The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They can put the hat on the little yippy dog and then they'll really be safe.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Funny you should say that, because in the comics someone else does end up wearing Dale's hat...

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some tidbits about S3 and cast commentary about S2.

I loved the part about the actors quaking in fear at getting the dreaded call to report to the Makeup Guy. :rommie:

The strategy of killing off Dale as a prelude to the too-obvious death of Shane was right on the money. But this statement might cause some dismay:

This is certainly intriguing:

Maggie better hope she doesn't get pregnant, because even if the writers probably wouldn't kill off Lori via Zombie Fetus, they'd jump at the chance to scare the shit out of her by having another female character die that way. :p

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Problem with that idea is that Lori would be at least a month more advanced than Maggie.

5. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't mean Maggie can't miscarry before Lori gives birth or does likewise.

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Maggie and Glenn will go full on rabbit style like in the comic book..

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Again, if that is true, they're either going to need to recast the kid or the series is going to have time jump, meaning the show is going to diverge more and more from the books.

8. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Carl could potentially be an interesting character if he were played by a different (preferably slightly older) actor. Personally, I'd find the show more interesting if Lori and Carl were both killed off. It would certainly spin off Rick in a much more volatile direction. Callies' interpretation of what the scripts hold is often different that what I see on screen, so who knows how the scripting really comes across? Let Glenn and Maggie procreate if they need babies.

If the writers are under the impression that there's rooting value in Rick and Lori "getting together" again and becoming a stable couple, they're egregiously mistaken. IMO, the Lori character is beyond redemption. If they wanted a full on sexual/romantic story, they'd be better off killing off Lori and paring Rick with Andrea when she comes back. Don't laugh--with some more character development on both sides, the pairing makes sense. I understand they're inching towards that in the comics. Some folks are saying, "No no, she was in love with Shane." Andrea was not in love with Shane. She was on a high from having killed those zombies on her and Shane's day trip and she felt like taking some pleasure and fucking an alpha male. He was the nearest available.

9. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

you mean people have sex and are not in love? :alienblush:

10. Dorian Thompson

Yeah. They're called men. (mostly) :lol:

Seriously, some of the Shane mourners are thinking Andrea's going to be in the mood to off Rick for killing Shane. Actually, once Daryl's confirms that the tracks he saw indicated that Shane and Randall were together and that Randall hadn't escaped--and that basically Shane was a liar--Andrea is sensible enough to accept it. She's the female character I have hope for. :lol:

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I'm sure the initial shock is likely to make her upset/concerned about Rick, but, once she hears the wwhole story, I can't imagine her going on a vendetta rage.

12. Dorian Thompson

I can imagine Andrea rolling her eyes at Lori and asking her what her damage is with being upset at Rick. He's your husband, isn't he? He treated you with respect even after you got pregnant with his best friend's child? The guy was planning to kill him, so what the hell is YOUR problem?

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

production on season 3 started today!

14. RJDiogenes

And I just got an email from Amazon about this.

15. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

So I've been catching up with the rest of season 2 after having gotten bored with it a little half-way through. I'm through episode 11 now, and I just gotta say, Lori is a terrible mother. How is Karl always running off doing shit without her knowing?

16. RJDiogenes

Probably the same way I was always running off and doing shit without anybody knowing when I was a kid. :rommie:

17. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Played it. its ok. Not awesome, but OK if you like puzzle games. It's a little clunky though.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uh-oh.

Growled??? :crazy: Probably just too much meth, right? Right?

Have a Happy Memorial Day, folks, I'm headed to Big 5 to stock up on crossbows...

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

God DAMN it, Temis. Now I've got the heebie jeebies. Thanks.