PICTURE POST!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by firecrackerrrr, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I think a snow glob would be more appropriate for Christmas.

"Number One, make it ..." Oh never mind.

2. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

Not in this part of the world.

[​IMG]

"Four out of five. And one for delivery."

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My roommate and I got VIP tickets to a FUN. concert last year, which basically meant we got to go to the upstairs bar and play pool and drink the band's beer.

Shameless, prepare yourself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's guy love. That's all it is.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I was visiting my mom recently. She has a puppy that terrorizes my dog. Occasionally she will sneak off to avoid his incessant pestering.

I found her on the futon in the spare bedroom lying on top of the teddy bear. So I repositioned it a little.

[​IMG]

And this, the unholy demon spawn of a dog my mom has. He's a cross between a hamster and a gremlin.

[​IMG]

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I mentioned in another thread that I bought a new car. I picked it up yesterday.

This is my old one, a 1992 Chevy Corsica: (YES IT'S OLD)

[​IMG]

And my new one:

[​IMG]

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Very nice! What led you to the Kia, as opposed to a Honda CRV?

7. Robert Maxwell

I'd driven a Kia Soul on a trip to Boston, and I checked out reviews and such, and drove various other cars. No Hondas, admittedly. But the Soul was just one that I really liked and came very well-reviewed. I also used a dealer that was personally recommended to me by several friends, and has a perfect rating with JD Power & Associates.

I don't have anything against the CRV, it just didn't interest me as much.

8. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Wow, nice car, RM!

Earlier today two of my kids came with me to take our dog for a walk on Dartmoor. The centre of Dartmoor is about a 30 minute drive from our house, down a twisty, turny, hilly road which is great fun to drive. For Sherlock Holmes fan, The Hound of the Baskerville is set on Dartmoor.

This is along the B3212 at a small car park along the road.

[​IMG]

Looking down the road from the same spot. As you approach the 40mph zone through Dartmoor on this road there is a road sign saying "Sheep lying on road". There were some sheep lying on the road, but they got up before I could get my camera out, the little buggers.

[​IMG]

My kids and the dog walking up the hill in front of me. By Dartmoor standards this hill is not steep. Still left me seriously out of breath, though!

[​IMG]

The view from the top of the hill. I'm lucky to live so close to such a spectacular place.

[​IMG]

9. Robert Maxwell

That's beautiful! My girlfriend is in Scotland right now and all she can talk about is how beautiful it is. Seems England looks nice, too. ;) I definitely have to make it over there someday.

10. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I can definitely recommend the Lake District. Fantastic scenery that rivals even the best that Scotland has to offer. :bolian:

11. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Indeed. The Cotwolds and where I am in Bath is very nice aswell (and very very popular with TEFL Schools given how many groups were in town earlier), as is the Mendips and the Somerset levels and of course, Stonehenge (which is to be honest is over rated and doesn't have a prison underneath it) and Avebury (which is a lot nicer and has a very nice pub in the middle of it) aren't too far away either.

12. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

It's really weird to see something I recognise so well in this thread. Dartmoor has several nice walks, but it's easy to get lost. :lol:
    There are also a lot of goarsebushes, huge rocks and several ponies around in parts other than pictured. It's a very scenic place. :)
    I also go to Bodmin moor sometimes, similar kind of landscape, just more open (less hilly, a couple of cliffs) with a lot of shorter grass generally. (From which parts of it I've been to.)

13. Mary Ann

I love Bath. If I don't visit Bath at least once a year I go into withdrawal.

The Lake District is a definite must-visit place for me. My husband is a big Wainright fan, and we want to do several of his walks. Dartmoor is quite a challenge, though. Many people are surprised to find such a landscape so far south in England.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This has always been exactly how I pictured Tolkien's Shire. (minus the paved road)

15. Mary Ann

Many movies and television shows over the years must have been filmed on Dartmoor. I'm too lazy to look it up, though. ;)

Fun fact: the largest town (or is it a village?) in Dartmoor is Moretonhampstead, which has the longest non-hyphenated place name in England. A beautiful place with plenty of picturesque cottages, it also has several good pubs and the best Devon cream teas.

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I love all the pics, macloudt! That looks like such a beautiful area.

17. Mary Ann

It's gorgeous. You must come and see it.

That's a hint. :shifty:

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ;)

(*Blows kiss*)

19. Mary Ann

20. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

[hides in the bushes]

Thread Status: