Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, the whole trekking across a desert with an alien you've just escaped with is straight out of several classic episodes.

2. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Well the fighting music is a nice touch, as well as the desert trek. Did I miss activating a gateway, because I found a cave with a black wall I could not enter?

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

er, no you didnt complete an earlier objective though... once you are in the desert you need to:

- hide between some rocks from scorpion fighters (which wont do anything but you wont progress the mission otherwise)
    - treat the injured and tired Reman with plants and herbs you find in the desert
    -find survirval items in the canyon (optionals for all 3 careers)

look at the map to find the spots, since its such a huge map you need to zoom in to see the white circles... the tricorder hels find stuff as well

After that you can enter the cave and get a cutscene that gets you to the next part of the map.

4. Ronald Held

I clearly missed some objectve. I will have to figure out what I missed.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Likely the spot to hide while the ships fly over. Been a common problem.

6. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

quite enjoyed the episode had some help which was good. One thing that stumped me at first was the matrhs thing took a few minutes to work out what i was supposed to do

also completed 'infected' last night with the help of Dante and a few non fleeters. That last part was frustrating but managed to complete it. didnt take as long as last time i tried it.

7. Timelord Victorious

Congratulations on your success at Infected. I remember how frustrating the last room can be. These days it usually takes just a few minutes and the whole mission about 90 minutes at average.

Hope to see you on our next fleet run and give me a call if you feel you are ready for the Cure.

I agree Dantes is a good addition to the fleet, glad we picked him up for Khitomer Accord.

8. Ronald Held

Will any spot near large rocks do? All that happened before the cave were packs of ground attacking animals.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

No, there's a specific spot (pretty close to where it told you hide in the first place). If the Reman is still following you, pretty much go back to the start and walk away again, and by trying a few of the piles of rocks, you may trigger the next message.

Unfortunately, my Reman eventually just left (or disappeared), so when i got the message, I no longer had anyone to heal, and just reset the level instead. I only had to replay from the desert part, though, so not bad.

The white circle you're supposed to go to is either glitchy or so small that it is hidden by the rocks it's telling you to go to. In my case, I'd swear it was never there, because I tried to get the map as big as possible to find a hint once I couldn't find the spot.

From a writing standpoint, it's a great episode, and the graphics are great, just that one trigger seems a bit buggy...

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I put some purple lower level gear in the officers tab of the bank for our lower ranked officers.

11. Timelord Victorious

Well thank your for that...

Putting up a Who is Who of the Armada on the fleet thread next...

12. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

I just started this game for the first time this week. I'm not crazy about a lot of the controls (it seems I have to manually adjust the view after engaging an enemy instead of doing it itself) and I'm not used to PC games in general. Also, my laptop is old and the graphics card apparently is not up to snuff, so I have to play it with lesser graphics.

However, I do find myself generally enjoying it and going where ever I want between missions.

13. Timelord Victorious

Welcome to the game, the only game ever that kept me occupied for more than a year so far and no end on the horizon.
    It`s a great experience always renewing and bettering itself.
    It`s great soloing it but becomes awesome as a community thing.
    You find you have a lot of people here with experience who can answer your questions and are generalyl helpful.
    We also have a board fleet you are welcome to join. It's called the TrekBBS Armada.
    Just give me or any other member a "call" for an invite.

14. Ronald Held

Thanks, I would have not seen the very small initial circle at my normal map resolution. No problems with the mission after that.

15. Timelord Victorious

Glad to hear. I'm used to zooming in on the map from Champions where some of the maps are a lot bigger and missions happen in relatively small areas so the circle doesnt show up initially.

16. Ronald Held

I usually do not have to zoom in on the usual maps, so i did not think that was critical. Awaiting the final episode...

17. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

How much you want to bet that the final, limited time reward will be...

...a bridge officer from the Romulan faction?

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a bridge officer from the Reman faction.

19. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Man, either would be cool. Although my personal choice would have to be...

...a Romulan Scorpion fighter shuttle (just add the Reman shields to turn it into a Reman one), complete with non-combat pet version. :bolian:

Either that, or have that as the regular reward (dunno, it's a bit more than we've had in the past...), and have the <unmentionable - spoilers> as the special reward.

20. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

Is it supposed to be a long time before you can upgrade your ship? I've done a number of missions now and don't seem to have any credits.

It's weird because last night I changed the look of my ship and it didn't charge me. Today when I log on, the ship doesn't look the same and then I don't have enough credits to change the look of the ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.