Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

In Soviet Russia, cats own y...wait, that's not right, that's the way it is here. :lol:

Random_Spock likes this.
  2. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Mine was just sniffing at the artichoke I was eating and the avocado in my salad tonight.

Tora Ziyal likes this.
  3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Our female cat was going after the stems on a bowl of Strawberries last night.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

How do you know it's time to put your cat on a diet? When it looks like there's a beached whale on your carpet.
    [​IMG]

pigletsgiblets and Unicron like this.
  5. Savage Dragon

Just more belly to rub!

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, but how much of that "whale" is really just hair?

7. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Great picture. :lol:

8. auntiehill

Fair point. I'd say a good 2 inches, all the way around.
    Junior is very photogenic, even in his "less flattering" poses. :hugegrin:

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

1800petmeds sends a dog treat with every order, despite the fact I have 2 cats in my profile with them. They aren't very smart apparently.

At least my girl recognizes it as food.

Savage Dragon and auntiehill like this.
  10. auntiehill

^:hugegrin:
    It's a Popsicle for kitties.

11. Savage Dragon

Pretty kitty. Nice background music too!

12. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Yep. Mine chews rawhide sticks made for small dogs.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. auntiehill

Oh my GAWD..............*dies from the cuteness.*

They have such gorgeous eyes!

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

[​IMG]

No offense to anyone named Catherine. :whistle::angel:

16. auntiehill

Junior is supervising my work today.
    [​IMG]

17. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

So, about a year-and-a-half ago there was this cat I could barely see because it hide in the low light of a building entrance where I work. I gave it scraps where possible, then one day the cat up and disappeared.

About a month ago suddenly in the same spot the cat has returned. But then I found the bad part: it was so hungry it was ripping open trash bags to eat rotten food.

I don't make a lot money, but when I saw that, I started cutting what little back I could so I could get it cat food once a day three days a week. No more cereal any month, one less half gallon of milk a month, one less piece of chicken each, no unecessary snacks and I was able to swing it with some to spare.

This time kitty, kind of old and rough looking, was more trusting. He or she (I'll just call it a female to make typng easier) will follow me around some, knows when I'm working, knows the sound of my car, waits patiently even when I make loud noises that would scare away other cats. Kitty is trusting me slowly now. Then another problem occured...

Another cat, white and young, maybe only a year old. Obviously homeless, but obviously friendly and showing immediate signs it wants to trust me and be friends. Now, she's female for sure. She'll follow me around, watch me intently, kind of curl up nearby me and get excited with a bouncy step and pointed up tail when I'm near. So I gave up a second can for her, too. Then another problem occured...

My next work day I find somebody at the work place is feeding one of them and somebody else at another building is, too, which is good, takes the burden off me. But then I see this tiny little thing: a little white ball of feline fluffness, probably not even six months old, running and cowering around the building. Yup, sure enough the white shadow that follows me around has a belly with raw tits that are obviously being milked, so that's her kitten and where there's one, there's more, so now I have to be prepared to leave a second can since that kitten isn't old enough to eat hard food, I think.

Are two young cats enough to be considered an Itty Bitty Kitty Committee? ;-)

18. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not doubting your financial issues, but I am genuinely curious how much cat food costs where you live?
    Three cans of cat food would cost $3 US over here. It certainly can add up though over time.

In respect of any kittens. Due to what they need and how their bodies work, you should (a) not try to feed them if they are still young and reliant on mum, just feed mum instead, or (b) if you do feed them ensure they get cat food labelled for kittens as they need much more protein/minerals than a regular cat, and (c) if you are going to offer hard kitten biscuit food, then make it soft with a small amount of water as they can be tough on teeth and tummies when young.

19. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Over here I get a brand sold at Wal-Mart, which coems in a four pack for about $1.50 with tax. I tried cheap-O cat food from Dollar General and cats just turn their noses at it. Pretty finicky for an animal that likes his butthole clean. Apparently Dollar General cat food tastes worst. :D

I have a very part-time job. I sometimes have more, but between car repair and the I.R.S. saying I woed them more, it went bye-bye, so I have to cut.

Right now I'm just feeding the mother and the other annonymous cat, I won't dare to feed the kittens. In fact, I just stopped by there because I was passing by, and wanted to make sure the mother got an extra meal this week. She suddenly went ape shit and flew at a brick wall. Then when she came to me I saw she had a big bug in her mouth. I got to pet her a little. I also spotted what I think is a second kitten, 'cause I knew where there's one there's probably more.

When I get her trust, I'm gonna scoop her up and borrow a friend's bottle of flea shampoo and she'll be getting a bath.

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Even if you can't keep them yourself, is there a no-kill shelter you could bring them to?