Remove One Letter

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Deranged Nasat, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure we've played a game like this before, but on another forum I frequent someone started a thread, and I thought I'd reproduce it here. :)

Take a film, a book, a game, etc, and remove one letter from the title, to give a (hopefully) humorous alternative. Here are mine from the other board:

Moby-Ick: The white whale's condition is revealed to be the result of white-spot disease, perhaps due to Ishmael's ongoing insistence that a whale is a fish.

Oldfinger: The third film featuring post-retiree James Bond. A geriatric businessman smuggles pills and false teeth, and plans to contaminate Walmart to increase the value of his own pill supply. Can Bond stop his diabolical scheme?

To Kill A Mocking-bid: Powerful literary tale of prejudice and the fight for justice, as the protagonist's father auctions off his prized possessions only to meet with sneering offers that seriously devalue the items in question.

Little Wome: American post-Civil War classic in which Pontius Pilate attempts to balance domesticity, work and true love while reflecting on his place in society.

A Hundred Ears of Solitude: Latin America has problems, but no-one's listening to them.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe that open-ended game threads are not allowed in Misc; they are better suited for the lounges.

eta: here it is--last page, first two posts.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek: The Final Fontier: In the obsessive search for the perfect Trek font Captain Kirk make a stand for the purity of design. A stand which will ultimately fail when Star Trek meets its Nemesis.

4. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Lost in Pace: The space family Robinson embark on a journey to the stars, only to discover they are poor musicians and dancers.

5. Deranged Nasat

Oops, my apologies, then. If this needs to be moved to the Admiral's Lounge, then to the lounge it must go! :)

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aws. Amity Island is overrun by kittens.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Last time I played this game, I made a suggestion using "The Count of Monte Cristo."

No-one talks to me now.

8. Deranged Nasat

:lol:

9. teacake

Star Trek: The Search for Sock After discovering that dryers are portals to another dimension the crew of the Enterprise go on a recovery mission.

10. teacake

Star Trek: The Undiscovered Cuntry Emerging from their inter-dimensional basements a band of neckbeards seek the treasures they have only dreamed of until now.

11. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mystery Science Heater 3000: A mad scientist traps a man in space and forces him to use the worst home heating equipment ever made.

12. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

The Fountain Had Two architects meet to discusss the attributes of a famous public space. Although they will discover that one of them is a massive asshole, they will never know just what appeal the fountain had.

13. Captain Crow

Doctor Ho: An alien prostitute turns tricks throughout space and time.

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jurassic Ark: A bunch of dinosaurs try to survive the coming meteor by building a massive ship.

15. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

The Adventures of Huckleberry Inn - The scandalous and sordid happenings of an Inn in the sleepy southern town of Huckleberry.

Melrose Lace - Two sweet but naive sisters venture out on their own in 1990s Los Angelos to start their own fashion studio.

16. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

One Hundred Ears of Solitude -- You may think you're alone, but they're listening. They're listening.

17. Captain Crow

2001: A Pace Odyssey: Dr. Dave Bowman, after discovering his salsa was made in New York city, embarks on a mission to find a jar of Pace Picante.

18. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Han

Crossover. A million fan wanks cry out in terror...

Epic Roland Emmerick disaster movie set at the start of the third century.

Epic Stanley Kubrick science fiction film set at the start of the third century.

19. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The Amazing Spider Ma

Peter Parker's mother comes back from the dead and gets bitten by a spider.

Iron Ky

Really not sure I want to go there...

Total Reall

A movie set on Mars where shit just got reall.

Battlehip

Some old granny fighting the system to get that hip replaced.

The Hobbi

A wizard, twelve dwarves and a Hobbit make a model together.

Children of Me

Just me standing in front of a screen showing a photo album of my kids.

20. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

MacBet - the rise and fall of a Scottish clan of bookmakers, spanning 10 generations