series 6,, what will it be like

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by DumbDumb2007, Jan 16, 2008.

1. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'm hoping it'll be a Saturday morning cartoon (hour long as all the other series were,) & enable more adventures in more (Ent-era to post-"Nem") time periods, while bringing more of the TOS races back from oblivion.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Going off past history - whatever the idea, it will feature a large breasted woman in a catsuit and toaster who wants to learn to be human.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

What happened to that new animated series I heard about? I remember it involved a string of Omega-particle detonations occurring, and cutting off parts of the Federation from each other. Also I believe Vulcan was supposed to secede.

Was it ever a real concept, or just wishful fan thinking?

4. HRHTheKING

HRHTheKING Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was real. But I don't know what happened to it.

May be still in the works. They released concept designs for it.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It actually does look kind of cool. I found a link here.

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

sounds awful.

7. Rene Picard

Rene Picard Commander Red Shirt

I know that this idea has not been well received by many in the past, but...
    I've always been intrigued by the idea of a series set during or after the Fall of the Federation. Less comfy era, less perfect humans, less tech, more conflict and drama. Maybe still have pockets of Federation-loyal systems, maybe have one or several core worlds (not necessarily Earth) in turmoil, or even occupied (but not by a local rival like the Romulans or Klingons or Borg). The Federation of the late 24th Century would simply lose its cohesion for one or many reasons, and become a scattered collection of separate systems or small empires, many competing with each other for dwindling tech resources/knowledge, others outright hostile to each other.
    No doubt others could flesh it out better than I'm doing.

And yes, there's a percentage of the fan base that rightly points out that part of Trek's allure is its optimistic view of the future, so a Fall of the Federation would not be Trek. Maybe. But IMHO, and as I once read, Trek's real center is its heart, the best of human values triumphing against adversity. There just doesn't seem to be much adversity left in the late-24th & early 25th Century.

FWIW--

8. TheCanon72

TheCanon72 Lieutenant

I don't get it.

There are always comments of

"Trek must move forward!"

and

"Trek must have a war!"

But this animated series idea sucks.

9. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Commodore Commodore

Re: Fall of the Federation

I was always very suspicious of the idea, but I've actually been very intrigued by Star Trek: Lost Frontier. It could work on TV.

I dunno. I've spent so long trying to come up with a good Series VI premise that it hurts my mind to think about it. Voyager's premise was bloody brilliant, in retrospect. It took the whole Trek vision and turned it on its head while still being Trek. I suppose I'd try to think along those lines.

10. Rhodan

Rhodan Commander Red Shirt

In Star Trek:Online, Federation is adapting Borg transwarp technology, isn´t it?

So what about giant transwarp hub with connections in this and other galaxies and with high probabillity of hitting dimensional and temporal anomalies/glitches. Except of Federation ship(s) they woud have Klingons and Romulans as their protection. Romulan would be one of main characters.Ferengi would be very different and klingon - influenced by this era ( constant klingon occupation force would be only thing that would keep Grand Nagus Rom in power).Kelvans would be primary adversaries, at least for time being.
    So we would have:
    - Stationary base
    - Unlimited research
    - Reminding us that Janeway, Seven of nine and their contribution to mankind´s technology were the best thing since sliced bread....

Everobody wins!

11. Garrovick

Garrovick Guest

Hopefully, a good story line with some characters we can like. Using new names for the characters.

Sort of like TNG.

Who would a have ever thought an older bald Frenchman would become one of Star Trek's most well known Capitans.

12. Mr. Fergy

Mr. Fergy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always said it should take place 80 years after TNG on the enterprise.

13. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

I'd watch it. I honestly believe that a new animated series is the safest way for CBS to bring Trek back to the small screen. Production costs should be much cheaper and they could go with a half hour format to make it even more so.

14. trash80

trash80 Commander Red Shirt

Titan would be good as an animated series, it would probably be too expensive to do live-action with all the non-humanoid characters.

15. Wonderlust King

Wonderlust King Captain Captain

I would hope that they make something that takes place maybe 20 years after nemesis. It would take place on the newly commissioned USS Enterprise NCC-1701-F. That way they could have all the former tng characters guest star as admirals and higher ups.