Working on STTNG

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by treknician1701, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treknician1701

treknician1701 Lieutenant Commander

Hello, everyone. My name is Greg Stone, for those of you who don't know who I am, and I had done some FX work on the first three years of "Next Generation", and I have come onto this good site to discuss that work with you all. I will be posting many photos and behind the scenes stuff, so keep checking back! Any questions, please feel free.

Greg Stone

2. treknician1701

First up, my friend Ed, sitting on the bridge

[​IMG]

Secondly, the model from "Q who" where the borg had cut a core sample out of the Enterprise:

[​IMG]

And here is the conference room, after hours:

[​IMG]

We'll see how well "Tinypic" works!

Greg Stone

3. treknician1701

Oops, just read the FAQ about images!!!! Looks like I will have to just put up links to any pictures.

GS

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Just open a Photobucket account and save the pictures to that then you can post them here. Isn't Tinypic the same type of image hosting site?

5. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool!!!!

6. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

For those who don´t know who he is: He is the guy who broke into the Star Trek TNG sets with a video camera and broke props and set pieces, leading to production beeing delayed.

@Greg...Sorry Sir, but I don´t like you.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/18/5322624/star-trek-tng-set-break-in-video-resurfaces

7. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

Are you the infamous 'Commander Stone'?

For shame.

8. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

NOTE!

This has every opportunity to have unfortunate consequences and a bad ending. Please avoid getting personal here.

Mutai

9. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

* Grabs popcorn *

Meanwhile... nice shot of the Obs Lounge. The original set (redress of sickbay) had no glass in the windows iirc, was this a permanent change once the dedicated set was built to have the glass? Were there times the glass was removed for vex?

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a whole thread about that video and Stone, I'd say direct your comments there. As for this one, I hope that is the first of many pictures, behind the scenes stuff is always fun.

11. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, little bit of TNG history I didn't know about. Should be an interesting thread.

12. treknician1701

Yeah, Freddie, I never liked you either, but at least you called me "Sir" :)

In the future, keep nasty comments to yourself, and sorry to see you on this board, you should have just stayed over at the RPF board, and minded your business

13. treknician1701

That is correct! Most people don't know that sickbay and the conference room were the same set, just redressed! Then they got a new set for Sickbay, which was in a different location.

GS

14. treknician1701

Okay, Gang, here is today's pictures:

First up, the Transporter room with the back wall ripped off:
    [​IMG]

Next is the room where Troi had her reception (I know, you're wondering why I didn't grab the Starfleet insignia in the back)

[​IMG]

And lastly, every TREK fanboys dream, Me standing on the transporter pad:

[​IMG]

Now, the reason that I didn't grab the Starfleet insignia is:

First: I AM NOT A THIEF!

second: It looked good in this picture, and good on the episode, but it was pretty crude in person.

third: we didn't want to screw up the PRODUCTION!

And I am tired of people commenting "How can you live with yourself for damaging the sets the way you did?"
    We did not damage anything. That medical bed was solid metal, and you couldn't damage it with a MACK truck!
    There was no damage to it, and there was no delay in filming the next day! I worked on the show for about a year
    after the video, and went on to bigger and better. The studio didn't even know about the video until late 1990!!!
    And that is a FACT!

More to come

Maybe

15. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The "incident" was over 25 years ago and anyone still holding a grudge or getting off on flaming you for it needs to grow up. They are just drama seekers. It's cool that you are sharing behind the scenes pictures and information that we can all enjoy. Plenty of the people attacking you have never contributed anything of value to this forum, yet here you are providing never before released photos and information about TNG. Thanks for posting here, Greg. Every little nugget you can provide us with adds to the history of Star Trek.

16. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Yes, water under the bridge. Most of us are grateful to have someone who actually worked on the show take time to post here and impart their stories as well an answer questions. Welcome!

17. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I do enjoy reading behind the scenes experiences. Hopefully we can have more of that here.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's interesting (and a little disheartening) how crap everything looks in the light of day. Though I suppose all that matters is how it works on screen at the end of the day.

19. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kinda makes you appreciate the talent of all those great people behind the camera who make this shit look good!

20. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A good director of photography is worth his weight in gold. But remember, those photos all used a camera flash, which never makes a room look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.