Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's reasonable. But the three lead Talosians were all women. The other one that 'spoke' to the Keeper (with that deep voice) was older, and looked it. The tallest one was the youngest, it looked to me.

A thought: are they credited as "Keeper" "First Talosian" "Second Talosian" "Third Talosian" or was Meg Wylie credited as "First Talosian"?

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It must have been filmed during a lull from his recurring role as Cousin Itt on The Addams Family. He was about 27 then.

Or maybe he hadn't done Itt yet, since Wiki says the character didn't appear until a third of the way into the show's run. It says he also provided the voice of Mortimer Goth in the Sims 2 game.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. telerites

telerites Commander Red Shirt

Did anyone see the "Toy Hunter" episode with Silla. He asks Jordan (the host) to find him some Buck Rogers toys (Silla was Twiki the robot in the Gil Gerald series).

I think it is pretty cool when an actor embraces a character so much to want to collect memorabilia based on the character/show. So many times, I see actors saying they want no association to avoid sterotyping.

I believe Shatner and Nimoy steered away for a while. Gates McFadden (TNG) did as well. And not ST but Tina Louise (Ginger on Gilligan's Island and Eve Plumb (Brady Bunch) are a couple of others that come to mind. I guess I understand it if they are unable to find employment based on their earlier roles but it seems like if the fans think it popular enough to reach such a level, they owe it them to offer at least the due respect if not more.

4. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The older Talosian, Georgia Schmidt was 60 during filming.
    The taller one, Serena Sande was 35.

Meg Wyllie was 47.

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of The Cage, I just saw an episode of The Twilight Zone with Susan Oliver, and it had similar themes, with an Earthman ending up in a zoo for the amusement of advanced aliens.

Kor

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Ah, yes, "People Are Alike All Over." Aside from lead Roddy McDowall and "Martian #3" Vernon Gray, everyone in the cast of that episode is a Trek veteran: Susan Oliver, Paul Comi, Byron Morrow, and Vic Perrin.

7. Melakon

Not a tv show or movie but in 1958, Shatner and France Nuyen starred in the Broadway play The World of Suzie Wong.

Also in the cast were Karl Held, who as Christopher Held played Lindstrom in "The Return of the Archons", and Sarah Marshall who guested in "The Deadly Years". Held and Marshall were married from 1964 until her death in 2014.

None of them made it to the film adaptation.

http://www.ibdb.com/Production/View/2699

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

William Schallert was in everything and World War, Too--Combat! and Rat Patrol on H&I today!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is probably already way back in the beginning of the thread, but Shat and Nuyen also costarred in an episode of Kung Fu:

[​IMG]

10. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ He should have kept that look for Star Trek: The Motion Picture. :lol:

Kor

QuantumMechanic likes this.
  11. Melakon

He worked with Rat Patrol star Hans Gudegast again in Colossus: The Forbin Project, who by that time had changed his name to Eric Braeden.

I was in high school when Rat Patrol aired, and we thought Gudegast was the coolest guy on the show.

12. Christopher

Yeah, I think that Shatner/Nuyen picture has been posted in this thread already, since it looks familiar.

13. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Yeah, who could forget that hair/whiskers!

Finally got around to screen grabs of the very blonde Laurel Goodwin in Mannix season 3, "A Question of Midnight," 1969:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The recently deceased Bruce Hyde is on DECADES this half-hour with...

---> That Girl!

They also had one with Sally Kellerman an hour or so back.

15. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can definitely see Yeoman Colt in that first picture, not so much in the second. Probably because her hair is up in the first & is not unlike Colt's hairstyle.

16. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

It's disconcerting when I see in IMDB, "The Cage" - 1986, but I understand why they do that.

17. Christopher

Well, yes. IMDb goes by release date, and it was never officially released in its original form until then. Although it does seem weird when I come across that listing. It kind of skews the chronological placement of TOS in actors' filmographies, because IMDb orders series by when they ended, so it's weird to have to look in the '80s portion of a filmography to find a series made in the '60s.

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

On TCM, I caught a very young Ricardo Montalbán in a secondary role in Battleground (1949). He was really very good, and there should have been more of him. I say very young, and he looked it compared to Khan, but that's relatively speaking. He was about 29.

19. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was that the Battle of the Bulge film? I recall him throwing snowballs at trees or some such thing.

20. Melakon

That was based on an actual incident of a soldier in the company who had never seen snow before. It really is one of the best war films of the 40s.