Edge of Tomorrow trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The first trailer for Edge of Tomorrow (formerly called All You Need Is Kill) can be seen here.

2. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Emily Blunt is so hot in a armored suit

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Ignoring my aversion to Tom Cruise, this looks pretty interesting.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks good!

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish they stuck with the original title. Anyway, the trailer looks surprisingly good. I forgot Doug Liman directed this. The song in the trailer is pretty catchy, too.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks pretty cool. The last couple days have been very good on the trailer front!

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Me too.
    They have, and the trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will be released next week.

8. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

When I saw the poster on Apple's Trailer page, I thought the title would be "Live, Die, Repeat", which would have been much better than its current title.
    The only thing that bugs me is the pairing of a 50 year old Tom Cruise and a 30 year old Emily Blunt. Why not go with less age discrepancy, like having a 40 something year old female lead?
    Nothing against Emily Blunt, I only watched the prada devil film for her. Twice.
    Really? I am excited. I was wondering when that comes out, as I accidentally saw a Godzilla trailer today, totally unaware, that there was a new movie about it, though I am not really a fan of those Godzilla flicks anyway.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Groundhog Day meets Halo?

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I was thinking Independence Hog Day.

Or a not-Tom-Cruise male lead. :rommie:

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I knew they'd have to change the original title, but I like the trailer. I still contend Cruise is making the most consistently good SF movies of any of the big stars out there...and I was never a huge fan of his.

RAMA

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ya know, Tom cruise pretty much turns my stomach on a personal basis, but, I enjoy a lot of his movies, and never really had a problem with him acting-wise (Surprising to me actually, since I have so little respect for him outside of acting)

But yea, 30 year old Emily Blunt paired with him is stretching things (Though Katie Holmes is only going to be 35 on December 18)

13. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

Are you mad? He brings in enough money to get more Sci-Fi produced, as seen in his past endeavours into Sci-Fi, while Emily Blunt is just a fantastic actress.

14. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't disagree. I loved Minority Report, War of the Worlds, and Oblivion. I hope this one is good too.

15. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Tom Cruise could play anyone else besides TOM CRUISE, I'd have more respect for him as an actor. That said, he plays TOM CRUISE exceedingly well, and his SF movies are overall very watchable.

And while he can't visually pull it off anymore, I'm sure he still believes he's 25. You know, like Maverick still is.

Mark

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Tom Cruise was pretty good as Ron Kovic in Born on the Fourth of July, but for the most part he has stuck to to pretty comfortable roles. He's always been more of a movie star than an actor, really, although he's occasionally stretched himself.

17. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

A lot of big movie stars have mostly played variations of the same respective screen persona. As Harvey says, Cruise has occasionally stretched himself. Born on the Fourth of July, Interview with the Vampire, and Tropic Thunder are examples of that.

18. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

^ Don't forget about Magnolia and Collateral! He was pretty great playing villainous characters in those two movies.

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

^^^
    True. His role in Magnolia was quite subversive in that it was his usual screen persona given a dark twist and amped up to the max.

20. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Okay, looks interesting. I'm on board for that.