Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

:guffaw:

I meant "Marvel Action! Real Video!" :rommie:

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Why not "Marvel Action Real Video Entirely Live"?

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Marvel has posted the first four minutes or so from next week's ep on Facebook.

It acknowledges Thor: The Dark World right up front with scenes from both Thor movies and finds our team cleaning up the mess at Greenwich University.

Coulson-- "You know, it would be nice if, just for once, Thor and his people sent the God of Cleaning Up After Yourself. They probably have a magic broom for this kind of thing".

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Greek not Norse, but blow up a dam and flood the bugger clean.

5. Turtletrekker

6. Guy Gardener

Are you talking about the hundreds of millions that never signed up, or the 10's of millions that left in the last month?

7. Turtletrekker

Actually, I was thinking of people on work computers that block Facebook...

8. Guy Gardener

If they're at work, then they shouldn't be on facebook!

That's just rude.

Accepting money from an evil world raping conglomerate to jerk off online?

RUDE!

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Marvelous. :bolian:

10. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I have enjoyed the past two episodes. Fitz and Simmons are beginning to feel like real characters and not just the nerd twins. Ward and Skye are better characters when separated, but Skye is the weakest link for me. I just can't warm to her.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've avoided the thread but am now up to date on the show as of last night. These November sweeps episodes have really firmed up where the story threads laid down since the start are going.
    Bringing in of Agent Blake and Jasper Sitwell were great. Then as the show is unfolding I had to have my friend rewind his DVR....did they just Hand? Yep, there's that red streak, check, glasses, check holy crap Victoria Hand.
    Did not see that coming. Probably cause I've avoided spoilers and it's Saffron Burrows so she might could cross over into the films as well.

The developments with Skye and her boyfriend seem to have her firmly on SHIELDS side now. The whole looking for her parents angle motive and all, yet can't say I wouldn't be surprised if something compromises her. She is after all not even Level 1.

I was really annoyed by Fitz & Simmons in the early goings. Only the last two episodes have me doing an alteration of course on the two. Both got moments to shine solo and as a team unit.

Coulson being firmly aware that something is up with himself. Ordering the tests, catching himself speaking the conditioned response and of course that phone call at the end.

I'm really eager for a focused story on May. Especially hopeful it's loaded with backstory and the nickname she's earned but hates.

Grant is just there for me still at this point. I'm indifferent to need to know anything more about him. Is that a shared sentiment or am I missing something?

I rarely am able to make the time to watch shows as they air anymore but time permitting would like to catch Tuesdays episode as it ties into the fall out of TDW.

12. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

What is TDW?

Never mind. Thor 2.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^

Thor 2: The Dark World

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

When Coulson flat-out asked her if she actually wanted to be a SHIELD agent, and she took a deep breath and said "yes", I'm get that the writing intended her to mean it, but I didn't buy it. She wants to know about her parents, sure, and wants to know all the secrets, absolutely, and would like to stay on the bus, I can believe that, too. But, especially given what she'd seen of SHIELD in that very ep, her wanting to start as a bottom-level noob, taking orders all the time? Ermmm...

15. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep, that's been the best part of the last 2 episodes. The characters are all starting to feel like characters I'd actually care about watching and following. I'm no longer just watching this show because of Coulson and the Marvel connections.

Though Coulson is still cool too of course. He's had some good moments over last 2 episodes too, from the talk with the fireman to the talk with May to his navigating of the Shield hierarchy.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

People can lie to themselves, or be blind to their own real motivations. Skye's convinced herself for the moment that she wants to be a SHIELD agent, but she's young and unsure of herself and maybe her judgment about her own motivations can't be relied upon.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, I get the impression that she wants something to belong to since she doesn't really have much. When she says she wants to be a SHIELD agent, she means with Coulson's team, not at the Hub. But I do believe her with that caveat.

18. Turtletrekker

Yeah, I think that she's finding a family that she's never really had before with Coulson's team.

19. Guy Gardener

That would suggest she had the psychology of a starting character.

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For the first comment, I agree it was meant to be sincere, and it's true that it's hard to believe. But although the morality of SHIELD is evidently being set up as a theme, it's also being set up with a foregone conclusion. The adorable Sky, complete with her unusual name and her credentials as the sexiest coolest girl who is totally not a nerd, has to choose SHIELD before hand. Any temptations to disapproval will be just that, and her return to the fold will be a reaffirmation all the stronger for being tested. If setting that up jeopardizes the believability of the character, so be it?

For the second comment, I agree that such a thing is very common in young people beginning any career demanding this kind of commitment. I suppose this might be called dramatic where the story tells us the opposite of what the character avows openly. But does this really seem to be a show that does that kind of writing?

OT, how many black leather outfits does May own?