Eureka: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can we also ignore the fact that ANYONE can now be a super smartypants by drinking coffee? What's to stop anyone who's ALREADY a genius from snorting the brain juice to change the universe?

Mark

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Well, apparently, you need to have Z-waves for the super-smarts to really kick-in long-term. Other individuals would simply experience a short-term boost and never reach the super-genius of Carter.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I love Eureka, but one gripe I have always had is the premise that a town full of geniuses needs that one down-to-Earth everyman to pull their heads out of the clouds. I've always said that Henry should have been the star of the show (which is nothing against Carter, who I like). Now we have this episode, which perpetuates the mainstream prejudice that high intelligence equals lack of Human feeling. So, while enjoyable, this wasn't exactly my favorite episode.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^ I do agree that Henry should have had a MUCH bigger role. He started off being the most interesting person on the show. Now he's little more than a bit player, and that's a shame.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finally got caught up last night, and the last couple episodes were OK, nothing great, but not the worst things ever. I am happy about the Jack/Alison marriage, and I'm very curious to see where they take things with Holly.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So how would the uncle have treated Kevin back when he was autistic?

I don't think it would be good.

Alison should be holding onto those resentful feelings.

And Alison didn't write Alison's book, so why is Jack giving her credit, unless she's written a few books? And even then, if her alters books are not even minutely different from the books she wrote in the original timeline, they're still not her books.

7. RJDiogenes

They've completely forgotten that he's the mayor. Or did that get lost in the timeline switch?

8. Guy Gardener

I think sex with the wife would have gotten in the way of his political ambitions.

9. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good question. However, autism ≠ unintelligent. Weren't we introduced to Kevin when he was drawing an advanced equation on the ground?

Again, I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering, but I thought Alison did the research, but never got around to publishing the book in the prime universe. I think her not writing a book was more of a technicality than something this universe's Alison did and the other one did not.

As for the Uncle, I think the whole experience lead him to realize that judging someone on their intelligence isn't the (excuse the pun) smartest thing to do.

10. Guy Gardener

Good points. :)

What if the uncle was racist against white people, like Jack thought Kevin meant, and Kevin had given Jack a milkshake that made him black?

11. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I sort of "I am Eurkea (Black)"?

[​IMG]

12. Guy Gardener

But he wouldn't marry her when she was white!

So, you'd have to ask, if he did accept that AWFUL proposal, is he only marrying her because she is black, and if she ever did become white again, would he have grounds for an annulment?

Beetle from the Thunderbolts became black for a while, his girlfriend didn't mind, because he was still the same person on the inside.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, the other hilarious thing about that old Superman issue is that the title is a riff on a then-scandalous Swedish movie. Did DC really think their underage readership were familiar with racy foreign films?

14. RJDiogenes

^^ I remember there being a lot of riffs on that title. I also remembering knowing what it referenced, although I'm not sure how-- I think it may have something to do with Mad.

Those were the days. From the sublime to the ridiculous, pop culture was taking on meaningful issues. Though I am curious (purple) as to how Lois became black, complete with an Afro.

Of course, his response should have been: "I'm a space alien. You're a completely different species no matter what color you are."

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Lois was going under cover for a story, so she used a device provided by Superman to change her looks.

16. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been wondering the same thing myself. And didn't it seem like he and his wife were patching things up? Why hasn't she returned?

17. RJDiogenes

^^ I don't know, but I hope she reappears soon. I love Tembi Locke and I want Henry's story to have a happy ending. He's my favorite character. Well, I really want everyone to get a happy ending-- it's that kind of show.

Ah, the old Kryptonian Ethnicity Modulator. I should have guessed. :D

18. Guy Gardener

We saw how well Tembi can pretend when her husband is a psychotic killer...

Maybe she wants the real Henry back that this doppleganger who murdered her Henry is really in need of a good damn comeuppance?

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

A shame it never popped up on Smallville or Lois & Clark . . .

"Tonight! Gina Torres guest-stars as Lois Lane."

20. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I like her too, and was used to seeing her around. Not having Grace in the show is now wierd.

btw, how many episodes does this season have?