What would have improved Voyager?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by arwag, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Compare Seska an engineer who had been working around transporters and replicators all her life, given a few months head start to furrow away all the convenient technology she needed to be the messiah to the kazon pulling them up by their boot straps to a completely different weight class, but she "doesn't" and then now and then makes a grab at Voyager when dala was able acquire everything in 2 seconds using a core dump on her tricorder while the hedgehogs back was turned... TO Scorpius cutting Crichton's scull cap off, removing half his brain to get at a spidercancerlike robot drone that had been threading around in there acting as the home for a "Head Scorpius" who'd been tormenting John for 2 years in a battle of wit and distraction to yield the secret of wormhole weapons... And then like an Oded back ally hooker, John's left there to die while the credits roll for the end of season.

Even with muppets, Farscape was plenty dark.

2. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The replicators solved their food/water needs, the ship had enough room for everyone, and they took the power they needed from stars they passed by.

Sure, we didn't see each and every moment but it's reasonable that's how it went. They weren't as ill-prepared as the Colonials were.

3. Guy Gardener

Untrue. The Galactica was super prepared.

Having to look after the civilian fleet ruined their estimates about what they needed?

Voyager wouldn't have lasted a week with another 47 thousand people acting out as dependents, however there were a couple episodes where Voyager had run down on a single vital element like in "Resistance".

Clinton was President, it was a happier time to be an American in America.

4. Anubis

Anubis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:rommie: That may best illustrate their differences, honestly.

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree.

6. Guy Gardener

Who is more caustic and depressing, Voyager's Doctor or Gregory House? Who was instantly redeemed and mellowed out becoming beloved by all those around him after a 1/4 season, and who is a bigger jerk after 4 years?

It's morally bankrupt to instantly redeem characters for no reason practically between scenes and between episodes.

Voyager would have been better if the Doctor had gotten worse after parallax instead of sublimenting itself into a non event.

7. JanineSal

JanineSal Captain Captain

What would have improved VOYAGER?

You might as well ask the same question about all of the TREK shows. And if this question is being asked ONLY in regard to VOYAGER, then this thread is irrevelant.

8. Odon

Odon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh for God's sake Kenobi those suggestions were completely ridiculous...mmmph...argh...NO!...must not suggest...Seven...rubbing decon gel...on Janeway's butt...after spanking!

9. Malcom

Malcom Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll give it a try:

NO HOLODECKS.

There, that felt better.

I would like to have seen Janeway have to explain some of the major events of the journey to a board of review at Starfleet. In the military, whenever something out of the ordinary takes place, there's a board of review.

I'd periodically like to see a Starfleet vs. Maquis soccer game with the two coaches - Chakotay and Janeway cheating to secure a win.

I would like to have seen Janeway denied service in the Captain's lounge because of a tab that went unpaid for seven years.

I would also liked to have seen her have to use a good chunk of her back pay to bail the crew out of jail after they hit San Francisco for the first time in seven years. Kind of like "Night Court" only everything's a bit cleaner.

10. Guy Gardener

Humans don't have money. They have a philosophy.

11. Cyclopean

Cyclopean Lieutenant Red Shirt

I like some of the holodeck episodes, particularly Worst Case Scenario and Fair Haven (I know I'm in the minority on the latter.) These two were good because we actually got to see a more 'human' side of the crew, particularly with Janeway dealing with her reprogrammable boyfriend.

'Bride of Chaotica' is also fun.

Anyway, the problem with the holodeck is how the writers write about it, not the holodeck itself.

12. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I agree on that.

I mean, nuBSG does "Holodeck" stuff all the time, but it's acceptable there because they make it interesting.

All those "head flashes" and "illusions"? BSG's holodecks.

13. Guy Gardener

Some one going insane, OR being comptrolled by a malevolent enemy is hardly the same as recreational device that tries to kill you every other week.

Seriously, how many near death experience can these people have in there before they just board up the holodeck and pretend it's a beet cellar?

The closest approximation to the holodeck on NuBSG is alcohol.

14. Ezri

Ezri Captain Captain

More CATFIGHTS ... I am not joking

15. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they could have kept the reset button to maybe once a season it would have done amazing stuff

16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Something that causes the participant to be in some false reality or imagined vision = Holodeck pretty much.

Thos bits of Adama having visions of his wife are basically no-tech holodeck stuff, and since we're still not sure what Head Six are, she's pretty much Baltar's private holodeck thing too.

17. Ezri

Ezri Captain Captain

You really think they used the reset button that much :rolleyes:

18. misskim86

19. Ezri

Ezri Captain Captain

Understood it was used to replace Kes with Seven.

It was used in Year in Hell

It was used in very minor episodes but would say all the time naaaaaaaaa

20. misskim86

No it wasn't all the time but very often and I'm just in season 4 so far.

One recurring thing is that the ship gets beaten up a lot then in the next episode it's all shiny again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.