Do Spock & Saavik have any children?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by bfollowell, May 30, 2013.

1. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

I'm not aware of Saavik being mentioned after the Vulcan's Soul trilogy. Spock has been on Romulus for years, at least until very recently. Has any mention ever been made to these two having children? I'm not aware of any but I could've easily missed something.

- Byron

2. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't think so.

3. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember the rumour that the reason Saavik stayed behind on Vulcan in The Voyage Home was because she was pregnant with their baby after she helped him through his ponn farr in The Search for Spock, but that's the only thing I can think off hand.

In general I don't like the idea of them ever being a couple, because they always seemed more of a father-daughter relationship to me, so anything more than that comes off as creepy.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

With Spock leaving the novelverse in the forseeable future, this should be addressed...

5. Ó Méith

Ó Méith Lieutenant Red Shirt

I would love to know more about Saavik in the 24th Centenary. Such a great yet underused character.

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

May I be the first to name their offspring - I suggest Spud :)

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't view it as father-daughter (Spock certainly never formally adopted Saavik), more like teacher/mentor and student.

And no, they don't have any children that we're aware of.

8. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I used to wonder if Saavik and David had got it together. A possibility since binned by the novels...

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ In the STIII novelization, Saavik and David were indeed having it off.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't they also get together in the Myriad Universes story The Chimes At Midnight?

11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Probably where I got it from, being as I read it a long time ago when the movie came out...

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Although I've never been a fan of the Spock/Saavik pairing, a son of Spock would be a fascinating character, with some big shoes to fill. So long as he wasn't just a rehash of Zar or QuintoSpock.
    :lol:

I suggest Spunk.

13. DorkBoy [TM]

DorkBoy [TM] Captain Captain

Spork!

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes Saavik& David Marcus did get together in the story and were still together at the end of the story.A better and happier ending for David Marcus than he had in Startrek 3.

15. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I remember reading about that rumour in some book about Star Trek 4. I also seem to recall that Peter David did something with the rumour in #76 "Captain's Daughter", but it's been over ten years since I read the book.

But I seem to remember that it came about because of the Ponn Far scene in STIII (when Spock was a teenager), and people thought that because Saavik was the only other Vulcan on he planet, Spock and Saavik---ah----did it. And that Saavik did conceive and it was the reason why she didn't time travel with Kirk and crew (plus from a budget point of view, the film makers probably were trying to save money and come up with an excuse as to why Saavik was separated from Kirk and crew, even though she should've been sent off for debriefing before the movie began, and Kirk and crew arrested).

16. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I also heard a rumor Shatner (or somebody) wanted Kirk and Saavik together. She was an important and likable Star Trek character. I'm sorry she fell off the face of the Earth (though glad her actress did well afterward).

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Saavik didn't spend much time on the face of the Earth, though, did she? In the movies, the only time we saw her on Earth was in the Academy sequence at the beginning. Otherwise we only saw her aboard ships, on Genesis, and on Vulcan.

18. Charles Phipps

:guffaw:

19. DorkBoy [TM]

DorkBoy [TM] Captain Captain

That settles it. He's a Vulcan. :vulcan:

Maybe Christopher is Spock and Saavik's offspring? :)

20. Charles Phipps

I just assumed he was a Rhaandite.