(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Forgive me for bragging, but my club... Heck, My NEIGHBORHOOD is getting a new stadium.

This is how it looks now (and how it's been for the last 50 years or so):

[​IMG]

And this is 2015:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bkTYvm61sbo[/yt]

Pretty sweet, eh?

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Nice :techman:

Thank god for BAD AWFUL REF's because the one at the Madrid match tonight gave a dodgy 96th minute penalty and didn't send off Ramos for what should of been at least 3 yellow cards and it was the match that won me a £59 bet on my accumulator.

I've never been so happy at the inept standard of the refs these days.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Blimey an eventful few days.

Feelings seem pretty mixed about McClaren amongst Derby fans , but much as I thought the way they got rid of Clough was pretty shabby I was pleased with the appointment, and not just down to nostalgia, he is a good coach. Was pretty scared for a while that it’d be Pullis!

Hopefully his halftime team talk, substitutions and tactical changes that turned a 1-4 hammering into a 4-4 draw will have reminded people of why Jim Smith bought him to Derby in the first place. (and he’d had nothing to do with initial team selection/tactics).

Like I say, I think Clough was badly treated, but I have to say some sort of change was needed, we’d become a little stagnant, and if nothing else I’m actually a little excited to be a Rams fan again right now.

Ps. Don’t put the Brian clough trophy anywhere too inaccessible, Jax, we’ll be wanting it back soon :devil:

4. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm watching teh 1st half of PSG-Benfica again. I think I Have tears of joy.

I was very uncertain about Laurent Blanc at first but I must say that he's doing a better job than Carlo for the moment.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Thats more fucking like it ENGLAND :p and nice to see Roy go on the attack for a change because we have the players.

Townsend had a wonderful debut and is a star born? ENG attacking options for future looks bright with Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Walcott, Townsend, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Barkley, Chamberlain, Sterling, Morrison, Lennon...all fighting for 2014 places + all will be around for 2016.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Having the players does really make the difference, though I doubt even if he'd has all those available that Roy would have thrown caution to the wind in Ukraine (and rightly so) but we would have been more of a threat than we were.

Townsend looks very good, but let's see if he can do it consistently in an England shirt.

8. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Poor Fernando Ricksen.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

BT has won exclusive rights to UEFA Champions League and Europa League meaning for the first time ever no European football will be shown on terrestrial TV and UEFA has allowed BT to basically monopolise it all.

:rolleyes:

Why the fuck can't everyone show the games.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Talk about a depressing week for English football, 100% outclassed by Chile and a Germany B Team :eek: