Endgame was awesome!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Vulcan Logician, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, it was and great way to end the series.:)

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well that's debatable.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Chakotay and Seven hooking up is ALWAYS wrong in my book. :D

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

See that's the thing.. all these Chakotay fans who think he is hot hot hot and would love to wake up in his bed deny 7 the very thing they wish for themselves. It's sad.

5. Captain Kathryn

Besides my hate for C/7 (I really don't care if other people like it, to each their own. I just think it was random. We never actually see Seven and Chakotay actually begin dating. Human Error doesn't count since Chakotay was a hologram, but I digresss...) I have other reasons for disliking it.

As a stand alone episode...if it wasn't the last episode AND if they didn't shove C/7 in at the last possible moment...I might have liked it.

But I wanted to see them back on Earth. And not at some reunion where Tuvok is so mentally unstable he couldn't attend. And not in a timeline where Chakotay and Seven are dead.

To be honest, I liked the Admiral. I did. I didn't even mind the time travel THAT much. Do I think it should have been done another way? Yes. But, that wasn't why I dislike it.

I dislike it because we get NO resolution other than the fact that we know the Borg are pretty much done for (at least at the moment) and that they do "get home" all in one piece.

But...we never get to see them all home. We don't know what happens to them. It would have been nice to show them landing and being down on Earth again and everyone being happy or something.

Also...it pissed me off that THEY DON'T EVEN TELL US WHY CHAKOTAY DIED IN THAT FIRST TIMELINE.

6. Captain Kathryn

It's not that I love Chakotay.

Seven is way more awesome than Chakotay. Better character, better lines, better humor.

But I just didn't see the chemistry between them AT ALL.

I would have rather had nearly any pairing other than that.

Yes, I wanted Janeway to end up with Chakotay because for some reason I just think they had chemistry or at least they knew each other for a long time, had an established relationship and rapport...and come on, Janeway went through enough already. Engaged twice and both of them gone. She deserved to be happy. Even if it wasn't Chakotay...I just didn't like that they ended her arc with her being alone. I just didn't enjoy that. I think she deserved more than that.

7. teacake

7 exhausted him and when he went on a spirit quest to try and revive himself 7 WAS HIS SPIRIT ANIMAL!!!

She had assimilated him so hard that there was no escape.

And then he died.

8. Captain Kathryn

:lol::lol::lol:

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Great episode.

10. teacake

I agree, and that is why I have choked down the books, put on a happy face and wish her well.

11. Captain Kathryn

Duuuude...Don't you know those other 140 crewman have no meaning!?!?! Come on now. Anyone who watches Voyager knows this! :D I'm kidding.

Also I think Teacake would totally go back in time and sacrifice herself to save Seven. :P

12. teacake

Maybe when I'm old as the Admiral I might do that, but first I'd have to spend a few decades tormented over never getting either Chakotay OR 7 into my bed. That is total fail. Talk about regrets. Seriously, if any of you have regrets like this about people in your life you abstained from because of a higher road you felt compelled to take you should totally try and fix it now before you have to take down Klingons to do so.

13. Captain Kathryn

Yeaa...

My very first experience with Trek was watching Voyager for the first time and I remember facepalming at the end of "Resolutions" because Janeway didn't get with Chakotay haha. The whole episode in the beginning and middle seemed like they were going to do it and they don't. ARGGG. :lol:

Also HARRY.

SEVEN: Are you in love with me, Ensign?
    KIM: Well, no.
    SEVEN: Then you wish to copulate?
    KIM: No! I mean, I, I don't know what I mean.

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember that scene clearly the first time I watched it. I was a hormone filled teenager who was trying to strangle the TV all while shouting to it what an idiot Harry Kim was. :lol:

15. Captain Kathryn

So many good lines from that episode.

KIM: Ensign Kim personal log, stardate 51186.2. Working with Seven of Nine is starting to get a little awkward. Tom's right. Anything more than friendship is a bad idea. But I can't stop thinking about her.

PARIS: If you'll excuse me, I have to go check on Harry. I hear he's having a nervous breakdown. It's a long story.

16. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Endgame is an amazing episode, it somehow managed to take EVERYTHING that was wrong with VOY and cram it into 2 hrs. The only thing Endgame has going for it is that its not as bad as TATV.

17. teacake

Harry's pin up girl just came to life and now he can't cope.. and meanwhile there is probably some chatty little ensign who keeps trying to get his attention that he barely notices because she's too available and not doesn't give him that unattainable high.

18. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Noted. Sorry, I haven't been on the bbs while the thread while this thread took on a life of its own. These are minor flaws (at least to me) R Star. Its like "All Good Things" with its problem of the anomaly-growing-backward-in-time error, but the STORY is still good. The plot is what I enjoy about endgame. I don't focus much on the details. I do have a few issues with the episode (for instance, if the borg posses a wormhole leading to 001, why hasn't earth been handily assimilated?) But I loved the plot. If you can't suspend your disbelief once in a while, it becomes impossible to enjoy Trek.

19. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't love a plot that involves the notion that the crew of one little ship is more important than the lives of everyone they touched for another X years.

Or are we supposed to believe that during the additional years Voyager spent getting home they did absolutely nothing of consequence?

20. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    All those fictional people we never heard of? Nope, not bothered.