24: Live Another Day. Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 4, 2014.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Best 30 minutes of 24 ever. :eek:

Jack saves the president, manually diverts a missile and throws the bad guys out a window.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Grrrrr. Some-kind-of cable box hiccup. Episode didn't/isn't record/ing. Have to catch OnDemand tomorrow, I guess.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, I called it (or at least part).

So what's up for the rest of the season???

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did he steal Jack's manbag?

5. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Jack was trying to teach the terrorists to fly. Pity they didn't learn fast enough.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Starks don't have good luck with windows. At least she didn't lose her head.

7. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, Jack chucking Margot out the window was double fistpump-worthy. Probably my biggest HELL YEAH! reaction to 24 ever. :techman:

Hopefully next week will result in nuclear armageddon and we can have President Jack Bauer presiding over the the post-apocalyptic U.S.

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Jack, that's no way to treat a lady!

Well... I guess that was no lady.

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Looks like that weaselly guy Chloe has been working with will end up being the ultimate baddie this season. I wonder what he has in mind when he gets his hands on the override, I sure as hell can't wait to find out though :D

Also, I finished up 24 earlier this evening. My opinion I expressed above still stands, definitely the weakest of the four seasons I have seen so far, but still had some truly stand out moments. Nothing on the level of tonight's new episode though.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still think there should have been a Silent Clock last week. The show kind of tipped it's hand for this week's episode but just imagine a Silent Clock and then everyone thinks Heller's dead. We see the twist and I think the scene could have been even more poignant.

Jack was badass in this episode. I was entertained by the drone chase scene, but tonight's first half hour might have been better because it was just non-stop Jack and Kate kicking ass and taking names. This season really is turning into maybe 24's best season yet, and after the final year I was ready to move on from this show. I haven't been entertained by 24 since Season 5, which if I recall was the President Logan year.

Did not see the Chloe thing coming. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

^^I had an inkling that something was going on between Chloe and that guy, now it's just confirmed.

12. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Using Tropic Thunder terminology, Season 4 is where the show went full retard and never got back.

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Cross told Navarro that he was just a 'middle man' so there maybe someone else.

Yes Jack is badass, still my favorite is when Jack attacks Logan's Limo here from Season 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5QCJHltPnw

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

How is it that CTU, this uber-powerful agency, only ever has ONE guy guarding the door?? :wtf:

For a super-secret-powerful anti-terrorist agency, their security always seem to SUCK.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Its the CIA, CTU no longer exists. Still security sucks. LOL

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's true, I had forgotten about that. Thank's for pointing it out. :cool:

17. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

When Cross is just a Middle Man - who can be the Big Bad... well, for these last 2-3 episodes?

I loved the first 30 Minutes - Gravitas! The NO Silent Clock revealed, all bad thrown out of the window.

Then the silliness came back. Bauer going after Navarro without shouting any "NAVARRO'S GOT THE DEVICE, DAMMIT!" I fear for Jack's safety AND for his Redemption, he already got... - Oh, and the Russians are still on him...

If this ends well for Jack - then this might be one the best seasons ever!
    If not - F$CK Season 9!

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah I thought it was a little silly too that Jack didn't call for back up when Navarro was making off with the override, but than I figured maybe Jack thought because of his current history, they might not have believed him.

Real world explanation? Just the writers of 24 making it necessary for Navarro to escape.

19. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was shit!!, last night when Jack threw Margo out the window. Holy crap! No Way! I did not see that coming, so what was Jack's kill count last night 6?

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, we don't know that CTU no longer exists, just that it doesn't exist/isn't being featured in London. CTU was back in operation in S8 of the series.