Most unusual/favourite packaging

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by lurok, Dec 9, 2012.

1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Seeing teacake's Borg cube Voyager set, I'm curious what other people's prized/unusual packaged possessions are. I suspect there are many here with some really distinctive ones!

Mine are: a Rocky Horror Picture Show vinyl picture disc (which I picked up at a bootsale) and the original PiL Metal Box (a metal tin containing three vinyl discs instead of usual single album)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't go in for special packaging most of the time, but I couldn't help myself when it came to the
    I, Robot Japanese DVD release in a replica of Sonny's head.

3. Aeronef

Aeronef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I recently bought a new wristwatch from an online retailer, and it came in the most unusual box I had ever seen--a white (fake) leather cube.

You can see what this company's boxes look like in this thread.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Normally I hate fancy packaging, especially of DVDs, with a passion. However I did love the package that the boxed set of the (original) Battlestar Galactica DVDs came in. I still have that Cylon head. :)

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also have box sets for ENT and DS9 that were in the same series as the VOY one. At the time it was cheaper to buy the series like this than to buy the individual seasons. I missed out on the TNG one but it was only a metal box, nothing very exciting.

This is the DS9 one, it's made of hard plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Someone gave me a wristwatch several decades ago that was packaged in a jar of water. Apparently the manufacturer wanted to emphasize it being waterproof.

7. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

One year, hubs gave me a pair of earrings that came in a box shaped like a pair of lips. It was odd. Threw out the box, because it kind of freaked me out. *sad panda*

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Showing your age there ;)

You could get a few quid for that these days were you so inclined, although I am sure you are probably not.

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    :lol: I'm sure I paid a lot more for it than it cost when originally released. But hopefully make a profit if/when I do sell it.