Why didn't the Borg...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Melakon, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

Some of the problems I have with Star Trek Online, if any of you play it, involving the Borg are;

1) When fighting the Borg on a planet, they use phasers, and don't attempt to assimilate you or your crew.

2) When fighting the Borg in space, with two or three other people you can defeat a squadron of 6-7 Borg spheres, a couple probes, and one sphere with relative ease.

3) As on a planet, the Borg don't attempt to assimilate your ship while fighting them in space, they simply try to destroy you.

4) On the "Daily Borg fights", you and several others have to fight off dozens of cubes, at least 60 spheres, and a Borg flagship, which in a tv series, would have taken all the ships Starfleet could possibly spare.... Remember in The Best of Both Worlds, when ONE Borg cube destroyed a fleet of FORTY Federation ships at Wolf 359, with relative ease??

5) All in all, the Borg are just to easy....

2. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Borg use plasma weaponry, and shield neutralizers, on the ground, and they can and do attempt to assimilate you: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Borg#Assimilation

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLO1NdKfPxg[/yt]

Anyway, I always thought Borg drones were armed, but just never wanted to use their weapons on perfectly good raw materials which they could assimilate. I'm pretty sure Seven of Nine has an arm mounted weapon when she and the other drones first beam aboard Voyager, in the scene when Chakotay and the security team enter the cargo bay, she has her arm raised at them with what looks like one of those Borg arm weapons attached to her upper forearm:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDs0dq0LOo[/yt]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  3. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

^ I stand corrected.....

I haven't play that game that much, and have never encountered assimilation.....

4. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Remember, the game takes place 30 years after Nemesis. 30+ years of having Voyager back, with Future Janeway's advances; 30-odd years of having Seven helping research ways to counter the Borg threat (eventually Starfleet does become complacent, after so many years of no Borg); about 35 years after the Dominion war, where it seems Starfleet became much more militarized for quite some time; and after a few years of Klingons being jerks. And remember, Future Janeway dealt a great blow to the Collective, basically making it stop being a collective, for an unknown period of time, as well as destroying a lot of Borg infrastructure. Who knows how long it took to pick up after that.

5. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Go one step further. Saturate the atmosphere with nanoprobes.

6. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

I watched just enough of these episodes to agree with you 100% on this.

7. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

:techman:
    :techman: