Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Nov 7, 2013.

1. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - Feb and April 2015

I will be at GalaxyFest 2015 in Colorado Springs this weekend, alongside several Power Rangers actors (including Hilary Shepard, who also appeared on three episodes of DS9 as a Benzite and one of the Jack Pack) and a bunch of other authors. My schedule is here.

2. roseake

roseake Lieutenant Red Shirt

Holy crap, I take classes at the Space Centre!! I'm gonna kill the guys for not telling me about this!!

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Glad you found out about it in time :techman: I used to live in Leicester so I would have loved to have gone, but Canada's a bit of a distance to travel...

4. KRAD

This weekend is (Re)Generation Who, which is primarily focused on Doctor Who, and whose headline guests are three of the people who have played the title role: Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, and (via Skype) Tom Baker, as well as various companions, writers, and other nifty folk.

Among the guests are two TrekLit authors: myself and John Peel. John and I will both be doing panels during the weekend, and we'll both have tables next to each other in Artist Alley.

The con will be held at the Hunt Valley Inn in Maryland, north of Baltimore (the same hotel that hosts Shore Leave and Balticon) from the 27th to the 29th of March.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

6. Greg Cox

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - April 2015

Just a reminder: Heading off to Cecil Con in a few hours. Doing a book signing around 1 this afternoon.

7. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

We had a blast this weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out to see us... :bolian:

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - April 2015

Once again, I’ll be signing books at the Cincinnati Library Comic Con on Saturday, May 16. Here’s my post on last year’s event. I did much better selling Only Superhuman and Spider-Man: Drowned in Thunder there than any of my Star Trek stuff, so this year I think I’m going to focus mainly on my superhero stuff. I still have a good supply of Only Superhuman hardcovers (which moved pretty well last year), and I’ve got a very few copies remaining of Drowned in Thunder and X-Men: Watchers on the Walls that I’ve been holding on to “just in case” for long enough that it’s probably time I did something with them. (And I’ll probably bring a few Trek books too.) So anyone who’s in the Cincinnati area and wants signed copies of those books — with a portion of the sale price to be donated to the library, so it’s for a good cause — should be at the Main Library on 800 Vine Street in downtown Cincinnati between noon and 5 PM on May 16. Here are directions and parking info.

9. Una McCormack

Una McCormack Writer Red Shirt

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - May 2015

Hello all! If you happen to be in London around 7-9 August, I'll be at the Nine Worlds convention on panels about Star Trek and Doctor Who.

10. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - May 2015

I'll be there too!

11. Greg Cox

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - August 2015

Kinda last minute, but if anyone is interested, I'm doing "Story Time" at the Oxford Public Library in Oxford, PA tomorrow morning at 10:30 AM. I'm supposed to talk about super-heroes and maybe read a chapter from my MAN OF STEEL novelization . . . ..

12. KRAD

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - August 2015

Hey folks! I'll be one of the guests this coming weekend at 2050 Events in Daytona Beach. It's a big multimedia convention, and my first convention in Florida. I'll have a table set up, plus I'll be doing at least two panels (one on writing, and a Farscape panel with Gigi Edgley). Hope to see folks there!

13. ICW

ICW Commander Red Shirt

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - October 2015

Will any Trek authors appear at Rhode Island Comic Con?

14. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - October 2015

For those who might be interested (and in the greater Albany, NY, area), I will be participating in a Tor Books-sponsored multi-author event next Wednesday, November 4, at the Northshire Bookstore in Saratoga Springs, NY, the evening before World Fantasy Con begins.

More details here on my website.

15. Christopher

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - November 2015

It's a while off yet, but I'll be at the Cleveland ConCoction convention on March 11-13, 2016. More info here.

16. garoo1980

garoo1980 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It looks like the annual Calgary Comic Expo will now be a Star Trek actor filled bonanza. Any chance of some writers there too? I'm much more interested in what our characters are doing in print than what they were up to last time we saw them on screen

http://www.calgaryexpo.com/media-guests/

17. Greg Cox

18. Christopher

I'll be at Cleveland ConCoction on March 11-13:

http://www.clevelandconcoction.org/

And I'm pleased to announce that Simon & Schuster has agreed to provide a limited number of copies of Star Trek: Enterprise — Rise of the Federation: Live by the Code, which I will sign and give away on a first come, first served basis. The book doesn’t officially go on sale until March 29, but the folks at S&S were kind enough to work with me and the convention staff to make this happen. There will also be a larger number of giveaway copies of books 2 & 3, Tower of Babel and Uncertain Logic, though unfortunately S&S doesn’t currently have book 1 in stock.

The plan is to split the supply into three lots so that there will be giveaway books available on all three days of the convention. But they’ll probably go pretty quickly, so if you plan to attend, I suggest you try to come early. I’ll endeavor (pun intended) to keep folks posted about my schedule. More info at my blog.

19. KRAD

Both John Peel and I will be guests at (Re)Generation Who 2 this weekend at the Hunt Valley Inn in Cockeysville, Maryland (north of Baltimore, same hotel as Shore Leave). The big guests at this Doctor Who convention are the Fifth and Sixth Doctors, Peter Davison and Colin Baker, as well as several actors from the show.

John and I will each have tables in Artists Alley. I'll be selling and signing books at mine, including The Klingon Art of War and my new release Thor: Dueling with Giants. I'll also have limited copies of two of my Who works, Destination Prague and Decalog 3: Consequences.

20. Greg Cox

Just a reminder: I'll be appearing at Cecil-Con in North East, Maryland a couple of weeks from now. (Note: "North East" is the name of the town, not a direction.) Hope to see some locals there.

http://www.cecil-con.com/