Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I should go back and try mine. Haven't done it in a while. Maybe it works now...

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got my official welcome letter and account information

3. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Got my subscriber # in my email today. Registered, and...Works perfectly! I'm able to view the first issue online.

4. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just got my subscriber number in an email this morning. I haven't tried to see if I can sign into the magazine's online features yet but I will after work when I'm less busy.

I wonder if I will get an email with the shipping information for order tracking when they eventually ship?

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Online magazine feature seems to work just fine. I hope the models ship soon!

6. Toxteth O´Grady

Was I mistaken to expect the first issue in the mail on 10/09? The email says to expect the first issue in 21 days. Is this accurate?

7. trekker670

Pure speculation, but I would guess that they start shipping today (9 Oct) and you should receive them within 21 days (likely much less, depending on your location and the shipping service they're using).

8. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

A nutty comment on the YouTube promotional video:

"Fail! Fail! No human can fit in these ships, much less a whole crew.How are you suppose to fly the darn things?"

I think this person fails to comprehend the meaning of the term "scale model".

9. Toxteth O´Grady

Somebody on the Facebook page, who is a UK subscriber, says that since 2 issues ship at a time, the first shipment might not be until issue 2 is in stores. And apparently over there they are having a lot of issues with subscribers not getting specific issues.

10. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I have noted this as well, I am hoping it is an issue with production and distribution out there and not specifically a problem at Eaglemoss

11. trekker670

It's interesting that the "On screen" portion of the magazine for the E-D mentions the two CG models used (DS9/VOY and ENT), but doesn't mention the new ones (at least 2) made for the TNG-HD project.

12. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your YouTube mention had me curious as to what's going with this collection. Well, if that previously mentioned comment wasn't enough...I found a Review that's even worse than that. Get a load of this one: (and I warn you...watch your eyes....you might just go blind after this one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-S7sik-RU

In any case, what I'm finding is that the 1.99 lb ($4.95) price is enticing many non-Trek, and even non-Sci-Fi fans, to buy Issue #1, and then having to audacity of doing a YouTube Review of the model. This would be like me doing Reviews of Romance Novels.

13. Asbo Zaprudder

Was he trying to imply that his cock is a big as the E-D? More errors of scale. :guffaw:

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Finally got my NX-01 today, some of the details are blurry and the nacelles aren't as well constructed as they could be, but it's a nice little ship.

15. trekker670

For those in the UK who have already started getting packages, does Eaglemoss provide subscribers with a tracking number when they ship the packages or do they show up in the post?

16. Asbo Zaprudder

They show up in the post -- no tracking.

17. Johnny Rico

There were so many things wrong with that video, I hardly know where to begin. First of all, the camera angle was too low (crotch shot not withstanding). I mean there was more 'table top' in the shot than visible subject (the magazine). Could he not have tilted his camera up, somehow? Two, the crotch shot. I mean not only was it straight on, but it was spread eagle and with gym shorts that wan't flattering. I mean, DAMN...

And three...you're not gonna like this one...the British Accents. I'm sorry, but you guys over there across the Pond, need to realize that even though we speak the same language, trying to understand that dialect is darn near impossible to us Colonials over here. Some are worse than others, but to me at least, I equate the thick British accent as something akin to the American Appalachian Redneck accent.

18. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Where as mine is perfect.

19. Asbo Zaprudder

Not offended at all. I have to turn on subtitles for a lot of US TV series. Groin guy's accent is obviously from somewhere in the middle of the Danelaw, but I can't quite place it -- possibly Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. It doesn't sound very broad to me.

20. Johnny Rico

Really? You have trouble understanding what is dubbed the "clean broadcast" American dialect? That's interesting. Never heard that before.

The way I, at least, hear the British accent is that it's very 'staccato' sounding. Very abbreviated syllables. The cutting off of syllables unnecessarily.

There's a YouTube user by the name of IrishTrekkie, who's done some very nice reviews of all the models so far, who I assume by the name is from the Aisles, but his accent is barely noticeable. I have always thought that the Irish accent is very thick.