RPG Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 24, 2005.

1. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

Chronicles

Near the Romulan Border,

An attack on a decades old Federation protectorate . . .

A world in crisis . . .

A Queen forced to abicate her throne . . .

A cry for help . . .

These are the voyages of the Starship Galaxy NX-70637, the first of her class. After being in Spacedock for 10 years, the Galaxy has been refitted for active duty. While most of the other Galaxy-class ships have either been destroyed or ends up missing in action the Galaxy has stood the test of time to serve Starfleet throughout the difficulties.We are a fun, relaxed sim set in the year 2416.

The following positions are available:
    Executive Officer
    Chief Engineer
    Chief Counselor
    Chief Flight Control Officer (Helm)
    Chief of Operations
    Hazard Team Leader
    Chief Communications Officer
    Asst. Chief Medical Officer
    Asst. Chief of Security
    Captain's Yeoman

To apply send a bio along with your simming experience to Captain Bartlet at:
    admiral_mick@yahoo.com or apply at our group site: Click Here for the Groups Site

Feel free to visit our new website: Galaxy Website

Join the U.S.S. Galaxy where adventure awaits for those who show up.

A proud member of Alpha Fleet Simulations Group.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Star Trek: USS Seafarer

Sir,
    I apologize for the lack of information.
    Please have a look at the new website! It has more info...
    BTW, the Seafarer is a TNG-era-based PBEm, and the ship is a Federation exploration ship.
    Thank you for your remarks.
    :)
    --Dada

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Far Point Fleet

Far Point Fleet

“We are alone…We stand unafraid, staring into the darkness of the unknown and find in our hearts courage instead of fear. We are the men and women of Far Point Fleet. We are charged with establishing a strong Federation presence here, so far from Sector 001…And we will succeed.” ~ Fleet Admiral James “Rook” Mirtoh

Based out of Starbase 25, precariously positioned far from known space, Far Point Fleet stands ready to meet the challenges that come from being so far from home.

Assignment to Far Point Fleet is considered the most dangerous and exciting post that Starfleet has to offer since the potential for excitement is greater here than anywhere else in the known universe.

Do you have what it takes to explore the great unknown? Do you have what it takes to work so far from support and protection? If you do, then come and join us. We are FAR POINT FLEET. (www.geocities.com/farpointfleet/)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Far Point Fleet

The USS pilgrim is a Starship on a 7 year mission just launched from deep space nine. As they explore the surrounding areas there's no way to tell what advetures await them, from the badlads to maybe even the mirror universe!

This is a classic forum style RPG, We Just finished beta testing and we have many ship staff positions open and are ready for new members! click on the link below to go to our forum, and click the forum titled "join the RPG." just fill out the character building sheet and within a day or two we will e-mail you back and most likely accept you.

(you also have to join the forum itself, but I'm sure you all know how to do this)

click here to join!

5. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Re: Far Point Fleet

proboards link doesn't work

6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. Guest

Guest Guest

TOS Trek

Do you like to read TOS Trek? Ever considered writing TOS Trek? Now you can do both with PbEM at ClassicTrek.com!

Come experience Star Trek adventures in their most primal form! Klingons, Romulans, Merchants, and the Federation characters are all possible. Come read about the daring exploits of the many ships from differing races or even the board-wide Mirror Universe episode currently in play. Tell them Captain Suril sent you.

The USS Hannibal, a Saladin-class destroyer, is actively seeking players for upper-rank and department head positions while the other ships always welcome new faces. Come on by and take a look!

Captain Suril
    USS Hannibal
    NCC 512

8. Commander Lenslow

Commander Lenslow Cadet Newbie

USS WYVERN PBEM RPG

The U.S.S. Wyvern is a Star Trek "Play by Email" Role Playing game, set in the popular Star Trek universe originally created by Gene Roddenberry in 1966. The U.S.S. Wyvern is placed in the "Next Generation" era of Star Trek, and is following the events after the War between the Dominion and the Alpha Quadrant came to a close at the end of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and a few years after the U.S.S. Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant at the end of Star Trek: Voyager.

The Wyvern is an Intrepid-class Starship, under the command of Captain Arinea Kadiri. The Wyvern is stationed near Starbase 185, exploring a region beyond Federation space populated by cultures who are not necessarily on friendly terms with the Federation. The Wyvern's primary mission is peaceful exploration and the protection of Federation interests in the sector.

Current Game Status (as of 14 Nov 2005)

While exploring an uncharted region of space, the crew of the U.S.S. Wyvern has encountered an asteroid displaying unusual properties.

Positions open (as of 14 Nov 2005)

Chief Science Officer
    Chief Medical Officer
    Medical Officers
    Engineering Officers

Department head positions are required to post at least once per week.

For more information about the U.S.S. Wyvern, please visit http://www.usswyvern.org .

9. Guest

Guest Guest

To get to this site Click Here

hey, new here so not sure really where to post this. Ive created a Star Trek forum based RPG called Galactic Threshold - each user controls a planet / system / race / civilisation and can determine its fate, declare wars, make peace among other things - its also a good chat forum. I have a history of making forums that work so do not be put off by the "only 9 registered members" because we only opened 2 days ago. Please visit us PM me on here or reply to this to tell me what you think and sign up if you want to - there are lots of good places left - im also looking for capable staff - I need to get this forum running so please sign up and if you have any knowledge of Star Trek it could be really useful

to get to the site Click Here

Thanks

JB

10. Blade Runner

Blade Runner Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I have recently joined the Galactic Threshold RPG. We need lots more members and there is loads of species still to be allocated. If we can get the numbers it should be good fun. :thumbsup:

Make it so!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Answer Starfleet's call to duty and join the USS Falocn of Raptor Fleet today. Please visit www.raptorfleet.com for more information.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

This is just an announcement that we're in the development phase of relauching RPG Want Ads

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Rebirth of a Dream

Alpha Fleet is being reborn and we would like to invite you to be a part of it. Set in the early 25th Century, in our new adventures the Worlds of the Federation have seen peace since the end of the horrific Dominion Wars. Exploration has continued and we've pushed the boundaries of our existence. Sadly though an old enemy is returning, and who knows what will come next.

Alpha Fleet - The Next Generation

14. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Re: Rebirth of a Dream

What kinds of things do you see in the new "Alpha Fleet"?

* The S.C.E. (ie: U.S.S. Da Vinci - Saber-Class)?
    * The Ships+Bases of Reg Barclay & Admiral Paris' "Project: Voyager"?
    * Beta / Delta / Gamma Quadrant Exploration?
    * Starfleet Academy training vessel's adventures?

* Temporal Affairs.

* "What If" Alternate Universes?
    (ie: The Return Of The Maquis.)

{Mirror Spock's followers have been quietly moving between dimensions. They've been carefully interacting with disgruntled Federation colonists & "conscientious objectors" among some Starfleet Personnel throughout the Cardassian Annexation, The Dominion War & the Baku Relocation scandal. Realizing Starfleet is caught between a rock & a hard place, the M.U. Spock has been asking the Maquis to volunteer to reconstitute the Terran Resistance & it's losses to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance. For the time being, a certain status quo has been achieved. For now, it's all quiet in the M.U.; & so, the time has come to return home....}

* Future Joint Crews (Created in a timeline set between canon trek & the Wells-Class Relativity.)

I'd like to see non-canon kitbashed vessels used rather than white-knuckle gripping to the usual same-old, same-old. (Sovereign, Nebula, Miranda-Class, Intrepid-Class, etc.)

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

A New Year, A New Dawn, The Rebirth of a Friend

It is my honor to announce that on Sunday, January 1, 2006 at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Alpha Fleet Simulations Group, a Role Playing Organization that has been in operation for almost 5 years, it reopening it’s doors to the online community. With this reimagining comes many changes that have been brought about to help you have a more pleasurable experience while simming with us.

One of the major changes involves the emergence of a new Representative Council that has been designed to better see to the needs of the people making up our group. Open to any player in our group, the Representative Council will be utilized to give the players of the game a voice in the decisions of the fleet and to allow them a better say in what will happen in the Fleet’s Future. Any questions, comments, or problems with the fleet will be posted to this group and a solution can be worked out by the players here. This will be a truly democratic group, having a leader who will be selected from the applicants through a poll to be conducted by the Representative Council. Two assistants will also be initiated based upon the results as well (the first and second runners up). It is our sincere hope that this group will be able to better serve the players and ensure the continued success of the fleet.

Another new grouping in Alpha Fleet Simulation Group’s is the new Genre based Role-playing Division. An idea that has been toyed around with for quite some time, Alpha Fleet’s Genre Group will be designed for Non Star Trek Based Simulations looking for support from a larger group, but the important thing is that these groups will be considered sovereign - meaning they control their own activities without fear of interference. This will provide a support structure in the event of problems that may occur during the course of the simulations, and will provide an additional avenue to recruit new players. Since the initial announcement of our rebirth we have already welcomed City of the Living Dead and Star Wars: The Lost Era with three additional games under review. It is our sincerest hope that you will consider becoming a part of this new voyage into simulation alongside us.

One important aspect about Alpha Fleet Simulations has already been mentioned: all groups working alongside us and their players are paramount to us. That means that you, as a player of a game manager, don’t have to worry about someone coming into your group and making changes without your permission. We feel that the best person to lead a group is the person that designed it in the beginning, and we would be causing harm by interfering in any way other than to provide support. This means that Alpha Fleet will assist with recruitment, handling problems, and serving as a sounding board; but we won’t cause any changes to your group nor will we force you to do something against your will. In short, the games and those that participate have their own free will and can make choices on their own of what they want to see. We will not interfere or cause problems with our members. Presently, Alpha Fleet is the home of seven Star Trek simulations that serve alongside us in our adventures; but there is always room for more! As we continue exploring strange new worlds, we hope that you will consider being a part of the adventure.

A recent addition to our group is the added bonus of our helping to launch Fan Fiction series. Written by small groups of people (1 to 4), Alpha Fleet will be happy to help your fan fiction series get noticed. Those joining or interested in joining will have a large support structure to help you get started with your adventures. We accept fan fiction from any series at the moment, so please feel free to contact us if you’re interested in learning more.

So you’re probably asking why should you join Alpha Fleet Simulations. You should join Alpha Fleet if you’re a person interested in Role Playing Games and you want to participate in a group filled with other people that are just like you. Alpha Fleet is a place where the people are our true concern, and we’ll do what it takes to make sure that you have a good time while gaming with us. We’re a close knit group, and we’re always welcoming to new people that want to experience the adventure and world that is Star Trek. We’re a place where you can come to relax and unwind after a hard day of work, and we’re a place where you don’t have to worry about what other people think. We understand the complexities of life and we understand that sometimes you have to go away for a while - and that is fine. We’re always welcoming of one more, and we hope that you’ll be one of those new people to come with us into a new adventure. If you come experienced or if this is your first time playing in an online game that’s no problem, we’ll welcome you no matter what.

It is my sincerest hope that I get the opportunity to play in an RPG game alongside you. I also hope that this letter finds you well and in good spirits at the beginning of the new year.

I hope that you will join us at the unveiling of our new site on Geocities (it’s temporary as our new webpage is already under development) tonight at 8:00 pm EDT at http://www.geocities.com/alphafleetsimulations - which features an easier to use layout and new features that will be added daily over the next week.

May you have clear horizons my friends,

William E. Teagarden
    Commander In Chief
    Alpha Fleet Simulations Group
    ussenterprisencc1701g@yahoo.com

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Memo from the USS Halcyon | Winter Brood Division

Hello,

This is captain Devol Gray, in command of the USS Halcyon. We are part of the Winter Brood division of Star Fleet. It is my privilege to reach out to you this day with an announcement and an invitation.

The USS Halcyon is currently undergoing the final stages of construction at the Utopia Planitia Ship Yards. Concurrently, as its captain, I have the opportunity to reach to the talent of the entire federation. I have also been empowered to offer positions to select federation officers that show interest and have the skills needed to staff the Halcyon.

I invite you all to peruse our ship data, and, if interested, submit a transfer application. Upon review and agreement of your superior officers, you can begin your service and training aboard the USS Halcyon in the near future.

I wish to allow you all the opportunity to communicate with me and existing members of my crew. Feel free to do so here, or on our web hub: http://www.winterbrood.com

MORE ON THE WINTERBROOD FACTION:
    We are a multi-game online community that has been in existence for years. We pride ourselves on the maturity and good nature of our members. Our heaviest presence has been in the Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies, with members playing diverse games across a wide spectrum of genres. Our main goal is to enhance the online gaming experiences of our members. There is no drama and we value fun and camaraderie above levels and fleeting gain (“leet loot”, etc).

JOINING USS HALCYON/WINTERBROOD FACTION:
    Visit our website at http://www.winterbrood.com and learn more about us. Participate in the forums, if you wish. You can do so without registering. Once you are ready register at this location:
    This acts as your application to join the crew (guild). You will be required to confirm your email address, and once your application is reviews, I look forward to welcoming you to the family.

MORE ON THE USS HALCYON:
    Complete ship details are found here: http://www.winterbrood.com/v2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=28
    GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Class - Prometheus
    Launch - 2377
    Length - 387m
    Height - 47m
    Number of Decks - 17
    Officer Crew - TBD
    Enlisted Crew - TBD
    Civilians/Families - TBD
    Armaments:
    Type XII Phasers
    Photon Torpedoes
    Quantum Torpedoes
    Multi-Vector Assault

WARP PROPULSION SYSTEM
    Sustainable Cruising Speed - Warp 9.9

DEFENSIVE CAPABILITIES
    Ablative Hull Armor
    Regenerative Shields
    Multi-Vector Assault Mode

Thank you for your attention. Captain Gray out.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ascension: The Phoenix Project

Bored of the same old Trek sims?

If your answer is yes why not visit Ascension: The Phoenix Project.

But what makes Ascension: The Phoenix Project different from the usual run of the mill Trek sims?

We are a totally independent sim group set in the year 2385

We don't have ships filled with positions nobody wants, how many of you really want to sim as a Transporter Chief or an Exobiologist? not many i'd guess which is why we at Ascension: The Phoenix Project only offer the positions people want to play.

We don’t have dozens of ships with one or two crew, we have a few ships which we fill with crew and new ships only get commissioned when we have the crew to fill them, we see no point in having a multitude of ships with just the CO and his pet Tribble, simmers want to sim, not hang about waiting for a crew to show up! So no matter which ship in Ascension: The Phoenix Project you choose to serve on you’ll be simming from day one.

We don’t have one single person in charge, all decisions regarding the group are made by and voted upon by a council of members.

We provide a full and extensive training service for all newcomers to the group, we don’t believe in throwing you in at the deep end.

So if you fancy a sim where you’ll get full training, a position where you’ll actually be doing something, a sim where no one person has the rule of law and where the number of ships is sensible and not wasteful then visit

Ascension: The Phoenix Project

Our academy can be found at

Academy

Some of our ships

Galen Station

USS Epsilon

Vasparken Space Dock

18. Capt. Lee Jacob

Capt. Lee Jacob Cadet Newbie

U.S.S. NEMESIS - Currently Accepting Crew

Hello Everyone, I am Captain Lee Jacob.

I am currently seeking new crew for the Starship Nemesis. She is an Extreme Combat Vessel and a member of Star Trek Legions. So if you want to join my ship then please follow the link below.

U.S.S. NEMESIS HOME PAGE

Here is a short discripton of her specs, if anyone is wondering. ;)

REGISTRATION INFO > > > > >

Type: Extreme Combat Vessel [War Horse]
    Classification: Titan Class [Second of her class]
    Constructed at: [CLASSIFIED STARFLEET SHIPYARD]
    Commissioned: 64574.91
    Original Commanding Officer: Capt. Darren Murphy [U.S.S. NEMESIS]
    Present Commanding Officer: Capt. Lee Jacob [U.S.S. NEMESIS - A]
    Primary Mission: War Defense / Search and Rescue
    Secondary Mission: Deep Space Explorer / Diplomatic / Ambassadorial

REFIT / RE-SUPPLY INFO > > > > >

Time between Re-Supply: 4.5 yrs
    Schedule Refit [minor]: 6 yrs
    Schedule Refit [major]: 30 yrs
    Expected Service Life: 90 yrs

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS > > > > >

Length: 1,025
    Width: 750
    Height: 341
    Decks: 60 [5 meters high per deck]
    Crew Compliment: 2,020
    Max Compliment: 2,500
    Emergency Compliment: 2,890

19. Trillspots

Trillspots Cadet Newbie

USS Patriot - Getting Desperate...

I am in great need of players for the USS Patriot. The Patriot is a Star Trek play by email role play simulation, set in the year 2381 (After the events of Star Trek Nemesis). We welcome new members and gladly answer any questions.

We have many of the “prime” positions still open, including:
    First Officer,
    Chief Medical Officer,
    Chief Engineer,
    Chief Security Officer,
    Chief Diplomatic Officer,
    and many Jr. Officer positions for new players – or less frequent players.

We will be starting a new mission soon, and hope to have you aboard.

http://backwardsscifi.homeip.net/main/simm/

If you're interested – or have any questions, feel free to contact me:

Email: Ziallatrill@gmail.com
    MSN Messenger: trillspots@gmail.com
    Yahoo! Messenger: cozayac

Thanks again,
    -Trill

20. Captain Untouchable

Captain Untouchable Lieutenant Red Shirt

Strategic Security Directorate

The Federation was an ideal, a beacon in the raging storm that had become of local space. Years of rivalry were put aside, old conflicts burried, and as the dust settled from the Romulan Wars, the Federation emerged. For a time, there was peace. Then the wars came.

Klingons. Romulans. Tzinkethi. Cardassians. Dominion. Breen. Son'a. Hur'q. Remans. Borg. Every major power, from every major corner, has tried, more than once, to unbalance the fragile ideals the Federation holds dear. These conflicts spawn more dangers: rebels extremists, splinter factions, warlords, pirates; the Federation is under attack from every side. Unchecked, these forces will slowly tear her apart. I don't intend to let them.

I represent the Strategic Security Directorate, a branch of Starfleet Intelligence assigned to missions of counter-intelligence, counter-piracy, and counter-terrorism. We secure the borders, seek out the threats, maintain the peace, and do what must be done to protect the future of the Federation, and of our children.

Two vessels are badly in need of crew - the USS Daedalus, and the USS Horizon. These vessels are crucial to our continued operations, and must be manned as quickly as possible. Supplimentary vessels will be deployed when additional resources and personnel are made availiable.

Our major vacancies:

USS Daedalus - Saber-class (refit) Special Ops Cruiser
    - Chief CONN Officer
    - Master-at-Arms (NCO)
    - Squadron Leader
    - Chief Medical Officer

USS Horizon - Typhon-class Command Carrier
    - Commander, Air Group
    - Chief Tactical Officer (Air Traffic Control)
    - Chief Engineering Officer
    - Chief Science Officer
    - Marine Commander

Plus other (junior) positions. For full listings, access our database.

Our recruitment is not limited just to Starfleet. We take the best personnel availiable, drawn from not only Starfleet and the Federation's civilian body, but also from other (allied) militaries - Klingons, Romulans, Ferengi, Cardassians, and Bajorans. Applicants from across the Federation Alliance are welcome: stability for the Federation means stability for the Alliance, after all.

Your help is needed. Will you answer the call?

Vice Admiral Valtane Zoran
    Commander-in-Chief: Strategic Security

- - -

Strategic Security is a PBEM RPG. Set a few years after the events of Star Trek Nemesis and the Titan series (Game Year = 2381/2), we currently have two active sims:

USS Daedalus
    The USS Daedalus is about to begin her second mission, set during the tail end of 2381, and featuring a voyage to investigate a mysterious threat causing the disappearences of many starships out in deep space, close to the Cardassian border. She is classified as a "Special Ops Cruiser", loosely similar to the USS Incursion from Star Trek: Away Team in operation - our personnel are highly trained, and often have skills outside of their standard service perameters, providing the Daedalus with an adaptive, multi-talented force that can, in theory, perform almost any mission.

USS Horizon
    The USS Horizon, due to launch early in February this year, is a Typhon-class "Command Carrier", as featured in the Star Trek: Invasion video game. Her first mission (set in 2382) will see her deployed to help settle one of the numerous diplomatic crises springing up in what is rapidly becoming known as the Disputed Teritories - regions of the Gamma Quadrant settled by nations from the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

The Horizon carries a fighter force, a sizable Marine force, several Special Operations and Support teams, and the facilities and firepower of a small outpost, all wrapped up in a warp-capable package. We're a "Starbase on wheels", as someone put it, and will be doing anything from diplomacy and peacekeeping to combat and defense, and all manner of fun things in between.

Our website is still under construction, but it is being constantly updated, with new sections being added to the Database and other areas of the site on a regular basis.

The website can be found at http://trek.gs101.com/strat-sec/. Any questions or queries about Strategic Security should be directed to myself, the sim owner, at groovyrp@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks for reading - I hope to hear from some of you soon.