In Defense of the Occupation

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by SpaceBrotha, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Guys, I have been out for a few days as my sister is extremely ill, so I didn't see this until today.

I've read the whole thing and have thought about it, and I have a couple of comments:

1. If I had been here and seen this post when it was posted a couple of days ago, I'd have locked it down. The OP and what is apparently his trusty sidekick (and yes, to me it was just that obvious they were working together :rolleyes: ) were clearly hoping to stir up a shitstorm. That much is obvious.

2. As I have always maintained, the Niners who post in this forum rose to the occasion fabulously, and did not take the bait. Instead, you turned what was clearly a racebaiting troll post into a reasonably calm and legitimate discussion. Not perfect, mind you...but certainly not the flamewar the OP and his sidekick where hoping for. For that, I can commend you all for good behavior. Thanks for making my return not nearly as stressful as it could have been when I saw the Notify Mods in my box.

3. I'm closing this thread now. Not because of anything the 'regulars' here did...but simply because the OP does not deserve any more attention. From anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.