What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finished Reach on Legendary (solo). What a ride!

Time to jump into matchmaking I guess :>

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Started God of War 1 today, haven't played any of them. The graphics are very good looking for a 2005 PS2 game, but the camera and gameplay is pretty annoying. I got real sick and tired of falling off a stupid plank to my death because the camera is at a stupid angle and I can't change it :mad:

3. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Currently playing (and finishing):

Trace Memory

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Am I crazy or is God of War 1 really frustrating to play? The unmoving camera, the wonky controls, those goddamn quick time button press events (god I hate those)... At least it's short, I think I'm already a quarter into the game. The graphics are certainly impressive for an old PS2 game.

5. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I'm currently hunting for some new fodder for my DS, but just for nostalgia I started up a game of Metal Gear Solid on the PC. I zoomed through about half the game in one sitting, and would have finished had I not had to get up for school in the morning. It's hard to forget the true classics, the memories they make...

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to make a start on Halo 2(PC).

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Nice, that's the only Halo title I don't own (yet). Come to think of it, it's about time that I dust off the good old Halo PC Custom Edition :techman:

8. John Clark

I've only just got it, and not having any of the necessary consoles, this and the first are the only ones I'll have (at least for now, fingers crossed).

One of my mates has played all but Reach for now. I want to try ODST (the cast are fun) though he reckons it was too short and easy.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

ODST is neither too short nor too easy IMO, especially if you don't have that much experience with the previous Halo titles. Plus, it introduced Firefight, one of my favorite multiplayer modes. It has great atmosphere, the VISOR, audio logs that tell a compelling story, great additions to the weaponry, it comes with all of the (previously pretty costly) Halo 3 multiplayer map packs - it's great value and my third favorite Halo title besides the original and Reach.

Not to mention the audio-treat for Firefly fans :D

10. John Clark

That may be why he found it easy and short. Easy because he has a lot of experience with FPS type games (though probably not as historic as mine, he does tend to play a lot more) and short because he was playing it on a mates xbox and so probably rushed through it a bit.
    I don't think he's seen Serenity yet (and definitely not firefly) so the cast wouldn't get his attention as much as it would me.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

ODST was pretty disappointing. The actual flashback missions are alright but the 'open world' elements wandering around a dead city for 15 minutes at a time were just tedious. I really didn't like how underpowered you are compared to Master Chief either, and I was playing on EASY :p

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

If I were to rank the Halo titles I've played (the only one I haven't is Halo Wars), this is exactly how I'd rank them. ODST was a great game, with a very different atmosphere from the other titles. I very much liked the sense of isolation you have in the hub world, being all alone against the Covenant occupation trying to find your team. Sometimes sneaking away from the enemy is a better choice in ODST than a full-on, Spartan-esque assault.

13. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've put the three games in my sig on hold for the weekend, so I can go through Call of Duty 4 and get the 1000G.

I only ever played it on the PS3 (before Trophies were introduced), but I picked up a preowned copy yesterday for my 360 on the cheap, so I'm spending the weekend getting all the achievements. Played it for about 3 hours earlier, and I've got 18/37 so far, just need to pick up the intel ones, a couple of little ones in the game, and then do the whole thing on Veteran to finish it off.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Borrowed Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and this is the first PoP game I have ever played...So far I am really enjoying it. I think I will try the PoP game from 2008 as well :)

15. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After a quiet few months I've finding it difficult to stay on top of everything!

Currently on the go;

Halo: Reach
    Formula One
    World at War
    Fifa 11

And then next month we've got GT5 and BO coming.......

16. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Replaying GTA: San Andreas, playing The Sims 2 on and off.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I personally think the 2008 PoP was a much better game. While the platforming is similar and the combat easy in both games, I much preferred the story and characters in the 2008 game. Not to mention that it was just such a pretty game.

18. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After finishing my 4th playthrough of the original Mass Effect, I'm now on to Alpha Protocol. Although it is quite janky in the shooting department, the sneaking-around-killing-everyone-with-a-knife is very enjoyable.

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Exactly!

Going to do a re-playthrough of ODST once I'm back from Munich to get a more immediate contrast to Reach - and some more screen time with the Firefly cast (just finished re-watching all the episodes and as usual, I feel the phantom pain of a season 2 that never happened ;)).

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed Prince of Persia 2008 but it was like Assassin's Creed 1. A beautiful game with a fun design but you're doing the exact same three things over and over the entire frickin' game.