So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Reading "Hadrian And The Triumph of Rome", by Anthony Everitt.

2. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Currently reading "A Singular Destiny".

3. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Supernatural: Fresh Meat by Alice Henderson a few days ago.

I then read Chapter 2 of Federation: The First 150 Years, titled "The Romulan War: 2155-2160."

Then I read the Doctor Who comic, Black Death White Life.

I'm now reading Star Trek: New Frontier: Gods Above.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Breezed through Spirit Walk Book Two over the weekend. At least twice as good as Book One. Some things got a little silly at times, but it was enjoyable. Will probably start Full Circle as soon as I finish Pandora's Star...or maybe before.

5. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    just finished the supremely awesome Cold Equations trilogy, now onto 'Dreams Of The Raven' by Carmen Carter

6. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bought another book on the finer points of how they made everything in Lord Of The Rings. Digging in, the time to make things approaches.
    Just starting The Entropy Effect - Vonda N.McIntyre - hooked already.

7. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review of Alan Dean Foster's novelization of Star Trek Into Darkness. It kind of turned into an analysis of the idea of novelizations rather than a strict review of this particular novel...

Right now, I'm reading William Leisner's The Shocks of Adversity.

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed reading your review of Startrek in to darkness. I just finished reading this novel and liked this novelization of the movie and how the characters were written in this book. I startred reading the Tos nove Shadoe lord by Lawrence Yep.

9. pymfan2000

pymfan2000 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just finished Martin's Game of Thrones books 2, 3 and 4. Great stuff, although I was a little disappointed with book 4.
    Just started Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama. Great concept. So-so execution thus far.
    I also picked up David Brin's Uplift War used but I may wait to get first book before reading this one.

Since I've started playing Star Trek online again with the Romulan expansion I may start reading the Typhon Pact books as I have a Trek book hankering.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Read (Colin) Bateman's Mystery Man, which started off feeling like "Bernard Black as a Private Eye" - but evolved once it became clear that the mystery man is a depressive, aspie, unreliable narrator with lots of other conditions. In fact he has so many conditions (basically, *everything* from allergies to a pacemaker) that it might almost be too much to believe - if not for the fact that I know several people who really are like that!

Anyway, it was great, very touching, clever, funny, didn't handle the POV character's conditions too badly, and there are sequels to look forward to!

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Finished Diane Carey's novelization of Flashback over the weekend. I've been reading Star Trek: Log One by Alan Dean Foster. Good take on the TAS so far.

12. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Currently reading "Over a Torrent Sea", "The Mysterious Mr Quinn" and "A Blink of the Screen".

13. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over a Torrent sea is one of the better Titan novels. I just finished reading Firebird by Jack Mcdevitt. I hope to read the TNG Dragon's honor by John Peel next.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now 50% through with Pandora's Star. It's finally getting beyond interesting and into exciting territory. Just 450 more ePUB pages to go. Yikes.

25% through Full Circle by Kirsten Beyer. What a shock it was to go from Golden's writing into Beyer's immediately. I enjoyed the Literary Treks podcast and I can tell she has an amazing grip on the Voyager characters.

15. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Just finished Dreams Of The Raven by Carmen Carter now onto Rage by Stephen King

17. Use of Time

A few chapters into Deny Thy Father by Jeff Mariotte. I like it so far.

18. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reading Deep Domain by Howard Weinstein. I hope its better than Death Count was. Read Romulans: The Pawns of War last week too.

19. Use of Time

Just read Deep Domain earlier this month. It was a pretty brisk read. Decent story.

20. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

John C. Wright's Count To A Trillion. It's interesting so far, though very hard to describe. I've never read Wright's work before.

Also indulging my current Doctor Who phase with the audiobook of Target's Fury From The Deep novelization.