Now that we know the new Doctor...what´s going to change?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by FreddyE, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

But again, Smith was darker, even if he was also more bubbly. Eccelston didn't do anything as dark Smith. He was just more low key and reserved and serious all the time. You're confusing Darkness with a lack of bubbliness.

The guy who walks around with a guilt trip and isn't bubbly happy is less dark then the guy who bounces around like Tigger, but, is a Serial Killer. (Not saying Smith's Doctor is a Serial killer, just saying the Bubbliness doesn't take away the more dark actions)

2. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

I totally agree "You gave me hope and then you took it away. That's enough to make anyone dangerous. God knows what it will do to me." words of a man who has a side of himself that he cannot control.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."

I think that sums up his character perfectly.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I expect a more contemporary and dignified look as well. Smith already pushed the "geeky professor" thing about as far as it can go, and I can't really imagine Cipaldi with the rumpled Troughton/Tom Baker/McCoy look.

And I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep the same basic control room, given that they just built the thing.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

He should dress like a young Hipster to overcompensate for the fact that he looks older.

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

He should copy William Hartnell in everything. EVERYTHING.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

LOL, yea, dress him in a Hoodie have him wear his pants below his underwear :eek: ;) (Or his trousers below his pants, I believe, for the Brits)

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe at least for one scene. He should have an 80s-style changing room montage where he tries on lots of outfits and has Clara shaking her head "No" several times until he finds an outfit that works.

9. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Depends on how they play it though. Tom Baker's clothes changing scene was silly and eyeroll-worthy to me. I know it was meant to be funny and have 70's kids laugh, but it was cheesy.

And anyway, Clara is totally the type to pick his clothes FOR him.

"Doctor, wear this. Shut up and trust me."
    "Have you always been this bossy?"
    "Yes. It's one of the things you love about me."
    "Really?"
    "Yes. Now put this on. Off you go." :lol:

10. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I'd kind of like to see him go with a cosmic hobo look again. :)

11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really? Matt Smith is one of the lightest doctors I think.
    Yep. Around Smith, he tried to save everybody, and I can't even remember the last time anybody died since Smith got in. meanwhile, people died in most if not all of Ecclestons episodes. ;)
    :techman:
    • I couldn't imagine Capaldi in a bow tie at all. At least not without him looking like a prat.
    • Yep. I'd like a long dark coat myself.
    • Well Matt Smiths sonic matched his junkyard TARDIS anyway, it doesn't even go with his new one at all. Plus it looks to aggressive.
    • Here here. I can barley see anything in that new TARDIS. It doesn't really feel as "homey" as the other TARDIS's
    • I'd just expect them to replace Matt Smiths face for series 8. But in series 9 when Moffat leaves, yeah, I could expect a full logo and title sequence change.

12. sttngfan1701d

I want them to keep the frock-coat look of Matt Smith's current costume, but with other changes. I really see Capaldi as a "mad Victorian-ish Professor" type. Maybe with a cane at times.

13. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

The things he did at the end of Family Of Blood were a bit dark as well.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I think Capaldi's personality will heavily hinge on what occurs with the Doctor in the two specials.

15. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Nikes, blue jeans and a Black Sabbath T-Shirt

16. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"I have an army."

"We have a TARDIS."

And a van dyke and his sonic screwdriver's gem in his chest ;) And the TARDIS speaks in a posh British accent.

17. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Wow...I can totally see this scene! And I can actually see her trying to "mama" him and boss him around going..."I know you almost as long as you know yourself so do what I say!"...with all the beeing in his timestream and stuff.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm still curious as to whether Clara has seen 12's face before or not. Theorectically she should have seen all his incarnations in his timestream, but she does very specifically mention 11 faces when faced by Hurt.

19. sttngfan1701d

I don't think so. The quote was, as you say, "I've seen all of you. Eleven faces, all of them you." If she had seen more than 11 she definitely would've said so. Though I think you're right in that she SHOULD'VE seen them all. But the end of that episode was so rushed methinks Moffat didn't think that part through.
    Not sure I want to see THAT specifically. If he was lollygagging in his wardrobe she would probably just take over and tell him what to wear, but I don't know about mothering him. The only scenario I can see that happening is if the regeneration goes wrong like it did for 9--->10.

20. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Both of Eleven's main outfits have been eccentric, but primarily so because they're on a younger body. Well, and the current one is eccentric anyway, except that he adopted it in the Victorian era.

Anyhoo, I don't want to see Twelve in anything remotely 9-ish or 10-ish. I'd rather see them go in a direction like 8, 2 or (maybe) 4 with his wardrobe. But as long as we stay away from Six's technicolor dreamcoat, I think we'll be okay. :)