Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aaaand an episode of that 1960 Space series "Men Into Space" I just watched featured William Schallert, but we could have an entire separate thread for William Schallert appearances!

Here's the ep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DovF8nIc8Aw

2. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Just a quick notice that Pretty Maids All in a Row, the 1971 sex comedy Roddenberry produced and wrote, is on TCM tonight at 12:30 am ET.

And it is pretty much a Trek Reunion party, as GR got Jimmy Doohan and Bill Campbell, small parts as detectives under future Kojak, Telly Salvalas. Plus - Bill Theiss got to design costumes for Angie Dickinson, and about 50 of Hollywood's cutest and hottest early 70's nymphs..and you are all setting your DVRs as we speak, right? :techman:

and not let us forget that this was filmed at MGM, where Herb Solow was then in charge of production!

3. Last Redshirt

Last Redshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can't think of any guest stars, but I know Shatner did some Twilight Zone stuff in the early 60s.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Also Bartell LaRue has an uncredited cameo as a TV newsreader, something IMDb hasn't caught onto yet.

And '70s TV superheroine JoAnna "Isis" Cameron is in it too!

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Specifically, "Nick of Time" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet."

Both written by Richard Matheson, who also wrote "The Enemy Within" for Star Trek . . . .

6. Forbin

It Takes a Thief, season two, "The Thingamabob heist". Al matches wits with Montalban (Khaaaaan!), who is trying to sell a secret rocket fuel to Gene Dynarski (Mudd's Women & Mark of Gideon).

[​IMG]

7. Last Redshirt

Last Redshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, and, not sure if this was mentioned, but Montalban was the grandfather in Spy Kids.

8. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Again, apologies if this has been mentioned already, but after 37+ pages, one tends to not want to go through all of them to find if this is already here! :rommie:

Was watching Adam 12, and in the episode where Officer Ed Wells - played by Gary Crosby - is introduced, his wife is played by our favorite grieving widow, Barbara Baldavin. Happened to tune in near the end, as Wells had been shot, and ALMOST dies, and Reed and Malloy console Mrs Wells outside the ward where Wells is recuperating. Baldavin gets to use the same exact bowing her head bit as Malloy keeps telling that Wells will be ok...(and probably wondering who in heck would marry such a loudmouth egotist). Had to stick around for the credits just to make sure it was her....

By the way, it must have been a difficult thing for the A12 producers to balance portraying Wells as 'comedy relief', while somehow still showing him as a 'good cop' a phrase which which gets mentioned almost every time he shows up!

Also, Wells/Crosby is also involved in what might be one of the biggest instances of 'squick' in 60s/70s TV - an episode shows him to the dutiful uncle of a new girl in Records that Malloy wants to date - played by Tina Sinatra - who ends up dating Wells' current partner played by.....yes, Frankie JUNIOR - her BROTHER......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Forbin

Coming toward the end of my rewatch of "The Invaders". In an episode titled "The Peacemaker" Alfred Ryder (Man Trap) makes another appearance as an alien leader, and James Daley (Requiem for Methusela) is featured as an Air Force general who goes a little crazy when he finds out about the invasion, and borrows a B-52.

10. Forbin

Mannix, season 5: "Lifeline".
    William Marshall, badass drug lord with a bolo!

[​IMG]

11. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Discovered a strange STAR TREK-INVADERS connection today, if it really qualifies as such. On a 1964 episode of the BOB HOPE CHRYSLER THEATRE, William Shatner played an architect named David Vincent!

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Totally off-topic, but that reminds me of the other day when I was listening to an Adventures of Superman radio episode from late 1946, in which there was a crooked real estate agent named... Frank Miller. :lol: No wonder he writes Superman so unflatteringly!!!

13. Forbin

Mannix S5, "To Draw the Lightning".
    Mannix gets hired by LORD Garth.
    And along the way questions Julie "This base sent no message" Parrish (From The Menagerie).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

^Looks kinda Madlyn Rhue in that bottom one.

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Caught some of Gene (Ambassador Fox) Lyons in an episode of The Fugitive last night.

16. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That would be "Man in a Chariot", I'm guesing.

17. Forbin

Watching some first season Get Smart this week.
    In the episode "Now You See Him, Now You Don't", Joseph Ruskin (Gamesters of Triskilion) tries to convince Max he has an invisibility ray to sell.

[​IMG]

In "Washington 4, Indians 3", Anthony Caruso (A Piece of the Action) and Barry Russo (Devil in the Dark, The Ultimate Computer), demand the US Government return all the land it stole from the Italia - er, American Indians.

[​IMG]

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Anthony Caruso played a lot of Indians apparently. There's a Bonanza episode at Internet Archive with him as a chief.

19. Forbin

I think Italian actors were the go-to in the 60s for Indians and Hawaiians.

20. Forbin

Watched another Mannix today and saw Paul Fix as a crotchety old prospector! :lol: