New Build, USS Vengeance from Star Trek XII

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Apr 28, 2013.

1. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome work, Madman1701A!

The front shot is a particular favourite of mine: She looks very intimidating!!!

:) As with all your art / builds: I'm in awe!

2. Jadin

Jadin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Great work!

3. User897

User897 Cadet Newbie

I don't have the toy in-hand just yet, but I am assuming the Hot Wheels ship has the deflector's protective doors closed.

Madman, your skills on this render are LEGENDARY! I can't wait to see the end result!

4. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks. :)

I hope to get back to this soon, but I ended up busy with some other things the last couple of weeks.

My original goal was to finish it before the movie was out in theaters, but now I will be happy if I finish it before the BluRay comes out! :)

-Ricky

5. 1701TPA

1701TPA Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

JUST AWESOME WORK RICKY !!!!
    ....as always pal

6. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I will say that this vessel itself is my second least favorite after the reboot Enterprise (the Prime Alternative, Deg3D, and Vektor versions far surpass the reboot Enterprise), and is one of the least "Trek" ships in feel (the huge hole in the saucer is a waste of space. How long would it take from the bridge to the deck that's maybe 100 meters in front of it, now that it has to go all the way around?).

That said, your work is very impressive, and I hope you finish this ship! It looks like you've gotten just about all the major details on it, including the odd sliding deflector dish panels on front. I don't know if you've seen these, but here's a reference pic I saw online for it. It looks like it does have saucer impulse engines there. You're definitely a talented 3D artist. Keep up the good work!

7. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

I prefer madkoifish's version of the enterprise, the old one and the one he is currently building. Korner's enterprise is ok, it has a more modern feel to it. As for the vengeance I like it better than the enterprise.

8. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The green portions, are those the really large torpedo launchers?

9. Cforrest

Cforrest Cadet Newbie

Could you post a download link of it as is? I think it looks awesome and several of us at Zealot.com are anxious to turn it into a papermodel:drool::drool::drool:, if that's okay with you. Thanks!

Live long and prosper:vulcan::vulcan::vulcan:

10. skree

skree Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

@Jadin Not to get off topic on this thread. What happened to your NC-01 Deck Plans?

11. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

I'm not sure, exactly... the roundish things are those phaser drone things that it launches at Enterprise, but I need a better look into that area to figure out what it is supposed to be for sure.

Hmm, maybe... what format do you guys need it to be in? Right now the model is in all sorts of separate pieces and stuff too...

-Ricky

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's awesome!! Now, scale. How big does this look compared to a [insert ship here]?

Mark

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I need to modify this slightly because I just saw the official size stats on Startrek.com, bit here's an idea of the USS Vengeance next to Starfleet's finest:
    [​IMG]
    The official size of the Vengeance, according to the scale of the new Qmx model is...

Length: 4800'/1463.04m
    Width: 2400'/731.52m
    Height: 1133.33'/345.34m

14. Cforrest

Cforrest Cadet Newbie

Just in your usual blender format should be fine. Thanks.

One of our moderators said he'd be delighted for you to join us at Zealot by the way.

15. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ever think of adding a 3rd nacelle...? ;) :) (Or doing a 3-nacelled version too?)

Sorry, I just really really want to see what that ship would look like with a 3rd nacelle...proper Star Trek Dreadnoughts should have 3 nacelles, darn it!!! *froth* *foam* *rant* *dribble*

16. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Personally I don't think it's as big as that. Slightly bigger than the Sovereign seems more realistic.
    Does anyone know who designed the Vengeance? I'm guessing it's Ryan Church but it resembles a number of John Eaves's designs for Star Trek Online.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Take a look at this, especially when the Vengeance dwarfs Alcatraz Island then when the saucer smashes through all those superskyscrapers. It's a damn huge ship!

MASSIVE movie spoilers. Which apparently Paramount France couldn't care less about:)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRblfmXGCc[/yt]

18. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I know. The scales of both the Vengeance and the Enterprise change several times. In the first movie, when Kirk is looking up at the ship being built you can see several people on scaffolding which allows for a size comparison. I calculated that it was somewhere between 300 and 400 meters long. Then of course there's the shuttlebay shot which they scaled it up for. After that it seems to revert back to its original size and stay that way for the whole movie. You can even see that the rim of the saucer is only two decks thick.
    In STID, it also seems to be around 350 meters or so. And the Vengeance is twice its size, until the crash scene where it seems to grow. Since it seems to be rather inconsistent I just choose the more plausible option of having the smaller sizes.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

ILM is simply following in its proud tradition of real-time scale adjustment that they've been engaging in for the past 30 years! :p

20. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

That! :techman::techman: