Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--"Let He Who Has Eyes See" (Short Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Nerys Ghemor, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--"Let He Who Has Eyes See" (Short Sto

I remember Dukat trying to explain that to Weyoun, and Weyoun was so sadistic he just didn't get it. :vulcan: At least, the latter part. Not that Dukat was a good guy, but he knew some stuff... in an odd way.

I was surprised how far Weyoun let himself get pushed around- all those sensitive databases... I guess with Jem'Hadar in the room or Breen... he needed more soldiers at his side. But you're right, Weyoun had "issues" with Dukat, so Dasreen wouldn't have qualms bickering with someone young, who had a disability. *shakes fist*

Dasreen went waaaay to far, by leaps and bounds. It's interesting what they say about bullies, of which Vorta are of course, they're cowards- even in the presence of Jem'Hadar. He didn't have anything to lean on besides cutting words. :rolleyes:

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah...but that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. ;)

I don't think Berat would be depressed. I think he would be really thrilled if he pulled it off, especially because of the huge challenge it represented.

But I think leaving it unclear whether he ever will solve it is the best way...because his pride and his worth simply aren't defined that way--and shouldn't be.

Dukat definitely seemed able to push back against Weyoun, at least to some extent--and I think that was by virtue of his position. But with Weyoun, I think we started to see him on the path towards becoming like Dasreen. The further Damar deteriorated, the nastier and more openly contemptuous he became. But Dasreen...he didn't even have a modicum of respect to be destroyed. I think he only learned respect in those very last seconds, when he realized he'd been tricked!

The funny thing is this. If you discard the inner characters of each, Dasreen should've been the one holding all the cards. But I think you're right about what a coward he was...he was so insecure about the idea of losing a simple recreational game in front of the Jem'Hadar that he let himself be goaded into doing something stupid and reckless even over said Jem'Hadar's advice.

3. Marie1

You? Avoiding something cute on the subject of Cardassians? Who are you?? What have you done with Nerys!? *pulls out Kar'takin*

I found his dialogue fascinating though. It's on character... or species. And I've always found it interesting because Vorta are supposed to be super inquisitive... but you don't learn new things by being a jerk to the people who can teach you... usually.

And the lesson: Always, always listen to your Jem'Hadar... :devil:
    But I find it so funny... such a lack of common sense, and he walked into that like... on ice on a hill! It was fun. :D

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

It's always good to see a smug vorta get their just desserts. I think that's something both Jem'har and Cardassians can agree on!:bolian:

5. Marie1

^ We, the Jem'Hadar, agree. ;)

6. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

But what if the Founders tell you not to?

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, I want people to empathize with my Cardassian characters (the ones worthy of it, of course)...but cute? Well...not this storyline, at least. ;)

They do seem inquisitive--but only when they feel like they HAVE something to learn. Dasreen stupidly assumed Berat's knowledge and skills meant nothing because of the wrapping they came in.

Like ice on a hill...and considering some of the idiot drivers in my city any time we get winter weather, that's a VERY apt comparison. Especially with the snooty ones who have SUVs and assume they are somehow exempt from the laws of physics because they have 4-wheel drive and a vehicle that takes up the whole damn lane.

8. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I'm full of shame because I got my car stuck in an embankment when it snowed here last week. It turns out I am the idiot driver I'm always complaining about.:scream: I have a lot of to reexamine.:(

In fairness, though, it was a three mile per hour collision which didn't even scatch the paint. Although I suspect I'd have frozen to death if someone hadn't pulled the car out.:p

9. Marie1

Pfft, you mean the Great Lake? They can go for a swim. I don't answer to the Flounders...

Continues peering at this Nerys suspiciously... :shifty:

A mistake people make now... which is silly of them.

Ugh!! Here too! And yet they drive like it's summer, will try to race you in cars not ready for winter... someone in a truck coming the opposite way (plenty of room, til he sped up) tried to run over me when a car in my lane pulled half off the road and I had to pass, I had to swerve and make the car fishtail... then when I get to my driveway soon after, the truck behind me was sitting on my bumper. How stupid. The next day, the same truck made a big show of racing me and getting caught in the traffic ahead of us... :rolleyes: Moron.