Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Been watching Batman, have we?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes with regards to the theatrics and deception comment :)

Escalation though is a major theme in "Kick-Ass 2" as Aldo pointed out...taken to the absolute extreme.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

A comment that irks me is Johnson saying the film is going to have more of a narrative. Strikes me as odd, as I thought Kick-Ass 2 actually had a better narrative structure than the first book.

It also bugs me that they're incorporating the Hit-Girl mini into the movie.

I love the mini, and will enjoy seeing it as the film's first act, what bugs me is that in KA2 there is this nice build up until we see Mindy become Hit-Girl again. It's one of those awesome moments because she spends the first half of the book as just Mindy, but by incorporating the mini into the movie, that will no longer be the case.

5. Admiral_Young

Fans will still go nuts when we finally do see Mindy as Hit-Girl during the funeral sequence. It will be a build up to it, even with the Mindy Hit-Girl stuff.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I can't wait to see a picture of Chloe in full costume as Hit-Girl. That's one of the things I'm waiting for.

7. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm saving myself for Hit Girl.

8. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

First images of Chloe Moretz (Hit-Girl) and Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) on the Kick-Ass 2 set.

[​IMG]

Click here for more. It's great seeing Hit-Girl back in action. I'm getting more and more excited for Kick-Ass 2.

9. Admiral_Young

Already that Dave and Mindy pic reminds me of "Hit-Girl" for some reason. LOL

10. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Looks like Dan's done my job for me. :)

11. Turtletrekker

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I see they're sticking with the skirt part of her costume from the first film. Most unnecessary change to the costume in my opinion. Hit-Girl in the comics is much cooler looking without the skirt.

13. Admiral_Young

I like it. Aldo like with the first movie, we know there are going to be changes, "necessary" or not. It's not like they're going to affect how awesome it's going to be. This might even be an in story way of addressing the growing up issue :) To me it's wayyy too early to start nitpicking out of context set photos.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I thought about adding a disclaimer at the end of my post pointing out how anal I was being. Then I forgot where I was ;) Being anal is part of our business.

I don't mind the skirt in theory, I just prefer Hit-Girl's comic book look to her costume in the movies.

15. Turtletrekker

More pics-- including Dr. Gravity and members of Justice Forever.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Pretty cool :D

17. Admiral James Kirk

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

The way it's explained it sounds like it works (removing the third act from the comic, that is).

While I still am a bit annoyed the more extreme stuff was toned down, it sounds like in a way it works (at least the reviewer seems to think so).

I'm still on the fence, but that video went a long way to getting me excited (I mean really excited) for this.

19. Admiral James Kirk

I was already excited and I'm sure it works if Vaughn signed off on it but... I'm really gonna miss all that stuff. I kind of wish I was in the same situation I was with the first movie where I knew nothing about the material. Knowing means missing stuff that I loved. Still the new stuff means new surprises so I guess I got a nice tradeoff. :)

20. Admiral_Young

I think losing all that stuff was probably a compromise to get the movie made. As I have said, while it was a matter of time that a sequel would be made, I honestly thought we'd be waiting a lot longer than we did/have.