Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes and no. I believe that there's a codicil in the contracts about if the characters aren't used in 'x' number of years the rights revert back to Marvel.

At least that's the way it was back when Roger Corman made his FF movie. It was never intended for release. It was just so the studio could retain the screen rights.

Nor sure if the X-men movies are like that, but they might be.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, that's how the rights work, but the characters come in a bundle basically. Fox renews the X-Men rights every time they make an X-Men movie, and they would lose the rights if they failed to to do so within the number of years stipulated by the contract. But when the rights renew they do so for the whole package of characters. They don't have to say, "Oh, we need to have character X put in a cameo appearance or else we'll lose the rights to that particular character." Fox still controls the film rights to Mole Man, for example, as part of the Fantastic Four rights even though they haven't put him on screen yet. The same goes for any number of Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Daredevil characters.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

There was some interview a while back that revealed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could appear in both X-men and Avengers films. But I'd imagine Marvel couldn't call them mutants or mention the fact that Magneto is their father if they ever put them in an Avengers movie.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that was what i read.

Fury: hey, these are our new public team members, Pietro and Wanda. They've been doing some black ops work for us. Pietro's able to run super fast and Wanda's able to manipulate probabilities.

Stark: Wow, how'd you get those powers?

Wanda: We were just born that way.

not:

Fury: hey, these are our new public team members, Pietro and Wanda. They've been doing some black ops work for us. Pietro's able to run super fast and Wanda's able to manipulate probabilities. Their dad's that guy Magneto who's been running around screaming about mutant rights.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Meanwhile...

Audience: COOOOOOOOOL! When is Wolverine showing up?!

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I want a Mole Man movie so bad. A Mole Man card came with my Grateful Dead album.

7. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Adamantium was first introduced with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-carrier. It predates Wolverine.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The Kingpin first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man, but he still belongs to Fox as part of their Daredevil rights.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Licensing poster

Banner. Armor is possibly the mark 8/extermis armor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hum, it's certainly not the Mark VI... So it's probably the Mark VIII or whatever he starts off with at the beginning of the film. If Extremis is game-changing or has a different look, I'd imagine they would keep that as secret as they can for as long as they can.

Mark

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

One of my favorite things about these Iron Man movies is the relationship between Tony and Pepper. Creating a love triangle just seems like a cheap way to create unnecessary drama.

13. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What else, then? The Tony and Pepper Wedding Extravagganza?

It's a trope for sure, but the usual follow-up to a show involving two people getting together is to test that relationship. In general no one falters and they both become stronger at the end of it; other times one person does, and Pepper ends up with the loveable boxing partner / limo driver / suitcase legman. Either way, wouldn't mind seeing it.

Mark

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't see why their relationship needs any kind of drama at all, honestly. These movies aren't about Tony and Pepper getting together; they're about Iron Man fighting bad guys.

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The article mentions it may be a love 'rectangle'. If that's the case, I could totally see it in a way which has Tony and Pepper playfully teasing each other

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Or it could mean that Pepper and Happy are hooking up. It happened in the comics.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I know it happened it the comics, but it's not believable in these movies. There has been ZERO built up to Happy having the hots for Pepper in the two movies. It has always been Tony and Pepper with the exception of Tony in the fling with the reporter, but that was before they started their relationship.

Also why the hell Pepper pick Happy when she already has Tony? That's too unbelievable.

18. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know it happened it the comics, but it's not believable in these movies. There has been ZERO built up to Happy having the hots for Pepper in the two movies. It has always been Tony and Pepper with the exception of Tony in the fling with the reporter, but that was before they started their relationship.

Also why the hell Pepper pick Happy when she already has Tony? That's too unbelievable.[/QUOTE]Not to mention when he spent the night with the reporter, it was already plenty obvious that Tony and Pepper had the chemistry started. And then there was the "Take out the trash" comment. ;)

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The third point in the triangle is Rhodey.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I NEVER said that! Don't MISQUOTE me! :p