Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, nobody with a body like Jeri Ryan's looks way hot wearing MORE clothes. ;)
    Besides that. Yeah, I found "Relativity" a great and very fun episode.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she does look way hot wearing more clothes. Part of it is the women in uniform thing. Part of it is the blue green color which her blonde hair looks wonderful with. I think she looks great in ANYTHING (pink dress anyone??) but the catsuit was actually the least attractive IMHO.

[​IMG]

"Are you questioning my attire?"

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's not Seven.

That's Ransom.

Jeri Ryan playing Ransom, but Ransom never the least.

Going back a couple days...

"When I put my hands on Jeri's breasts I'm touching Rudy's Boobies."

4. teacake

And going back even further..

"Is this the place where teacake says she thinks Ransom is kind of hot?"

5. Guy Gardener

It isn't is it?

Y'know?

If Ransom was a little prettier, that lad and Gilmore might have paired off as fuckbuddys, and then Burke never would have had his ear and there would have been no mass serieal slaughter culling.

If 20 seconds of Jeri in a skirt cleared away his justifications and cobwebs, imagine what shaing a bunk with Marla forever would do?

6. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Warhead: Not a particularly interesting premise, but there are enough good moments to make it worthwhile.
    5/10

Equinox Part 1 and 2: An excellent two-parter! The greatest compliment that I can give it is that I could have easily seen this episode rewritten for DS9. Great from beginning to end, although I found part 2 to be even juicier.
    Conflict between Janeway and Chakotay is always great, and this episode had it in spades. I also thought that Captain Ransom was a terrific guest character, and I was happy that he redeemed himself in the end. I'm also hoping that the surviving Equinox crew members become prominent characters in later episodes, although knowing the Voyager writers I wouldn't be surprised if the events of this episode are completely forgotten by the next one.
    Part 1 gets an 8, and Part 2 gets a 9. So, 8.5/10 is the score I'm giving it.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Heh, I have to say over time I think the scores we'd give episodes are generally becoming more divergent. It's made me somewhat less prone to commenting; if you're enjoying the episodes I don't want to be a downer.

8. AdmiralScreed

Be as big of a downer as you want! :p

But seriously, everyone's opinions are welcome. If you feel differently from me, feel free to voice your opinions. I would love to hear your thoughts.

9. DonIago

Well, I suppose the most obviously loaded question is, "What did you think of Janeway's conduct in Equinox?"

It's also a bit hard for me to talk Voyager since I haven't watched an episode in years now. :p

10. AdmiralScreed

I do think that Janeway crossed the line big time, but I'm not sure if I would say that she was out of character. She's been known to be reckless and impulsive; this is just another example of that. I'm certainly glad that Chakotay challenged her, not only because it was the right thing to do but also because conflict between their characters always adds some spicy drama.

11. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the problem most people have is that Janeway's acts crazy, Chakotay challenges her so she sends him to his room...then later on he's the one doing the apologizing on the bridge. Haha, this woman hardly ever has to face up to the decisions she makes or how she acts, makes it all the sadder that Bryan Fuller's proposed episode of Q saving Voyager on the brink of total assimilation if Janeway' reassesses her decisions in the previous 7 years didn't get produced.
    However I do still like Equinox although I feel part I is stronger. Equinox was the episode that RD Moore got really worked up about and I can see why. Enjoyable episode nonetheless, only the Janeway craziness and the Doctor suddenly becoming like a pantomime villains just because his ethical subroutines were removed REALLY bothered me, everything else was good enough.

12. AdmiralScreed

Janeway's a stuck-up prick, hate to say it. It used to bother me, but now I'm starting to like her that way. She's turning into one of those characters that I love to hate, kind of like Kai Winn from DS9. Not the angle the writers were going for, I'm sure, but it suits me. Her character isn't good for anything else. She certainly isn't a good role model.
    I still don't understand how there can be so many Janeway fans on this board. Nothing wrong with being fascinated by her character, but saying that she's an inspiration is, frankly, crossing the line. She's a total psychopath.

13. Guy Gardener

Welcome to the Darkside. :)

14. You_Will_Fail

I think the charisma of the actress has a lot to do with people liking Janeway, even if Mulgrew's brand of acting wasn't always to my taste, I did find her watchable.
    Also I found "Warhead" difficult to sit through, having the Doctor communicate to a beeping machine and then translating was beyond tedious.

15. Guy Gardener

You'd think that after that, Harry wouldn't be allowed to take charge of the night shift anymore?

16. DonIago

I think Janeway was put under stresses that most (perhaps all) Starfleet captains had never had to contend with before. That being said, her treatment of Lessing and Chakotay was out of bounds, and it's laughable to me that Chakotay would apologize to her later. Of course, we'd already seen an alternate Janeway be dismissive of challenges to her authority in "Year of Hell", so this wasn't a complete surprise.

This may sound uncharitable, but I'm left wondering whether the writers felt that the only way to establish a "credible" female captain was to make it so that her decisions, no matter how questionable they might have been at the time, always led to a minimum of negative consequences...and whether at any point they realized how that was actually coming across to many fans.

It probably doesn't help for me personally that the last captain we'd spent any significant time with, i.e. Sisko, screwed up on more than one occasion and, if he didn't face external consequences, it always seemed to me that he at least wasn't thrilled with his own actions. I wish Janeway had shown a little more introspection.

17. teacake

ALL HER DECISIONS WERE PERFECT.

18. DonIago

Heh heh. My mistake.

19. You_Will_Fail

I think it was Course: Oblivion that really showed me Janeway was a bit unhinged.

20. AdmiralScreed

:rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie:

But seriously, don't delude yourself.