Your best headache cures!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Peach Wookiee, May 12, 2013.

1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Thought y'all would like an update. I went to my doctor who found I have some rather wicked tension headaches coupled with swollen sinuses perhaps due to the pollen in the air. So I'm on prescription level Advil and Percocet.

2. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Have you ever used a neti pot? They're supposed to be great for removing bacteria, pollen and other unwanted matter from your sinuses.

3. Peach Wookiee

That was one of the things on the "I tried it" list, Gary7. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

ETA: I hope that didn't come out wrong. I love Neti pots, but as I say, they don't always work for me.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My parents always used a moka pot. I've had a Krups machine, it worked very well, wonderful to be able to perfectly tailor your coffee to taste. I'm a little flabbergasted at what people buy here these days, people spend hundreds of dollars on coffee machines where you're just pressing a button and a preset amount of everything comes out. Every coffee I've had at peoples houses with these things is dreadful. Some of them don't even require picking out your preferred coffee beans, they come with preset little tubs of the coffee. It's genius marketing, how to make people pay $500+ for instant coffee!

I wore my Krups machine out over 10 years and nowadays I just make a plunger coffee every morning (I think americans call it a french press).

5. Peach Wookiee

^Yeah, it's a French press, teacake.

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

How's your headache now, Peach Wookiee? Does the prescribed medication work?

7. Peach Wookiee

Seems to have worked! :D I took some prescription Advil and Percocet last night and today it seems I don't need it. I like having a happy head again. :D

8. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Migraine veteran here, quite different..but still. Eating well and drinking water regularly. Naps can help if you're not getting enough sleep, even a couple of minutes will make an all day difference. Nap, nap, nap!

9. Peach Wookiee

I'm also adding exercise into my daily regime. While it can be argued that lifting my mother a few times a day is good exercise, my gut would probably disagree. So I'm adding in ten minutes on my exercise bike. It might reduce the stress further. I'm starting with listening to music available on YT and then working up to certain TV eppies I like on YT.