"You are Cordially Invited..." Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by LeadHead, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

WORF: In her quarters.

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

SISKO: I'll go talk to her. Just keep them (Miles & Bashir) away from the food.

3. Enterprise1981

Dax is displacing her anger by rearranging items on a shelf.

DAX: (doorbell) Come in. (Sisko enters) Save your breath. Worf went too far and now it's over. Do you know what he wanted me to do? He wanted me to go crawling on my hands and knees to Sirella to beg her forgiveness. Beg her! Me! I was once the Federation Ambassador to the Klingon Empire. I negotiated the Khitomer Accords before Worf was even born.

4. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sisko: Curzon negotiated the Accords. And I've got news for you, old man. You're not Curzon anymore.

5. JanewayRulz!

DAX: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?

6. Orac

Sisko: It means that you can't expect Sirella to treat you like Curzon just because you carry his memories. To her, you're just a young woman who decided to marry into her family. If it means you have to bow down and kiss her boots, that's exactly what you have to do. And you knew that. The moment you decided to marry Worf, you knew that sooner or later you'd have to bow down and show her the respect that she's due.

7. JanewayRulz!

DAX: This is Worf's fault. Worf and his traditional Klingon wedding.

8. Orac

Sisko: Well, he may have let this wedding business go to his head, but you are three hundred fifty six years old. Compared to you, Worf is just a kid. And if you can't abide by Klingon traditions, then you never should have let yourself fall in love with him in the first place. And you are in love with him.

9. JanewayRulz!

DAX: I wasn't looking to fall in love. I was perfectly happy by myself. I had friends, a career, adventure. Then one day this Klingon with a bad attitude walked into my life and the next thing I know, I'm getting married. After three hundred fifty six years and seven lifetimes, I still lead with my heart.

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Sisko: You know, that is what I have always loved about you. And I think that's why Worf loves you too.

11. JanewayRulz!

DAX: Whatever happened to that young, callow Ensign I used to know? The one who used to turn to me for advice all the time? You know, the one with hair?

12. Enterprise1981

SISKO: I grew up.

13. LeadHead

Dax: I guess it's time I grew up, too.

14. Orac

[Quark's]

The decorations are back and kettledrums are booming from the upper level. The lighting is deep red. Sirella walks onto a stage lit by four braziers.)

Sirella: With fire and steel did the gods forge the Klingon heart. So fiercely did it beat, so loud was the sound, that the gods cried out, 'On this day we have brought forth the strongest heart in all the heavens. None can stand before it without trembling at its strength.' But then the Klingon heart weakened, its steady rhythm faltered and the gods said, 'Why have you weakened so? We have made you the strongest in all of creation. And the heart said:

15. Enterprise1981

WORF: I am alone.

16. Orac

Sirella: And the gods knew that they had erred. So they went back to their forge and brought forth another heart.

(Enter Dax in her red leather wedding dress and broad smile. Alexander brings two bat'leths.)

Sirella: But the second heart beat stronger than the first, and the first was jealous of its power.

(Worf and Dax cross bat'leths, and she puts hers against his neck.)

Sirella: Fortunately, the second heart was tempered by wisdom.

17. JanewayRulz!

DAX: If we join together, no force can stop us.

(They give the bat'leths back to Alexander.)

18. Orac

Sirella: And when the two hearts began to beat together, they filled the heavens with a terrible sound. For the first time, the gods knew fear. They tried to flee, but it was too late. The Klingon hearts destroyed the gods who created them and turned the heavens to ashes. To this very day, no one can oppose the beating of two Klingon hearts. Not even me. Worf, son of Mogh, does your heart beat only for this woman?

19. LeadHead

Worf: Yes.

20. Enterprise1981

SIRELLA: And do you swear to join with her and stand with her against all who would oppose you.