The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I managed to grab New 52 Batman yesterday. I have to admit, that I love this figure quite a bit. Even more so than my Batman Inc figure (that's saying a lot for me). The paint job and sculpt look so much better and nothing seems to be bleeding through or anything like that. I love the fact that his cape folds at the bottom. It didn't come with the typical stand so I assume this was how you were gonna stand him up. They managed to capture Greg Capullo's design beautifully. I just like this figure a whole lot. I very nearly bought New 52 Aquaman as well...but put that off for now. I really want the Trinity first.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hallmark. They're Keepsake ornaments from a few years ago. Those were the only two they made, I think.

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I actually picked up the 3.75-inch Avengers movie Hawkeye today. I originally wasn't going to (I've actually seen it in stores twice before and took a pass both times). I guess the third time was the charm.

Also scored this weekend (late, but marked down to a good price at my local Big Lots store), the Tron: Legacy light cycle with light up effects.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nmzmkqRQnks/TRZht6dt56I/AAAAAAAAEys/0d6qwWnYNPQ/s1600/DSC_0142.jpg

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The DC Collectibles version? I think it's actually Jim Lee's art that they're going for with that, since it's a Justice League line. I agree about it being a great looking figure, though. I wish DC Collectibles had more articulation, or I would collect them regularly, too. As it is, I really only pick up the ones that I don't think Mattel is every likely to make like various Lanterns.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Love all the newest photos, but Kira's Mom's...:lol:

Keep 'em coming, guys! I'd like to see more humorous poses and scenarios with all your dolls and action figures!

6. Kira's Mom

Hawkeye hasn't met my Legolas action figure yet. And I have to introduce Katniss Barbie to Legolas Ken, too. I have many photos planned...:evil: :lol:

I was just looking at my display of ornaments (the handful I keep out all year round), and the Galaga quote from The Avengers popped up in my mind. It would have been even funnier if I had an Iron Man figure to stand behind Hawkeye...

7. OdoWanKenobi

Well, there's no shortage of Iron Man figures right now. Fix that!

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah it's from the Justice League line...to me though it looks more like Capullo's version rather than Lee's. Either way, it's just beautiful looking, and I'm amazed at how much better it looks over the Batman, Inc figure.

Not a figure, but I also picked up a Future Foundation t-shirt!!! I've been wanting one forever! Science!!!! :)

9. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Found the new Shockwave finally, and I rather like it. :D They came up with an original vehicular mode that still seems a very nice homage to his classic G1 form.

10. OdoWanKenobi

Cool story. I walk into Wal-Mart to find that they've just done their section resets, so a shiny new action figure aisle filled with shiny new toys is there. I rush to the Avengers pegs hoping to find an elusive 6" Hawkeye, but find to my dismay only Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. I continue down the aisle to look at the other stuff, my hopes shattered, when something catches my eye. At the end of the aisle, tucked behind a Nerf gun that is conspicuously in the wrong area, I find not one, but two Hawkeyes! It would appear some jerk tried to hide them. Naturally, I grab one for myself and return the other to its place on the pegs, for some other lucky collector or kid to find. Ah, it feels to good to thwart the plans of the jerks that hide hard to find figures. The fact that there were two of them tells me for certain that someone was planning to scalp them.

Now, I have Hawkeye in two scales. Just the Marvel Select and Hot Toys version to go. Such a pity that Marvel Select and Hasbro's 6" line will both be missing a Black Widow to go with him.
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

Great score, KM! A few of my local retailers are also in the middle of toy aisle resets so I'm hoping they pull fresh, new product out of the back and stock it once they're finished...sometimes they just put the same old crap back on the pegs and shelves and don't stock anything fresh that customers might actually be looking for and excited to see.

12. OdoWanKenobi

Haha. Look again. It wasn't KM posting a Hawkeye pic this time. :lol:

Also, KM I have a Hawkeye that you don't. :p. Better get cracking.

13. cooleddie74

Ah! Thanks. Force of habit when it comes to Hawkeye photos. Sorry, man. :p

Congrats on the score!

14. Kira's Mom

I haven't seen that one. :(

I still want these cute mini Avengers but the price is ridiculous.

ETA- I just ordered the Grab Zag Hawkeye and Black Widow off of ebay. Too cute to resist.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  15. OdoWanKenobi

The DC Club Infinite Earths figure for the month of August is Mirror Master, and he arrived today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's long been a favorite Flash villain of mine. I'm glad to finally have him. Now we just need Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Top, Pied Piper, Golden Glider, etc. More Rogues, Matty! More Rogues!

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i got Marvel Legends Fantomex and Dark Wolverine. Fantomex is pretty awesome, love the character. i'm not a fan of Wolverine, much less his son, but the Dark Wolverine figure is really awesome.

17. Admiral_Young

Too bad what happened with Jean-Philppe in Uncanny X-Force then :) The Fantomex figure is something I've been contemplating for a while now. Too bad they didn't release an EVA accessory with it or something.

18. OdoWanKenobi

I have both figures. For some reason, I just can't get Fantomex to not look goofy while holding his guns. Daken is a good figure, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the character either. Wave 3 needs to hurry up and get here. I need both Deadpool variants, Punisher, Blade, US Agent, and the white Doom.

19. Admiral_Young

Yep. I want to get Uncle Doom ;) (Future Foundation Doom). I still need to get Future Foundation Spider-Man as well.

20. OdoWanKenobi

Amazingly, I think the FF Spidey is my favorite figure from wave 2. The paint is superb, and the figure just has a crisp cool look to it.