Lost Girl Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Nahh, that doesn't work as well phonetically. How about "Lycubus?"

Not that I'd ever want that to happen. Dyson is dull.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even someone mildly dyslexic would read that as suck your cock.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Lycanthrobbus?

4. Guy Gardener

5. Greg Cox

In the event of a threesome, would it be Dydoccubus?

(This is LOST GIRL after all.)

6. Guy Gardener

Lauren would invite Kenzie into the bed before she'd risk Bo petting Dyson.

7. Christopher

How about Tamsin and Bo -- Valkubus?

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

You'd have to. "Succurie" makes no sense...

9. Greg Cox

Alas, my DVR cut off the last few minutes of last night's ep. What happened after Trick led them down into the dungeon beneath the Dal?

10. Christopher

Let's see... this is from memory, so it's approximate:
    Trick told Bo and Lauren about a Fae transformation called the Awakening or something, which happens when a Fae is 200 years old but is starting prematurely in Bo's case. It's some great life challenge they have to surmount, and if they fail, they degenerate into Underfae things of some sort; Trick showed Bo such a creature in a cage. Trick said that normally Fae spend years preparing for the trial, so they had a lot of work to do to prepare Bo.

Oh, and there was another scene that you might have missed -- Tamsin reluctantly used her powers somehow to awaken the coma patient, who positively identified Bo as his attacker and then died. But when the Morrigan asked for the results, Tamsin said he'd died before saying anything. The Morrigan didn't buy it, recognizing that Tamsin was covering for Bo, and said "This is how you're playing it? Are you sure?" But Tamsin wouldn't change her story.

11. Greg Cox

Thanks! I caught the beginning of the discussion about the Dawning, but the recording ended just as Trick was explaining about the creatures in the basement. I was wondering if I missed something important.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. We got some nice development for Tamsin and they tied up the Kenzi storyline in a way that I liked. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that Bo never mentioned the fact that Kenzi ate something she was allergic to in the last episode and didn't have any kind of a reaction. That's a pretty major thing not to mention when trying to convince people someone isn't who they say they are. I liked seeing Bo and Tamsin start to bond. The fact that she lied to The Morrigan for someone unaligned (who mostly associates with The Light) seems like it would be pretty big deal. The season description on Wikipeidia seems to imply that the Dawning will force Bo to finally pick light or dark.

13. Guy Gardener

So after a couple hundred years every fae if they make it that long goes through PUBERTY 2... Which is something Lauren, a fae Doctor, has only every heard of in hushed whispered secret tones.

Imagine your confidence if you're taking your clothes off for a medical examination, and your doctor asks you if you can explain to them what puberty is?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, I'm glad to see Tamsin being corrupted by the Light Side. That's definitely in keeping with the atmosphere of the show. And hopefully it will make her less irritating.

Overall, the last two episodes have been very awkward, though. I don't buy that Dyson and Trick would dismiss Bo's accusations out of hand without giving her the benefit of the doubt; and I also don't buy that neither one would notice that Kenzie was behaving very oddly (especially since Trick seemed to be noticing last week). And I don't buy that Bo wouldn't mention either the peanut allergy or the ice cream. The scripts needed a couple of rewrites.

On the plus side, we got a better look at Kenzie than we usually do. She doesn't usually participate in the semi-nude scenes. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. :rommie:

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I can't help you. I'm only watching this for the rampant lesbianism among the hotties. I'm not looking for logic...

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it didn't make a lot of sense. They could have easily just locked up Kenzei and Bo in separate cells while investigating both stories.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if it was actually Ksenia Solo or a body double?

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I'm pretty sure we can see her face as she leaves the shower; and it was obviously her when she was "topless" from the back, which was nice shot if not very revealing.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

19. Greg Cox

I think the idea was that everyone was already worried about Bo going off the rails, so this was just seen as the latest development in an ongoing problem. If there hadn't been that context . . . yeah, they might have taken Bo's accusations more seriously.

Instead it was: "Oh no, I knew there was something wrong with her!"

20. Christopher

Clearly that was the intent, but the execution frankly sucked. There was no reason for Bo not to mention the impostor's lack of peanut allergy -- especially since, in-story, the opening scene of this episode probably occurred less than an hour after the end of last week's episode, depending on travel time from Bo's hovel to the Dal. How could she have forgotten such a crucial clue in such a brief span of time? They asked her point-blank how she knew Kenzi was an impostor, the perfect opening to reveal the allergy issue, and instead all she said was that she had a feeling. That made no sense whatsoever.