Coda

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, Feb 20, 2014.

1. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still not entirely sure what's happening in this episode. Janeway and Chakotay crash and from that moment on, everything Janeway experiences is created by the alien to think she's dead.....right?

so why have the time loop thing...surely that will only re-emphasise that it's some kind of timey whimey anomaly type thing (rather than death)

and why make Kes sense here presence during the aliens final attempt.....that would again, give Janeway a reason to continue believing that she's not actually dead

For an alien that wants people to think they're dead, it was pretty incompetent

Good ending though.....eventually, you'll come into my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time.........nice

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The entire purpose of this episode was so you could rewind this scene over and over again.

[​IMG]

3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This should've been the pivotal moment when Janeway gave her heart ... and more interesting organs ... to Chakotay. And the sequences of him carrying her limp and lifeless body around in the pouring rain, shouting to the Heaven's, "... don't die on me, Kathryn!!!" were quite memorable, if not meaningless, in the end. Hateful episode, otherwise, and a waste of a good actor who played Janeway's Alien Ghost Dad.

4. teacake

Alien Ghost Dads should be BANNED from science fiction. Heck, daddy issues should be banned from science fiction!!

5. 2takesfrakes

Perhaps I stray off-topic with this, but only slightly! I was searching for an interesting image of Chakotay, to use as an avatar. That's when I came across this wallpaper that truly defies the boundaries of Good Taste in a way that I can't even begin to define! I'm so amazed by the kitsch on display, here. It's a Wallpaper that some FanGirl made and I thought I would share it with you. Words fail, but ... you be the judge:

[​IMG]

6. teacake

Gilly H is AWESOME and that is no more kitsch than the entire Chak character and his acoocheemoya hotness. Really kinda sums him up.

I do wonder about the art deco door.. though it occurs to me that design wise it echoes his tatt.

7. 2takesfrakes

Be careful what you wish for, when stating, "you be the judge." :rommie:

Oh, I'm sure Gilly H is lovely company, but ... wait! Was she joking around, with this? Wow. I hadn't thought of that. I mean ... it can't be "romantic," can it?

There's a picture of Chakotay, not exactly at his most manly, to begin with. He's opening this artsy door to, what I presume is meant to be, another world. And what does this world consist of? 3 GIANT sleigh-dogs howling at the full moon. The oblate full moon. Has it turned into a Gas Giant, or is that because it's really made of cheese? Or maybe the nebula that our Solar System is apparently encased in has created a lens-distortion effect, making the moon appear so fat and squatty ...

8. teacake

Those are WOLVES!!! Jesus christ.. no wonder you don't understand Chak's hotness. And may I say he looks particularly hot here, "not at his most manly"?! He's freaking De Niro in this shop!! He broods, he has a great hair cut, he's in the sort of civvies you want to peel off..

I'm having an exploding het moment here.. he's opening the very cultured and refined door of his heart and inside he's howling for YOU. That's what the picture is about.

9. 2takesfrakes

Chakotay's gotta look tough, if he wants to get the girlies to enter the Art Deco Door of his Heart. He's better off going more primal ... getting all dirty and stuff like that. Women LOVE that sort of thing! They'll have a Chak Attack for sure!

10. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

If I was at my computer I would post the mouth to mouth resuscitation moment! :D

11. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I like this episode... except for the annoying fact that "Admiral Janeway" is wearing the wrong combadge!

12. teacake

You. Are. Wrong.

13. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

I agree with Teacake, you are wrong. Hon, Chakotay only has to be breathing. Heck half the J/C fandom want to be Janeway simply because of Chakotay.

14. teacake

That's why I want to be 7. Shh!

But really, super hot in that photoshop.

15. Captain Kathryn

Agreed. Nice pic and fan art job on that one~

16. Captain Kathryn

Gotta post this one lol

The only time poor Chakotay gets to kiss his love and it's to resuscitate her. And that's why I read too much fanfic... :p

[​IMG]

17. teacake

So IF you could be killed by an alien tachyon nebula burst and be resuscitated by any Star Trek character who would it be?

I'll take Janeway. I'll let her pound on my chest and breath down my throat..

18. 2takesfrakes

OK ... I'm confused. teacake, I've always suspected you were female, but now? Tell me true: Are you a brutha ... or a sista?

19. teacake

I am a red blooded human being..

I wonder if I could pretend to be resuscitated to keep the resuscitating going longer? Or would the actual dying part put me off my usual instincts? I can imagine beating myself up later about it, "if only I had breathed shallowly! I could have breathed when she was pounding then she wouldn't have noticed! I could have had MORE mouth, wah"

20. 2takesfrakes

Why couldn't Janeway feel the same way about that as you, Brit? Instead, she took him for granted. She led him around by the nose, knowing full well that where-ever she'd go ... Chakotay would follow. I refuse to believe they never slept together. It explains too many things, the idea that he'd had her for at least one night. And you know what? Sometimes a taste of honey is worse than none at all.

I suspect that's the case here. Though I have great difficulty picturing or understanding it, the evidence points to Janeway having Hidden Talents. Talents which turned poor Chakota into a Love Sick fool, to some. An obsessed man to others. And to her? An Ego Boost. That's it. I want to like Chakotay, because he reminds me of Riker, with his big oafishness. But this thing with Janeway makes it so tough ...