Bioshock Infinite.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Infern0, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you really want you can keep your account offline, then just make a separate free online account that you log in to when you want to download a patch, then you would just login and load up the game and you will get a prompt for the updates. You'll surely get a prompt to update the dashboard as well, so I guess that's another concern, not sure how old your Xbox is but the interface has gone through a few stages of evolution though IMO not necessarily all for the better.

Then again if you're not online with it the interface doesn't really matter much beyond loading up a game. Getting the updates is a good idea, lots of games these days have 'day one' patches, which is pretty much admitting that they know they are shipping broken games.

Oh, one important consideration, do you have an Xbox model with a hard drive? Or maybe 4GB flash? I think some of the very early models were available with no internal storage. You'll need some space to download patches.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I figured out my save issue.

My XBox never knows what date/time it is, it resets every time you turn it on. So it was playing the most recent date/time that it knew about as the auto play. But that would mean the longest period of time that I played in one sitting. So if I played two hours yesterday, but three hours the previous day, it would play from the end of the previous day and not yesterday.

Now that I know this, I can scroll through the "level" saves to find the name of the location I'm on. Problem solved!

Wow, I'm on Chapter 19 of 39 and I still haven't seen the Songbird aside from one brief cameo when I found Elizabeth! I expected him to be more integral to the story that way Big Daddies and Big Sisters were :wtf:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finished the game. I really loved it and I'd say it was better than the original. I really loved using the skylines in combat, that was a great innovention. I just played the whole game with Devil's Kiss and the Carbine, but I was playing on easy.

That was a heck of an ending. I had guessed that I was an alternate universe version of Comstock, but not that Elizabeth was my daughter. Or that I gave her up. Or that her pinky was missing because it got chopped off by a closing tear.

I think I missed some voxophones because the wikipedia page says she can create tears because her pinky exists in the other world, so she exists in two worlds at once.

Also, I did not see a post-credits scene where I wake up in my apartment. Is that because I skipped the credits?

I'm slightly peeved at the Inception ending where it cuts to black right before we see if the original Elizabeth disappears or not.

But my biggest complaint? WHAT THE HELL WAS SONGBIRD?! They gave ZERO explanation of him! Is he just a big computer? I had assumed something was alive in it this whole time. That it was an alternate universe version of me or something.

EDIT: Ok, so I just read transcripts of all the voxophones and it does explain Songbird. Apparently they looked through a tear into Rapture and saw the Big Daddy plans and created their own version of it. But is there a human inside it then?

The voxophones raise another question. If Booker is from another world, why does Colonel Slate in this world speak about fighting with him at Wounded Knee? Because that would have been Comstock, not Booker.

Unfortunately I was spoiled on the fact that Rapture was going to appear at the end of the game. I'm glad it wasn't vital to the plot. I know there's DLC that takes place in Rapture, where does that fit into the story?

Boy, reading that article upthread about the ending gave me lots of new things to think about. That was a great story. This would make for an amazing movie, as would the original Bioshock. This is absolutely a better story than the original, though.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Carbine was my favourite as well, but you're definitely forced to use more variety of weapons on harder difficulties. I did like the Skylines as well.

I'd actually guessed that Elizabeth was Booker's daughter after the undercover agent called her Annabelle soon after Booker was calling out Anna's name, and then later when Booker talked about his wife dying in childbirth, but then said simply saying 'No' to being a parent. I couldn't figure out how or why Elizabeth would have ended up in the tower though, so I just went along with the story until the very end. How did you figure out Comstock was an alternate Booker?

Yeah, there's a voxophone when you first find Elizabeth where Rosalind Lutece talks about the 'Universe not liking it's peas mixed with it's porridge'.

Yep, skipping the credits would be why you missed it. Although its a tiny bit ambiguous as well. :p

It would have been both actually. Booker only becomes Comstock in some universes after he goes to Wounded Knee. So Slate complaining about Comstock not being at Wounded Knee is kinda funny in hindsight.

The DLC starts just before the Rapture Civil War. As to how it fits in with Infinite... well, it's set in 1958 so it comes after, right? ;)

Yeah, this was a great game. Not quite my favourite of this year now, I think The Last of Us does some things better, but it was damn fun to play.

5. Yoda

Funny you should mention The Last of Us, I'm working on that one right now. This, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Far Cry 3, why do these games all of a sudden have very similar weapon and skill upgrade systems? That shit has spread like Halo health regen! At least I know that came from Halo, but where did this RPG-lite stuff come from?

6. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mass Effect 2.

7. Yoda

That can't be it... surely nobody played ME2 and thought to themselves "OMG this planet scanning 'mini-game' and upgrade system is so much fun!" I didn't really find the ME2 upgrades to be that critical either... but playing The Last of Us, I'm not sure there's any point in even trying to shoot something if you don't have the first anti-sway upgrade.

Maybe it is Mass Effect's fault and I'm just being thrown off by some of the trappings of these current-level technology hiding from and/or killing human psychos then crouch in a corner to upgrade your bow and hope nobody gets raped games.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

<<How did you figure out Comstock was an alternate Booker?>>
    There were too many parallels (get it?) being drawn between them. I think Comstock even says towards the middle of the game that they're reflections of each other or something like that. I was thinking that Comstock was the older/future version of Booker, but it never occurred to me that he had a deeper connection to Elizabeth, which is obvious in retrospect!

<<It would have been both actually. Booker only becomes Comstock in some universes after he goes to Wounded Knee. So Slate complaining about Comstock not being at Wounded Knee is kinda funny in hindsight.>>
    Oooooooooooh! So Slate remembers Booker being there but not Comstock because at that point they were both Booker! That makes sense now.

Here's another thing I got confused about. The storyline with Daisy and the Vox Populai. They go into an alt-world where Booker died fighting for the Vox to get guns for the main-world Vox. But then Daisy decides to kill him because he works better as a martyr? That was main-world Daisy right? I started getting confused as to which world was which at that point... :p

I don't usually replay games but I'm seriously tempted to play this game again, knowing the ending. Also I wouldn't have to run around looking for voxophones I could just focus on the shooting, and finish the game in a third of the time lol