The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

^^^
    I walked into my local Wal-mart at random about three weeks ago and picked up the Black Widow figure (there was only one of her on the pegs). I haven't seen any other Black Widows in other stores yet.

They may be extremely short-packed (1 to a case perhaps?).

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Possibly. :( Which really sucks. I guess if I see one, I just need to grab it.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Well, turns out the TRU Ewok (and possibly Yavin Pilot) multipacks will cost even more than we thought. Rebelscum is reporting that the Ewok set is showing up in the TRU store computer system for $39.99, five dollars higher than previously announced.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Dammit! I haven't seen anything past the initial Avengers waves. I still need Hawkeye and Black Widow both. Hawkeye looks great for this scale.

5. Kira's Mom

Not bad for 4 inches. But the 7 inch Select Hawkeye is even better.

That sounded wrong, didn't it? :lol: Then there's the 12 inch Hot Toys version coming...

6. OdoWanKenobi

Indeed. I have two payments down on him, and one more to go. Who knows when he'll actually arrive, though. I shall go crazy with pictures when he does.

Sad to think that it will take around a year to get a whole Hot Toys Avengers team, but it will be worth it.

I'm still searching for the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" figures, too. I've seen nothing beyond Iron Man, which is the exact same figure as the Iron Man II Mark VI, just with some scuffs.

7. cooleddie74

I'm not surprised one iota.

Hasbro loves, loves, LOVES to recycle older molds...to death. It probably won't be the last time you see that particular Mark VI mold.

8. OdoWanKenobi

You're probably right. This is actually already the third or fourth time they've reused it. It got a straight up rerelease in the Iron Man Legends line, along with at least one repaint in goofy colors for that same line.

9. cooleddie74

I think the Princess Kneesaa figure in the new Ewok set is partially made of repainted, recycled parts from the 2011 Vintage Collection Wicket. At least that's what a couple of guys on the collecting boards have said.

10. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure Teebo is Logray too. Tippet's tiny head is kinda strange.

Picked up the Bespin Cloud Car at half-price. Nice enough I suppose though kinda bland. At least it gives me an excuse to pick up some Cloud Car pilots that have been peg warming at my local TRU.

11. cooleddie74

The Cloud Car is an excellent little vehicle. I was actually surprised that Hasbro didn't reissue it in a black and silver Vintage Collection box to resemble the original ESB Cloud Car packaging from the beginning of the eighties. After all, they issued a Cloud Car Pilot as part of the Vintage figure line so it would have been perfect to rerelease the vehicle at the exact same time the new figure was hitting. The timing would have been impeccable.

I mean...they can rerelease and put a Clone Wars V-19 Torrent Starfighter in a classic-looking Vintage box but not the OT Cloud Car? Someone's been huffing model airplane glue.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  12. cooleddie74

Brand new packaged photo of the upcoming Target-exclusive "Villain Set" with the brand new Snaggletooth:

[​IMG]

In parts of East Asia this is a Toys 'R' Us exclusive instead.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  13. OdoWanKenobi

I found a 6" Captain America and Thor buried under scores of Iron Men yesterday. Alright! I beginning to think that Hulk, Hawkeye, and Loki are myths, though. Hasbro had better show us a Black Widow in this scale at SDCC, or else a lot of people are going to be pissed.

14. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I still own the small '70s/'80s STAR WARS action figures that I owned as a kid. Over the last ten years, I've sold most of my '80s and newer Transformers, although I still buy a new Transformer every now and then.

These days my main toy line of interest is the Panosh Place Voltron toy line of the mid-1980s.

15. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Got that one -- the one in the photo. I don't own any Stealth Voltron toys.

16. C.E. Evans

17. cooleddie74

A better pic of the carded Clone Commander Fox.

Only one or two per case?

Bad distribution?

What's likely to be yet another incredibly popular Clone Trooper?

Yeah, you'll find a Wonka Golden Ticket before you'll spot this in stores.

[​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

The very first carded pic of the upcoming, new Princess Leia(Bespin Gown) from the Vintage Collection. She'll be available on two different designs of cardback: this one and the blue-themed "Lost Line" layout I posted pics of much earlier in the thread.

Sorry for the poor quality, but it's the way the photo is.

[​IMG]

Nice to see that Hasbro seems to have replicated the ornate, flowery patterns of Leia's Cloud City outfit in the soft goods of the figure. This looks like it might be amazing up-close, even if the face looks more like Hilary Swank than it does 1980-era Carrie Fisher. :p

19. Kira's Mom

I just ordered the 4 inch Black Widow figure. I hope it's as nice as the 4 inch Hawkeye!

Really annoyed with ToyWiz. Everyone else seems to have shipped the Select Hawkeye except them. I really want him! :( I should cancel and get him from somewhere else.

20. C.E. Evans