First image from An Adventure in Time and Space

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that the posters also mis-spell the producer's name both times, I should certainly hope they're not official BBC creations.

2. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

OK, so...if the show is called "An Adventure in Space and Time", why is this thread, which is 8 months old, still titled "An Adventure in Time and Space"?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Because nobody's asked the moderators to change it?

4. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Hmmph. Well, I prefer the "...Time and Space" to "...Space and Time". The first episodes had the characters time traveling to 100,000 BC, followed by a space adventure (with perhaps some time travel, too) to Skaro. So I just assumed it was called "An Adventure in Time and Space". I think it rolls off the tongue better, too, else I'd have notified the mods myself. Oh well.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

apparently his name is Strevens, it's not a typo!

6. Christopher

Yes, but I gather that "an adventure in space and time" is how the show was originally described in the Radio Times back in 1963. That's why the movie has that title. There was also a 1999 retrospective documentary called Adventures in Space and Time, no doubt referencing the same thing.

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Radio Times entries for the early seasons gave the series the subtitle "An Adventure in Space and Time", which was taken up as the name of the story-by-story behind the scenes fanzine which began in 1980 inverted it to "An Adventure in Space and Time" and used that until 1987 when it was renamed In-Vision for the 4th Doctor issues onwards.
    I had thought that the Radio Times had actually used Time and Space, but on checking my old copies of Space and Time, the Mission to the Unknown edition reprints its listing, and that one at least was Space and Time.

8. Christopher

^Umm, do you mean the fanzine inverted it to "Time and Space?"

9. diankra

Sorry, the edit left it confusing. It was going to till they realised Radio Times had it the other way round, as they'd rembered it stsrting with Time. But on checking...

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Guessing this is the best place to post this. Apparently this will air at 9pm on Thursday 21st November on BBC 2

Link

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, I'll be at a concert that night. Maybe they'll reair it the next day?

12. Christopher

It'll air on the 22nd on BBC America, though I'm not sure that helps.

13. The Nth Doctor

Nope, because I'll be in London until November 24 and then head back to Brussels. Chances are I'll have to wait until I get back there.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'd be surprised if it doesn't get aired, the question is whether it'll get reaired in time.

Of course if you're in London and have a laptop you could just watch it on the iPlayer :)

15. The Nth Doctor

That's a thought, although I wasn't planning to bring it. I'm going on holiday to travel and escape all of that!

(Says the guy who's to be in London the same week as the anniversary and is going to do as much Doctor Who related stuff as possible)

16. diankra

Looks as if it'll have the Radio Times cover for the 16th to 23rd November edition, to judge by the next issue column in the previous edition (where, by coincidence, the entire page is made up of Who guest starts: the Next Week column mentions Mark Gatiss, David Bradley, Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi [for the second season of LAst Tango in Halifax], while the My Watchlist feature that makes up the rest of the page is on Paul O'Grady - Stolen Earth cameo star).

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

18. The Nth Doctor

As one of the ten fans of The Web Planet, I'm thrilled to see the Menoptera fully realized! :D

19. Christopher

I'm excited to see that they're recreating a scene from "Marco Polo." Might be the closest we ever come to seeing that story, unless the rumors are true.

20. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I'm thrilled about that as well. Marco Polo is one of my favorite historicals and that's saying something considering I've obviously only seen a fan reconstruction of the story. And hopefully the rumors are true...