Firefly ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by saturn5, Aug 4, 2010.

1. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep. Since I was going through them all to catch up for the new season, it was a double shock. I think I missed some of the back and forth due to that. I think they threw in a Buffy joke as well, though I never watched that series. I'll have to rewatch the episode, it was pretty good all around. And I'm generally not a fan of cop dramas.

"Vampire Weekend" is the name of the ep, which like I said is #6 in season 2.

2. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

I just finished my rewatch, again, last night. It has the same effect on me everytime; wanting to see more. It is such a travesty that this show got canceled without giving it a chance. Their universe seemed so interesting and well worth exploring even further. It was refreshing not having an alien of the week, over the top and unrealistic space battles, and a believable human future. Perhaps, someday, someone will get the idea to remake this series. However, it probably wouldn't be the same without the original cast of characters.

3. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^I honestly thought, while watching it recently, that it HAD to be cancelled. There was no way something this good could last.

Of course, I did notice that the show was actually getting better towards the end, but I try to push that out of my mind.

4. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

What would have happened with the Blue Sun Group?

[​IMG]

Would it be like Pepsi? or Blackwater? or Serco?

5. saturn5

saturn5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just watching the epic mini-series Gettysburg, based on the Killer Angels which inspired Joss to write Firefly. Hard not to be moved by it, especially the ending, in a war which pitches brother against brother it ends with the Chmaberlain brothers finding each other having survived the chaos of battle and embracing:weep:

6. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

I have it on DVD, and Gettysburg is an unbelievable piece of work! If I wasn't so biased, I might even admit that it is better than firefly :)

I didn't know it was originally meant to be a miniseries. No wonder it's so long! In the future, will people be similarly confused by the nBSG miniseries?

Where did you hear that Joss was inspired by Gettysburg to make firefly?

7. saturn5

saturn5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparently he read The Killer Angel's which is what Gettysberg is based on and that inspired him