The Event: "For the Good of Our Country" - Nov. 15

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

While Martinez interrogates Michael personally, Vicky's superiors send her on a new mission.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't trust anybody.

You also can't act.

I also don't know why I'm wasting my time with this show. lol

3. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the rocky start of the first two episodes I seem to one of only three people who has mostly enjoyed this series but tonite's episode was worthy of those first two mediocre episodes.

A lot of the events I didn't buy and seemed contrived i.e. those mostly centering on the VP and his running off. Also there was an awful lot of filler that was just the writers stalling--did we really need to spend several minutes on Sean's quickie alley surgery which was totally devoid of suspense as to the outcome. In fact I question the necessity of even having Sean shot--it added nothing to the story nor did it advance the plot.

I also didn't buy the fact Leila and the doc got out of the pharmacy when both of them screamed "Something's definitely wrong!".

The only intriguing moment was to see Hal Holbrook briefly revert to his younger self--I just hope the story isn't going down some tired old predictable road with him wanting the aliens in order to be cured of some ailment--which this revelation along with last week's X-Files like cliffhanger with little girls seemingly being part of some sort of experiment a la Samantha Mulder would really suck.

Below average but I'm willing to call this the inevitable weak episode any season has and hope for better next time.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show is awful!

The VP has 196 people in the hospital, but no one bothered to check there was a second door in his room!?!

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm done. This show has been deleted from my DVR.

The fall season is a total washout with the exception of the zombies. Worst fall season I've seen in a long time. :p

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm done too. Awful show.

7. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Wow--and here I have all episodes taped on my DVR, waiting to be watched with my son... Perhaps I should clear some space? :p

8. joVuNik

joVuNik Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm still watching but this show is going towards Epic Fail.

9. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

This was one of the worst hours of TV that I have watched in a long time.

Sean's story was a complete waste of time and totally unnecessary to the plot of the show. The story involving the VP and President was so unbelievable that I was actually complaining out loud in frustration. I am *this* close to abandoning the show.

10. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny how for many of us this episode was the tipping point. I got ten minutes in and realized I wasn't paying a bit of attention but didn't care what I had missed.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I hit the FF button anytime the Sean arc came on. I just dont care about this guy. I think Holbrook is one of the aliens that caused the crash of the ship and he is of a different alien group than those held hostage. He needs his medication to stay young where the other aliens do not.

12. Temis the Vorta

This show is making Heroes look good. NBC should never have cancelled it if this is the best they can do for a replacement. At least Heroes was fun to make fun of! :rommie:

I just can't buy folksy old Hal Holbrook as the big bad villain.

13. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I figured out that the Vice President was in on it since the pilot just based on the casting. Smitrovich tends to play bad guys more often than not. Too obvious a revelation.

14. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Wow, this show has gotten bad (and it wasn't really good to begin with). But it had one of the most unintentionally funy scenes I have seen in a long time, the bad guy climbing/falling down the roof in the background before shooting Sean, that was great!

15. Temis the Vorta

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who laughed at that. :rommie:

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was laughing so hard at that. So silly.