Worst Star trek actor ever

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Overlord, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ditto.

Actually, I thought she was cute as a button, and, to be honest, she was the only reason I could bring myself to watch the show. I think I've seen *maybe* six or seven post-Kes episodes.

2. Rom's Sehlat

Rom's Sehlat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Cute as a button"? I thought her hairdo was very bizarre: not just on her, but for everyone who wears that hairdo. It's a good thing my opinions don't mean anything for people!

I did find the character of Kes a bit ironic. It seems you can't have a good Trek series without its token telepath who can detect things the others (and the computer) can't.

3. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Yeah. She was cuter when she was a bad guy(literally). It sounds weird, but the cute innocent crap wasn't what I saw in one of her movies later after I watched Voyager.

4. Trilliam

Trilliam Captain Captain

I loved Eric Bana's delivery of that scene.

5. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How about the woman who played Tincoo in VOY: "Virtuoso?" She made Beltran look like DeNiro.

6. Corat Damar

Corat Damar Cadet Newbie

The kids from the tng show "Disaster".

7. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Majel Barrett. The Barbara Bosson/Sage Stallone/Sheila Matthews of STAR TREK. We are now orbiting the planet of Nepotismo.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Mistress Biata from "Angel One" anyone? Her buddy that defected with Ramsey was pretty awful as well. Come to think of it Ramsey was pretty bad too.

9. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

George Takei. Atrocious actor who reacts to anything by looking confused or giving a shit eating grin.

Nasty person and shameless media whore too. Has milked almost 50 year old quarrels on set and his own sexuality endlessly for tabloid exposure. Feels like he should be constantly in the public eye because he had a minor role in a 60s action show. Obsessively jealous that far more talented actors get more recognition than he should be getting for saying "Aye sir!" every 3 episodes.

His comeuppance thankfully eventually came. After bitching about Shatner's acting for years he made an embarrassing tit out of himself in his Voyager episode with a performance that wouldn't be passable in a school Christmas play. Wonderful. Loathsome human being. The Paris Hilton of Star Trek. He'd do anything to become a bit more famous.

Runner up is Eric Bana as Nero but at least he has given great performances elsewhere.

10. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

takei isn't a good actor, but to describe him as a 'loathsome human being' just makes you sound mental. and if he's always a bad actor, how is that one voyager episode a comeuppance? more like being consistant.

11. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I may be mental but at least I've got a Shift key, yo.

12. Dover

Dover Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Takei may be a media whore, but at least he's whoring himself out for a good cause.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. Destroy a Klingon fleet, destroy a Federation fleet and then answer a hail like you're introducing yourself at an AA meeting. I LOL'd.

14. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

I've seen that line criticized before, and I don't think some get that it's supposed to be intentionally casual. Nero's sending the message "I'm a confident badass, I don't need to growl menacingly."

15. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

From main cast it would have to be Tim Russ or Kate Mulgrew for me. If I had to choose I'd say Mulgrew.

16. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i also have a shift key, but i'm under no obligation to use it and it has no relevence to your calling takei 'loathsome'

i think the worst actor was beltran, wang or whoever played tasha yar (can't remember and wikipedia wont load right now)

17. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

The Eric Bana ''Hello, Christopher'' moment struck me as an Abrams touch, something a 2009 villain might say that year. Half-cute, half-realistic. But why do I always remember it as ''Hi, Chris''? So my reaction was similar to Liam Neeson saying ''Hi'' in THE PHANTOM MENACE. Other than the possible exception of Luke, did anybody in the entire trilogy ever say ''Hi?'' Or ''yippee?''

18. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Majel Barrett was rubbish.

19. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

I loved the "Hi Christopher, I'm Nero" line. Got a small laugh in the cinema. It's a counterpoint to Pike's seriousness and formality. Pike's concerned and scared, but for Nero it's just Tuesday, kind of thing.

Worst actor in TOS is the Shat. I enjoy his badness but it's still bad.

Worst guest actor I can think of offhand is whoever played Gary Mitchell. YOUFOOLSsoonI'llcrushyoulikeinsects!!!!

TNG is a tie between Frakes and Sirtis. I can enjoy the charms of Frakting but he has several stock mannerisms that he just turns to over and over and over. Watch how he cocks his head back and slightly narrows one eye, that's Ironic Mode: Activated. And he'll grin and jerk his head slightly when he's being That Roguish Riker. Once you spot them, you can more or less call them in advance just before he does them. Sirtis is just not plausible at all. Part of it may have been the made-up accent they lumbered her with, but that can't explain all of it. She never comes across as someone with any kind of qualification or even experience in HR, psychology or any field like that.

Worst guest star on TNG - guy who played Bruce Maddox. He's the only turd in the punchbowl that is Measure of a Man.

DS9's worst regular's probably Nicole de Boer. I don't blame her as it was never going to work, if they were going to kill Dax they should've just killed Dax and had done with it.

Worst guest is Jennifer Sisko. Just a really weak actress overall.

Too long since I watched ENT and I was never really into Voyager, so that's my lot.

20. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

I agree with yousirname, about Frakes. My buddy pointed out how he's so wooden and stiff and always cocks his head and walks crooked. Now I can't ever see him NOT looking that way. :)

I remember being absolutely shocked when I saw Sirtis name in the credits of Granda's The Return of Sherlock Holmes episode The Six Napoleans (the series where Jeremy Brett was Holmes). She played Lucrezia, the Mafia Boss' daughter that was dating Beppo, the man that was breaking the statues. I was shocked not only at the difference in her looks but also her acting abilities (even though her part was small in that episode).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.