AA/DS Phaser LED replacement?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by klh, Aug 5, 2009.

1. klh

klh Ensign Red Shirt

I've found some info on how to disassemble the AA/DS phasers, and I've done that to put the P1 target scanner spring in place. But I'd like to replace the red LEDs with blue. Does anyone know what replacement LED would work? I'd like to get them at Radio Shack if possible.

I'd also love to hear if anyone has figured out how to take the front muzzle of the P2 off without breaking the tabs.

2. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Along a similar line, I somehow managed to break the little tiny stick-out tab thing on the top rear of my phaser, which holds the phaser2 onto the top of the unit. Now the p2 won't stay down on top of the grip piece like it is supposed to.

I have managed to take the screws out of the side of the phaser and look inside. Anyone have any ideas about a replacement piece that will fix this? I can post pictures if this is unclear...

EDIT: I also wanted to ask if anyone knows how to get the front of the phaser off without breaking it?
    I'm not going to try without advice.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009