The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Toys "R" Us is the place to go for the best and more rare Action figures. Walmart and most of the other super chain stores have been lacking in good toys lately.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Kmart of all places has been rather impressive lately with their frequent stocking of new figures as well as their own exclusives, and I think it says a lot about the state of retail that Kmart get their own Hasbro exclusives that sell well and are popular while walmart has had just one Star Wars exclusive in over two years and it hasn't even been stocked yet. Even Walgreens drug stores are clobbering Walmart and Target in the exciting action figure category.

3. CaptainMurdock

^Agreed about K-Mart. I recently picked up half of the new "World of Nintendo Toys." their. It's finally nice to see some posable Mario figures. The banpresto line. (While great sculpts) Lacked articulation. They were practically vinyl statues. I need to make a trip up to local Toys R. Us soon.

4. cooleddie74

Walmart used to be the king of marketing and stocking Star Wars action figures, but no more. The amount of peg wall and shelf space devoted to Hasbro Star Wars product has shrunken by leaps and bounds in recent years and it's a faint shadow of what it was around even the post-Prequel Trilogy era circa 2006 and 2007 when there were no more movies to promote and the launch of The Clone Wars was still off in the distance. Thankfully Toys "R" Us has just completed a major reset with new Star Wars displays in preparation for the Rebels merchandise debut and the latest movie-related figures, because Walmart is getting outclassed by discount store chains.

5. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Just repeating what she said, and it was some years ago. She probably isn't even there anymore.

CCC.

6. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

TRU has improved a little in the last 5 years, but not really enough to save them. Target and Walmart have consistently beat them to the pegs, which usually means if you see it at TRU first, the other 2 ain't gettin it. Unfortunately there has been a lot of that this year, and TRU is usually a dollar or more higher too. I would rather pay that extra dollar at Kroger, at least I get cheaper fuel for it. I even get my TRU gift cards at Kroger now.

CCC.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hasbrotoyshop.com has a coupon code for 20 percent off right now: SUPER20. Lots of 6" Black Series is in stock, like Boba Fett, Clone Trooper, Jabba, and the biker scout!

8. cooleddie74

I saw that. Does it also apply to 3.75" figures or just the 6-inch product they currently have in stock? With most store pegs dry at the moment it might be a good way for some to get new Wave 4 and 5 figures.

9. OdoWanKenobi

Hey have some more Deadpool and Nightwing. Don't say I never give you guys anything:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cooleddie74

^

J. Allen must be told about this glorious new thing you've cobbled together. Well done.

11. CaptainMurdock

More of the ship.
    [​IMG]

And meanwhile in an alternate reality.
    [​IMG]

12. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

OdoWan and Murdock, those were great!

13. L'Idiot

L'Idiot Ensign Red Shirt

What is Kirk's boulder from?

14. cooleddie74

OdoWan, KM and Murdock, much like The Dude's rug, really tie this place together. Awesome work as always, guys.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Sisko and Kirk tag teaming a Gorn has made my day.

16. cooleddie74

We always wanted to see it whether we said it out loud or not.

17. CaptainMurdock

I'm not sure where it came from. Along with the rock structure I used for the background, I got those from random yard sales from several years ago. It does surprisingly go well with the figure. I find my best stuff at yard sales. :techman:

Thanks for the nice comments. I have a little comic strip in the works featuring my new figures. :)

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Black Knight defends himself from a toad. I don't think he bites, Dane!

[​IMG]

19. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

The boulder looks a little like the 'water ball' that came with the McDonalds Aquaman. Could be McD used the same mold. The back piece looks a little like the old Battle Mountain, currently being rereleased by TimMee Toys for $19.95 + shipping.

CCC.

20. CaptainMurdock

Here's another picture of the mountain and boulders which came with this cannon seen in the image. Mario is one redshirt you don't wanna mess with.
    [​IMG]