Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I thought the same thing. :lol:

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So far the marketing releases for this have been great. The posters and trailers have been awesome so far, let's just hope the movie itself is as good or better.

3. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although the tie in toy merch kinda sucks - I mean not that I 'need' to buy the toys, but I like them as display pieces - and the stuff that's come out - my gosh, who was doing the QC on them? Paint looks like they were made by some knock off company. Low articulation, really chinsey paint apps. Even though the Iron Man 2 stuff is still peg warming - it was at least quality. That's one of the cool things about Iron Man - he's got so many different suits, doesn't take much to want to make a "Hall of Armor"

That aside - I've got high hopes for IM3 - looks like it's already shaping up to be better than Iron Man 2 - which wasn't "Bad" it just wasn't as good as it could have been.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The 2nd wave of Marvel Legends will have Iron Man 3 Mark 42 and Iron Patriot movie version 6 inch version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ignore the bleeding edge armor on the right.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've already got some of the Iron Man 3 action figures at my Wal-Mart. I actually don't think they're too bad looking.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a fan of the 3.75" figs that are branded "Interchangables". Where the arms, legs and head separate from the torso so you can mix/match to create your own custom IM suit.

I guess at least one reason for this is to give some differentiation on why you'd pick it up vs duplicating the toys from the first two films.

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is what I'd love to own when it comes out, but it will probably cost a fortune.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Samurai8472

^
    There's going to be so many options it's not even funny.

You have revoltech.

Mark 6

[​IMG]

They just released their own version of the Mark 7

Before Figma jumped into market it was the only 6 inch figure option

[​IMG]

Figma will release their own Mark 7 in the summer/fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bandai decided to one up revoltech with their own Mark 6

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Officially boycotting this movie after seeing the poster of the Mandarin. Horrific comes to mind. As do several other words I wont even type. Ahh welll at least there will always be the first movie.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

:facepalm:

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Seconded. :rolleyes:

12. Samurai8472

For thread purposes so people can see them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's like an "item searching" picture

-WWII helmet. Most likely not Captain America's first helmet
    -Iron Man face plate
    -Dragon statue(Fin Fang Foom)
    -Dog tags.

Probably all Mandarins conquests.

13. Trekker4747

Seriously, what about this poster is such a turn off to the point of boycotting the movie? It's a cool looking poster of an intimidating villain. I mean horrific?!

14. Icemizer

Well lets just start with camo-pants shall we? Really? CamoPants? Ridiculous! You have the power of ten rings and you go and rob an army surplus store. Then lets go to the dog tag collection. Ooohhh scary, must mean he is evil. Sunglasses. Cant see his eyes he must be evil. The pose. Yes I am so relaxed in my room that I can just flop into my chair, ho hum. Thankfully the official poster cropped out the two very distracting blue helmets in the picture. They totally kill the color scheme of the room and take your eye away from the main figure. There is nothing in this poster that makes him look intimidating. A small guy with glasses seated in a chair in a relaxed pose. Max Von Sydow was far more menacing in his garish Ming outfit. His beard was better as well.
    I was really hoping this movie would make up for the mistakes of the last one, but for me this is a major fail of character design.

15. Trekker4747

This is a joke, right? You're doing some-kind-of impression of a radical fanboy picking out petty flaws? I mean you came "this" close to complaining about the color of his nacelles.

To me he looks like an intimidating man surrounded by the treasures/tokens for those he's slaughtered. The camo pants? Eh, it's just an image thing. Again, probably a "trophy" from some conquest or maybe nothing else fits. I doubt he gets to the mall often to buy a good, real, set of pants.

Man, to write the whole movie off just because of how the villain looks in a promotional poster? Pretty darn lame.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

“The Internet. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.”

17. Samurai8472

It's just another nitpick in a long line of nitpicks.

-NO RED TRUNKS?!? This movie will fail"
    -Organic Webbing.
    -Flames on Optimus Prime
    -Blonde James Bond
    -"teh puffy" batman begins suit
    -Fruit rollup Superman cape and muted colors from "Superman Returns
    -Bobblehead Batman in "The dark knight rises"
    -Basketball Spider-man
    -No zero on the Enterprise
    -The entire 2009 Enterprise :rolleyes:

And others i'm forgetting or choosing to forget or just don't care to remember
    :)

18. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're Tony Stark's. I thought it was a nice touch.

19. Icemizer

By no means am I a fanboy. Have loved IM for as long as I can remember. Have every issue including the terrible teen Tony years. The Mandarin has always been THE bad guy for me, the one easiest to make a simple and easy translation to film. A regal character, exuding power, control, and terror by his simple presence. Now I see a common man in camo pants with an ill kept beard. As perfectly as they captured Tony to film, they have let me down so much with the poor translation of the villains.

20. Trekker4747

You're making this generalization based on how the character looks on a movie poster. I think his portrayal in the movie itself would matter a whole lot more than his costume.

I mean, I doubt they could much get away with the look from the comics in the movie. Hell, the Thor movie and Avengers barely pulled off the giant horned Asgardian helmets and they've pretty much abandoned the idea of Thor's helmet.

Besides, this may very well not how he looks in the whole movie, it's just a single picture of him. It could be his bed clothes for all we know. If you're going to write off the movie based on a single characters, at least watch the movie first. Or see some scenes of the guy. But, nope, you see a movie poster with him on it and you throw it all away.