Grimm, season 2 thread.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sojourner, Aug 16, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, was I the only one to catch the new episode?

What's up with the new intro? It reminds me of the monologue from the old Highlander series. I liked the fast pace although some characters got short changed (Hank). They definitely dumped a lot of exposition on us.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show has certainly been retooled.

Idiot proofed credits, are to welcome idiots.

Mum is proud though. :)

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The new intro.......sucks. I'm just not a big fan of intros that explain the whole premise of the series except for the TOS/TNG opening which is just so well done visually and musically and is written well that I don't mind it.

Lots of info revealed...so much so I can't remember most of it.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the fact that the show has a credits intro now of any sort. What they had before was pathetic.

Doesnt look like NBC's big pr push during the olympics has paid off, the show came back to ratings pretty much in line with last season - good but not a big improvement.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a pretty good season premier. Lots of very interesting info revealed. I watched a video the other day that said we will be dealing a lot more with the mythology this season, so I wasn't to surprised by all of the exposition in the episode.

6. sojourner

I was actually surprised by the early beginning for season 2. Wasn't expecting it for a couple more weeks. That and it's move to very crowded Monday nights, (Alphas, WH13, Perception, Topgear my DVR has limits you stupid networks) may have something to do with the lackluster ratings. People have to find the show again.

7. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I thought the season opener was a good one. There certainly is a lot going on with Juliet's memories being erased and another Grimm in the mix.

Anyone else think that Hank will have to be clued in on what lies beneath the skin of some?

8. sojourner

I'm wondering if Juliet will be written off the show.

9. Temis the Vorta

Knowing that NBC was going to pump up Grimm in the Olympics, I was expecting a lot of action and not too much backstory, to hook new viewers. If those new viewers had shown up, I wonder how they would have reacted to the very backstory intensive episode we got instead?

10. sojourner

The episode also did a pretty good job of filling in what happened last season, so as a new viewer I would have had no problem with it.

11. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

although I like the show overall, am I the only one that really is not a fan of the character portrayal of mommy dearest?

12. hadd001

hadd001 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I personally loved this first episode ... looks like the things are going to be building in some great ways.

13. sojourner

A pretty good episode tonight. They seriously need to ditch that new intro though. It's B movie lame.

The dialog this week was very "Whedon-ish" in spots.

Oh, did anyone else have broadcast problems? For parts of the episode I kept getting some kind of narration. I am guessing it was some kind of service for blind people.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the intro sucks. I think that they put it in there for potential new viewers but I think it would drive them away and not intrigue them.

So Capt. Renard is definitely a Wessen. There was some debate about that last season but it seems to be confirmed here finally.

Ok, I just read an interview with Sasha Roiz and he said that Renard is...
    half hexenbeast. So I'm guessing he's half human?

At the end when Nick's mom was leaving at first I thought that she was going to meet up with someone bad but no...she was just stealing a car.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Nick says "There's this movie we should watch called "the Vow" and you're going to keep watching it until you fall in love with me again."

16. Temis the Vorta

Eh, the ratings dropped. Not fatal or anything but obviously NBC's attempt to get new viewers didnt pan out. The writers apparently didnt get the memo since they failed to deliver what could have held onto viewers - more action, more Monroe & quips, less talk and backstory. I appreciated it, but new folks wouldnt care about the backstory or characters without context.

This week's episode was particularly good, so quality is not the issue. Its a niche show, NBC should just accept that and put it back on Fridays (which is the plan anyway). Its still doing great in comparison to NBC overall. If their new season is a stunning success, that might change the calculations, but Im not betting any money on that happening.

17. sojourner

^How much more action do you think they need? we did get 2 knockdown drag out fights to the death and one room trashed due to someone writhing in pain in this episode. Monroe and foxy chick also got quite a few Scooby Doo lines in as well.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. The only complaints I have is I was hoping Jessica Tuck and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio would stick around longer. Although MEM could, and probably will, come back later.
    At least we have James Frain to help make up for the loss of Tuck.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Okay, I have to admit I am actually enjoying season 2 after the IMO mediocre season 1.

The Mommie Dearest twist at the end gave me hope...

20. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Caught up with these opening two episodes last night. This show's definitely come back strong, and the uptick in quality near the end of last year is increasing for sure. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Also, Bree Turner's Rosalee is absolutely a great addition to the show - really brings a lot. I loved her giving Mama Grimm a hug. :lol: