E-book update: Distant Shores is now complete

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Thrawn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

I know someone posted a couple years ago that the Distant Shores e-book was missing a couple stories. I just bought it from amazon, and mine definitely has all of them.

Just for everyone's info.

2. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I never bought that one. I borrowed it from the library and read it in one weekend.

3. tmclough

tmclough Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That would be me. Unfortunately, because I downloaded my copy from BooksOnBoard, and because they no longer exist, if I want a corrected edition, I'll have to pay for another copy somewhere else. Of course, that's assuming that the ePub version has also been updated.

(Fortunately, I still have my TPB copy, which helped me realize that the ebook was missing material in the first place.)

4. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I suggest contacting S&S about this to get a new copy with all the content.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

What stories were supposedly missing?

6. tmclough

tmclough Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here's a link to the original thread, which includes the titles of the four missing stories.

7. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

I remember reading those posts and being confused then, as now. Where are these defective epubs being purchased? I had the original Microsoft Reader version that came out in 2005 and it was complete. I also purchased the epub from Barnes & Noble in 2010 and it was complete at the time of purchase.

I don't doubt the original posters but I've had two different ebook versions of this and they were both complete three and eight years ago.

- Byron