Big Brother

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Keith1701, Jun 3, 2013.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Wow. They said that? I suppose anyone dumb enough to be racist enough to say the N word would also be dumb enough not to think about the fact they're on national TV.

Ever notice it's children of rich people who either haven't worked in their lives or got their job through nepotism who complain the most about welfare? Like Colton: "My parents paid for an expensive education then gave me a job in their company. And I DON'T BELIEVE IN HANDOUTS!"

How's Howard on the feeds? He's so likable on the show, it'd be awesome if he was also likable in reality.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I love that Aaryn and GinaMarie have been let go from their respective jobs, the only downside is that they won't know until they leave the house.

I think we have found this year's male douchebag in Jeremy. I can't believe that CBS aired his "I'm going to build my teepee and throw spears at buffalo" line. We've already pissed off Homosexuals, African Americans and Asians, why not Natives as well?

I really hope that Amanda is legitimately into McCrae because as a man who spent a lot of his late teens\early twenties as an outcast, when a girl that looks like starts hitting on you, you don't say know. If she jumps into another bed this week, I'll lose all respect for her.

And finally to our evictee David. Did he even know where he was? Aaryn is at least entertaining as a villain. I have a hard time believing David can tie his own shows without help.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Howard is a nice guy, he's mostly just very boring to watch as he is quiet and just hangs out.

As expected, after the vote last night everyone is scrambling to try and figure out who voted for who. For those wondering why Jeremy voted for Elissa and who want the more detailed version of what went down this past week.....

There was a big group who agreed to vote out David, including Amanda, Spencer, Howard, Judd, Helen, and Andy. McCrae and Elissa were in on it although they couldn't vote. At the same time, the MC (Moving Company) is still together, but both Nick and Jeremy are pretending to be on the other side of the house (Aaryn, Kaitlin, Jessie, David, GinaMarie) so that no one knows the guys are working together.

Whenever anyone (mostly Helen) asked about bringing Candice in on voting out David, Spencer would say something like "oh definitely, I will tell her all about the plan on eviction day. Just don't tell her anything, it needs to come from me." The MC's plan was for Jeremy to vote out Elissa so his cover wouldn't be blown, for Nick to vote out David, and for Candice to vote out Elissa as a cover for Nick. So that Nick could go on claiming he voted out Elissa too when it was actually Candice (Aaryn, Kaitlin don't like Candice and wouldn't be likely to believe her). Spencer told Candice yesterday to vote out Elissa.

The problem for the MC is that Helen and Candice trust each other and Helen told Candice what the real plan was. So last night they had a conversation about how Spencer must be lying, and that one of the only logical reasons would be because the guys are working together. They were on the verge of figuring out all members of the MC. They pegged Spencer, Nick, Jeremy, and possibly Howard as working together. They don't understand how McCrae and Amanda fit in to everything.

So anyway that's the long version! What's sad is I could probably go even more detailed than that. :lol:

Jeremy and Aaryn won the HOH competition and Jeremy let Aaryn have it. Typical in BB, the person no one wants to win always does. She'll probably nominate Elissa and Helen. But of course MVP could change everything.

4. JirinPanthosa

Ha, Aaryn and Ginamarie lost their jobs for racist comments inside the house? That's awesome.

Jeremy completely lost my respect with the way he treated Elissa. He basically 'negged' her, which leads me to believe he picks up women in real life by negging them.

I found myself trying not to judge the Twilight guy too harshly because he looks like Jeremy. That's how awful Jeremy is. He makes me feel sympathy for the guy who plays the werewolf in Twilight.

I don't mind Amanda, but in the diary room she's so robotic she makes Julie Chen look human.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  5. JirinPanthosa

Wow.

Aaryn was obviously going to pick Elissa as a have-not, but who else does she pick? The Asian-American, the African-American, and the homosexual.

Let's hope she doesn't get to choose who gets the dog costume. Or else, calling it now: Candice!

She needs to go back to the Klan rally.

6. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

I'm impressed they showed so many of those comments that caused last week's controversy. CBS had already stated that they don't like to show such things, but they must have seen some benefit in it. Of course it seem to focus entirely on Aaryn and didn't mention any of the others involved in similar comments. With Ginamarie fired from her job and now Spencer getting some blow back from his outside world employer it's interesting that they focused on Aaryn.

7. Danny99

The sad thing about all of this is that there is still a segment of the population that agrees with her comments or will give her a pass with free speech or whatever.

Aaryn and the rest of them will land on their feet somewhere because of this.

8. JirinPanthosa

Freedom of speech means means freedom from legal prosecution, it does not mean freedom from criticism.

Just as she is free to say that non white-heterosexuals are awful, I am free to say she is awful for saying that, and her employers are free not to employ her for saying it. (And you know they would have never fired her if she said it in private instead of on national TV).

I didn't see yesterday's episode, what were Elissa and Aaryn's thought processes when they decided to put up Jeremy and Nick. I kind of get Jeremy because he treats Elissa like crap and she might think he would be targeted as a physical threat. But what made Aaryn target Nick?

9. JirinPanthosa

Oops, sorry about the spoilers. For some reason I thought the show was Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday, so when I didn't watch it Tuesday I looked up the results on Wikipedia thinking it had already aired.

10. Spot's Meow

You've probably seen the episode by now, but it showed pretty accurately why Elissa put up Nick. He was way too wishy washy in her talks with him.

Tonight's episode was awesome! SO much gaming went down in the last 24 hours that they weren't able to edit into tonight's episode in time, so I'm interested to see how they go back and explain it all on Sunday's episode.

11. Danny99

**FEEDS SPOILERS BELOW**

So it seems Jeremy will be the next person out the door Thursday. I have been waiting for this moment ever since his "Heading out to chuck spears at buffalo's" comments.

Aaryn seems to have no concept that was she said is wrong, which is just sad. And what's worse is that someone will give her a talk show or a book deal because she has a "different point of view."

12. Danny99

Just catching the Sunday episode on Demand and god, GinaMarie does understand she had no relationship with Nick right?

Aaryn and Kaitlin: I don't think this is editing at work; I think they are just that horrible of human beings.

13. JirinPanthosa

At this point I think this would be a great season if only Jeremy/Aaryn/Ginamarie/Kaitlin were out of the picture.

Everybody else in the house except Judd is SO game-minded, much more than anybody else in any non-allstar season, and also likable.

Although I'm starting to root for Elissa to leave just because I don't think it's fair she gets to hand-pick a nominee every week.

Is Aaryn a horrible person in real life? I don't know. On one hand she's a sheltered 24 year old who by the looks of it has never had the opportunity to develop character. I totally believe that five or ten years down the line she could be totally turned around, and I almost chalk her racism up to stupidity, ignorance and shelteredness. Her refusal to apologize to me is an act of defensiveness. She's a bad person now but at her age I definitely see an opportunity to improve.

14. Danny99

I feel the same about Elissa. If MVP was supposed to be their big reveal, why did they include her on this season? We all know the Brenchel fantatics are out there voting non-stop, so why even bother voting?

15. Danny99

I'm sick and tired of Helen and anyone who comes up with a back door plan lording it over us like it's the smartest thing ever.

Nakomis came up with it and everyone since then has just been copying the same move. I was so glad to see Helen's reign of HOH end cause every one of her Diary Room's was about how awesome she was for coming up with the plan to back door Jeremy.

I'm glad BB finally figured out that MVP is basically "Elissa's nomination" each week. However, having America have the vote is basically admitting they have no rule to remove Aaryn for her comments, so they are letting America put her up if Judd has other plans.

I didn't mind Elissa to start, but the constant MVP and shout outs to Brenchel nation have made me tire of her.

At this point, I'm cheering on McCrae and Amanda or as one of their family members coined it "Mcmanda." She needs to tone down her rhetoric and her attitude, fade into the background for a while. People are going to notice they are together and take shots at them. I still wouldn't mind seeing Spencer or Howard win, but the rest of them seem like driftwood. Candice, Jessie...do we even see them from day to day? Andy manages to show up in every conversation, but he'll never feel any pressure at this rate.

This season is just getting poorer and poorer. They are getting rid of personalities and people who will make moves, Nick being the major example of this. At this rate, we will have the self righteous Helen and Elissa at the end, but I will have stopped watching by then.

16. JirinPanthosa

I like Helen. She's the nicest person in the house *and* she admits she's trying to play the game. So she brags in the diary room. She's also got a physical compulsion to be sympathetic to everyone.

Ha, I didn't watch Thursday's episode, they changed the MVP to just let America vote? I suppose that's not quite as bad as giving the same person power every week.

As far as seasons go I rank this in the middle. Not as good as seasons 2, 3, 7, or the Dan seasons, but not nearly as bad as seasons 4-6, the writers strike winter season, the Dick season, the clique or the Brigade season. In those seasons I had like two or three people to root for total, in this season I have Howard, Spencer, Helen, Candice, Andy, McCrae and Amanda. I would have liked Nick to stay longer but I'm extremely glad Jeremy is out.

17. Spot's Meow

So glad Jeremy is gone, and that Judd is HOH. Judd has by far become my favorite houseguest. He is a fan of the show, a genuinely caring and nice person, very funny, and does think strategically about game, thought it isn't always blatantly obvious because he keeps those thoughts mostly to himself, and doesn't have a showmance to share them with (though he and Jessie have been getting closer). I hope they'll start showing better diary room sessions of his now that he is HOH.

I like McCrae and Amanda, but Amanda is starting to play too hard. I think the paranoia is getting to her. She is starting to rub some people the wrong way. Helen was incredibly annoying as HOH, but now that that's over she seems to have gone back to normal. I like Jessie and Candice, but they are pretty quiet and out of the picture at the moment.

Spencer and Howard...well, Howard is fine, but I can't stand Spencer. He is one creepy dude. Some of the sexual comments he makes give me a weird feeling. And I think it was Candice who once said that every time she talks to him, she feels that he's not being genuine. And not just about game, I think that's the way he is in real life too. He just seems like he's hiding something or trying to manipulate you into something, even if he's not. Who knows how far Spencer and Howard will go, they are off in their little bromance for now so I often forget about them.

Yesterday the 3rd nominee was revealed and POV was played....

On Friday Judd nominated Aaryn and Kaitlin. On Saturday they discovered that the third nominee is...Elissa! Everyone is confused and trying to figure out who MVP is (they don't know it was America). I'm surprised by this, but I guess most everyone voted for Aaryn and she was already nominated, so the next populous group was anti-Brenchel fans. Who knows? Anyway, Elissa won POV. I'm not sure how the new nominee will be decided!

18. Danny99

Gina Marie looked gross after that have not competition; her stomach looked like it was moving.

I originally didn't like Andy because I felt he was cast to fit the flamboyant gay stereotype formerly inhabited by men such as Bunky, Marcellas, and last year, Wil. But he makes a hell of a lot of sense when it comes to Amanda. She needs to lay off because the target on her back will become bigger and bigger. She's right to go after Howard, but do it subtly and don't broadcast it for the world to hear.

MVP SPOILERS (Still don't know how to do code)
    I'm pretty sure the Brenchel army forgot that this was to vote someone out!

19. Danny99

Aaryn's new name should be the Big Brother cockroach; they can't seem to lower the boom and get rid of her. She's HOH again too. It'll be an awesome week to see some of these majority people I don't like (Helen, Elissa, Andy, Candice) squirm.

I didn't like Elissa to start with, but now I will not sleep until she is evicted. Her whole reaction to Amanda's dance for McCrae on his birthday and her Aaryn/Kaitlin pot stirring against the wishes of her own freaking alliance were just ridiculous. Hopefully Aaryn throws her on the block without a second though. It's the perfect week to get rid of her with her unable to play POV.

20. JirinPanthosa

I didn't see the episode, how the FRAK is Klu Klux Kathy, Aaryn the Aryan still in this house?!

At least she'll probably target Elissa and not the people we actually want to stay in.