Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

It involves an act of sexual depravity. Don't even ask what what I had to do.

2. Evil Robert

Evil Robert Admiral Admiral

Oh c'mon guys, stop talking about TNZ and start talking about the important stuff... Like me!!!! ;-)

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

You're EVIL, Robert.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh come on, it showers off. After the sixth time.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The secret handshake wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve gentle nibbling on the ear.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Depends on who's doing the nibbling.

7. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

It's nice to see you, Evil Robert. I think about you from time to time... especially when I see a cute Mormon boy on the street. It reminds me of some things we discussed over on Livejournal, back in the day. I'm glad to see you're doing well.

As for the German studies... try not to sprain your tongue on those umlauts or 30-letter words. ;)

8. Evil Robert

Hey TT, nice to see you still around. How are the rest of the Toronto crew these days? Lol my post earlier actually mentioned two former posters (castek & cheshirecat_7) who lived at some point in Toronto, but as far as I'm aware where not a part of the Toronto Star Trek Crew that frequented this board and a few other places :-)

I have been visiting LJ lately but tumbleweeds are rolling by there now! Other then T'Bonz and one Snark community I use to read nobody is there anymore!

I dread to think what we discussed lol - it could've been anything!!! Hehehe

German words are nothing! The grammar is evil and not very efficient. Dative cases are making my life hell!

9. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I still see Rosemary and Emissary from time to time - nothing much has changed for either of them, though Emissary finished university since those days, of course.

I've run into Dorothy_Zbornak once or twice - he now lives in my old neighbourhood (I bought a condo a year and a half ago and moved from the apartment I'd lived in for 14 years) but we've never actually hung out.

I don't recognize the other two usernames you mentioned at all, so while they may be people I know in local fandom, I certainly never knew them here. But I do know that one of my convention colleagues used to post here - I just don't recall her screen name, and we never posted in the same fora, as far as I know.

(Wow, that whole paragraph was a Who's Who of old-time posters who don't come around any more, wasn't it? I didn't even mention that a few years ago, I dated Evil_Admiral's university roommate for a year and a half... but he's not a Toronto person, so that's a completely different topic.)

I hang out with Chrinfinity fairly frequently - I was at her place for most of yesterday, in fact. I don't know if you know her, though she used to comment occasionally on my LJ posts. She's been here a long time, but doesn't post that frequently, and when she does, she sticks to the Trek Lit and DS9 fora, if memory serves.

As for our LJ discussions to which I was alluding - they had to do with the fact that Utah is one huge closet. Hence my comment about thinking of you when I see cute Mormon boys on the street. ;)

10. Evil Robert

Lol, cheshirecat_7 was real old school. Like '99/'00 old school. And I believe she found her partner via this site and moved to be with her to Melbourne.

castek was from Brisbane (like me) but was sent to live his Grandmother in Toronto when his parents where divorcing. It was rather nasty and I don't believe he was coping well (and he certainly has issues with his Grandmother). He was classed as a troll and did behave like that on this board, but I think it was really a reaction to his shitty real life. One on one chatting to him, he was a great kid. Very bright and quiet friendly.

Nice to hear Rosemary, Emmisary and Dorothy Zbornak are going well. Wish them all my love next time you see them. Especially Rosemary who was always a sweetie!

I miss Utah a lot sometimes. I loved living there and I still consider Salt Lake City to be my second home.

11. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Romulan vessel decloaking.

Howdy folks. Good seeing y'all.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Yo, Praetor! How's everything?

13. cooleddie74

Praetor sightings are about as rare as Ulva or Dama47 visits around here. Welcome back! Nice to see ya again....how are things on your end of the universe?

14. Praetor

Hey guys... not too shabby. You know, all cloaked and mysterious and shit. Hope you're well. :)

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Welcome back. You've been missed. ;)

16. Praetor

Thanks, my friend. I missed you all too. :)

17. cooleddie74

Wait....Praetor doesn't have the trademark Merritt Butrick avatar anymore?

[​IMG]

Is this still the same universe?

18. Praetor

Obviously not. A Romulan clearly traveled back in time and destroyed the ship I was born on. Now I command a starship that vaguely resembles a sombrero.

19. cooleddie74

[nuScotty] I like this new timeline. It's exciting! [/nuScotty]

20. Shatna

Shatna Grand Lord Admiral Admiral

Checking in. I resent the term "old timer". I was only twelve when I started hanging out here, after all. :cool: (Which if true would explain a lot.)