Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, they were obviously approaching Neverland when Bae broke free of the Shadow's grasp and fell into the drink, where he was picked up by Captain Hook, who one would expect to find off the coast of Neverland.

Heck, it's specifically the sight of Neverland on the horizon that causes Bae to panic and make a last-ditch effort to get away from the Shadow . . . .

I don't think there's any ambiguity there at all.

(Note also that they made a point of establishing that time flows differently in Neverland, presumably to explain how Bae could drop into Neverland back in Edwardian times and eventually wind up in the present day somehow.)

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, great episode. I really enjoyed their take on the Peter Pan story, that was not at all what I was expecting. I'm very intrigued by what was established about Greg and Tamara, I was not expeting them to be part of a bigger conspiracy. I wonder if there's anymore to Tamara's hatred of magic than what she said here. I hadn't thought of the Darlings starting the anti-magic group, but given what happened with the Shadow I could definitely see that happening. I can't wait to see where they will end the season, they proved last time that they are not afraid to turn the premise completely on it's head.

3. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

After the ending of last season I'm actually worried what will happen to them all. Not many series can actually manage to do that, otherwise it's usually: "Huh, I wonder how they are going to get out of this one."

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing I'm not clear about (which next episode may clarify): is The Shadow meant to be the show's take on Peter Pan, or is there going to be some as-yet-unseen "merger" of Bae with The Shadow to make Pan, tempering the Shadow's cruelty somewhat? Although considering Bae doesn't seem able to fly... unless he's just run out of pixie dust...

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You'll remember in the book/play/movie that peter's shadow was separated from peter, and he tried to stick it to his feet with soap, but Wendy called him a silly boy and darned the shadow to his feet... Did she sew the shadow to the souls of his feet or the souls of his shoes?

Maybe Bay learns how to fly, but he didn't take Hook's hand which is really where the comparison falls short, because Gold has stolen the classic Hook/Pan feud.

Is Cora on the Jolly Roger in Neverland?

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Cora is on the Jolly Roger, since Smead is there. Somehow Smead ended up in Storybrook before Hook did.

7. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just think, if Rumple wouldn't of killed his wife, then Bea's mom would be there on the Jolly Roger. Shame...

Side note: Didn't that shadow kind of remind you of Michael Jackson? You know, just wanted the boys.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Sadly ive never watch or read Peter Pan. Is there a good movie out there of Peter Pan I can watch?

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^The Disney cartoon.
    or for live action
    Peter Pan (from about 4 or 5 years ago)

Then after those two watch the Johnny Depp movie Finding Neverland. A semi-fictional telling of J.M. Barry's writing of Peter Pan. You'll need a hanky for the tears though.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are two versions that seem to come up most often are the Disney animated version from 1953, and the live action version from 2003 with Jeremy Sumpter (Friday Night Lights) as Peter, Rachel Hurd-Wood as Wendy, and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) as Hook. I just watched the 2003 one a while back and really enjoyed it, but I haven't read the original story, so I can't judge it's accuracy to the source material.
    EDIT: Oops, apparently Sojourner writes quicker than I do.

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the 2003 one is better than the old Disney one, in that it's a lot more forbidding overall. The thing about Pan is, in the original story... he's kind of an ass. That's why I expected the Shadow to somehow fuse with Bae - maybe the sewing that Guy reminded me of - tempering each other.

Also, Hook of course is required afterwards. ;)

11. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Today is a very good day to be a Once fan; not only did we get an official S3 renewal announcement, we've officially become a franchise as well with the pickup of OUaT in Wonderland (or, as I'm referring to it, Once: Wonderland).

12. Snick27

Do you have a link?

13. DigificWriter

^ Ask and ye shall receive:
    OUaT Renewal
    OUaT in Wonderland Announcement

I'm super-excited for both, but am also rather confused right now because Emma Rigby's character - previously announced as the Red Queen - is being referred to as the Queen of Hearts, even though we already HAVE a Queen of Hearts in Barbara Hershey and know that Adam and Eddy want to get her involved in the spin-off.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that's cool. Hopefully Wonderland will be as good as Once.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. DigificWriter

I was surprised they sprung this recasting on us, but was more worried about the Emma Rigby role confusion because the character she plays has a big effect on whether Adam and Eddy have the option of pursuing Barbara Hershey for involvement in the show.

17. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasw a very curious cliiffhanger. For about the last ten minutes, the lips moved but no voices were audible. You could hear background noises, such as sea gulls or waves slapping the Jolly Roger. And the underscore turned into a full-volume overscore.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Didn't have that problem, but at one point a commercial did try to play over part of the episode.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeremy Sumpter version of Peter Pan is amazing and overlooked. Plus Jeremy Sumpter is hot, not in the movie but I have a crush on him. :lol:

Peter Pan as evil is awesome, but the cliffhanger was interesting, but rather boring.

20. Snick27

I watched the Disney 1953 version and WoW! They don't make them like that anymore. Twinkle toes and the Mermaids are just plan evil trying to kill Wendy.

Loved the Gator too. Better than I thought I would be and Peter was a bit of a Dick too. Kind of felt sorry for Hook.

So regarding tonights seasons finale episode. So Peter Pan is evil huh? How did they get a picture of Henry when Bae was still a boy himself?

Whats next magic time travel?

I understand time flows different there, but really how do they know the future? For all we know Bae would of tripped over a rock and died right there and Henry wouldn't of been born.
    Im all into time travel and knowing the future, but this is stretching things a bit.

So when does the next season start?